• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Ghost of Tsushima release?

• H2 2019

Votes: 52 26.0%
  • H1 2020

Votes: 90 45.0%
  • H2 2020

Votes: 58 29.0%

• Total voters

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France

I personally chuckle when people suggest TLoU2 or Death Stranding could be launching in 2019... On the other hand I can definitely see Ghost of Tsushima happening. And if this Swedish retailer is to be believed then it will positioned in a similar healthy timeslot as Spider-Man last year for the run-up to the holidays.

Sucker Punch have historically been a timely developer that doesn't stray far off initial release target (and I presume that means delivering on budget). Ghost of Tsushima has now been in development for near twice the length of any of their previous projects, all the way since 2014...
Autumn 2019? I believe.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
have any of these retailer release date leaks actually been real

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
That seems really early to me, I was expecting 2020. But I also didn't know it had been in development since 2014, so I guess it could happen.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
How reputable is the source? Seems like a placeholder to me, but I'm not savvy about this.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
It is a friday and not last day of the month, close to what Spiderman was. It makes sense still I don't believe it.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
If it was Aug 31 I would be much more skeptical. Last days of the month are usually temp dates.

Also, this Aug would be very quick for the game that did not get big marketing push. Sony would promote it more if it was coming this summer.

AxeVince

Oct 26, 2017
Usually, things put at the end of a month are placeholders.

About the possibility of it coming out this year, it being a supposedly open world with lots of systems and profound fight make it look less likely to see it than a corridor game with heavy scripting like TLOU2.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Considering how they haven't put out anything since Infamous Last Light, it seems possible. The gameplay looked fantastic.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, same day as Astral Chain if true. Wonder if the 30th could become a loaded day, like when Mario, Assassin's Creed, and a few other games all came out at once.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
They still have a bunch of senior roles they're recruiting for, including Senior Programmer for GoT, I doubt it's coming that soon.

But I'd guess we'll get an idea of what's next after Days Gone ships. But I suspect that will be Concrete Genie (if you don't count Dreams EA).

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be exactly 5 years since Infamous First Light launched. 5 years one game. crazy.

I remember last gen they were cranking out a new game every two years. Whats going to happen next gen? 8 years per game?

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us 2 certainly seems more far along than Tsushima. Would be pretty shocked if this comes out this year AND beats TLOU2 to the punch.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
GoT - August 2019.
TLoU 2 - October 2019.
Death Stranding - March or April 2020.

GoT has been in development for a long time now, so it wouldn't be totally out of the question to see it in 2019.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
hard to believe but maybe we are about to get an onslaught from Sony PR

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Even if it is planned for that date, it can still easily receive a delay between now and then.

August this year would be so good though. Too good to be true.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't believe it, wasn't it announced in August 2017? They probably just added 2 years as a place holder.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I see it coming out this year but that seems early.

Feb 10, 2018
I'm thinking for 2019

It will be days gone, dreams, TLOU2,

2020 will be shenmue 3, Ghosts and death stranding. .

Jan 20, 2019

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I personally chuckle when people suggest TLoU2 or Death Stranding could be launching in 2019... On the other hand I can definitely see Ghost of Tsushima happening.

1) This is a retailer placeholder.
2) Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part II stand a better chance of coming out this year for various reasons.
3) I wouldn't post an AlphaFoxWarfare tweet as proof of anything. EVER. The kid bullshits and misleads.

GoT has been in development for a long time now, so it wouldn't be totally out of the question to see it in 2019.
It's also the game we've seen the least of, cumulatively.

It's also not begun the localisation process yet, of which we've heard. Whilst the other 2 have.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
1) This is a retailer placeholder.
2) Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part II stand a better chance of coming out this year for various reasons.
3) I wouldn't post an AlphaFoxWare tweet as proof of anything. EVER. The kid bullshits and misleads.

It's also the game we've seen the least of, cumulatively.

It's also not begun the localisation process yet, of which we've heard. Whilst the other 2 have.

How are you so sure that's a placeholder date? It's not the end of the month, not the end of a quarter, and it's a Friday.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
How are you so sure that's a placeholder date? It's not the end of the month, not the end of a quarter, and it's a Friday.
Those are some good points, but...

Someone at PlayStation mistakenly added a [29/12/2017] date to a Days Gone montage video. That was a Friday and it also wasn't the end of that month.

These things are always placeholder dates or errors, just like that TLoU Part II one recently. A release date would not be provided to stores this far in advance, nor would it "leak" like this. Seems like a waste to keeping entertaining discussion around obvious placeholder dates since whenever it happens it always gets disproven quickly. Same song and dance.

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some good points, but...

Someone at PlayStation mistakenly added a [29/12/2017] date to a Days Gone montage video. That was a Friday and it also wasn't the end of that month.

These things are always placeholder dates or errors, just like that TLoU Part II one recently. A release date would not be provided to stores this far in advance, nor would it "leak" like this. Seems like a waste to keeping entertaining discussion around obvious placeholder dates since whenever it happens it always gets disproven quickly. Same song and dance.
I don't believe GoT is coming in August, but the date itself doesn't scream obvious placeholder to me. A minor quibble though.

Oct 27, 2017
They said in late 2017 when they announced that they didn't want to have too long between reveal and release, this would almost be 2 full years so I can believe it but will reserve doubt in case it gets pushed.

But that's a Friday and technically not the final day in the month, which place holders usually are

I'd love GoT to come out this date. My most anticipated game this year