• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm gonna put this question I asked in another tread for more visibility:

Does Sony has a precedent of selling the Deluxe edition content separately after lunch? I'm asking cause mi local store won't be selling the steelbook edition, and that's the one I want, but they will be giving away a poster to the people that pre order. So I was thinking in buying the physical edition and later on getting a deluxe kit.
Not sure if you're still waiting for a reply on this, but I can't think of a time I've seen Digital Deluxe content going on sale after the fact. I'm in a frustrating position with Control (not first party, but has a Deluxe sku) where I bought the base game and the DLC pass, not realizing there was a Deluxe Edition, and now there is no way to get the exclusive outfit that comes with the Deluxe sku. Digital Deluxe bonuses are usually locked to the deluxe sku unless or until a "complete edition" of the game comes out in the future.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Ehhhhh I'm just gonna pretend I never saw this footage. The last few trailers etc. made the combat look pretty interesting so I'll just stick with that stuff being the last I ever saw!

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
Everything looks gorgeous but the combat.

I'll play it but not right now. Would love a one stage demo to sway me
I think (and hope) the combat system is pretty deep and it will take some time to master it.
Beside, the dude's playing on easy, maybe that's why it looks silly sometimes. Otherwise you have to be more carefully, which changes the fighting- / combat look and feel.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Not sure if you're still waiting for a reply on this, but I can't think of a time I've seen Digital Deluxe content going on sale after the fact. I'm in a frustrating position with Control (not first party, but has a Deluxe sku) where I bought the base game and the DLC pass, not realizing there was a Deluxe Edition, and now there is no way to get the exclusive outfit that comes with the Deluxe sku. Digital Deluxe bonuses are usually locked to the deluxe sku unless or until a "complete edition" of the game comes out in the future.
Thanks, I guess I took MH: World for granted cause Capcom sells both the deluxe content for the base game and the expansion separately but I was checking other Sony exclusives and noticed that they don't do it. Anyway I just realize that I can't afford to buy the game at launch so I'm just gonna wait for a discount on the digital deluxe edition in a few months.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I think (and hope) the combat system is pretty deep and it will take some time to master it.
Beside, the dude's playing on easy, maybe that's why it looks silly sometimes. Otherwise you have to be more carefully, which changes the fighting- / combat look and feel.
I mean i play all my single player games on Easy to get them over with. That doesn't stop combat in games from being fun.

BreeseBo

Banned
Apr 15, 2020
c9cp6uhv.jpg

g9kdxpvh.jpg

1 hour of gameplay

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't work, viewcount exceeded

streamable.com

GoT p5

Watch "GoT p5" on Streamable.
streamable.com

GoT p6

Watch "GoT p6" on Streamable.
streamable.com

GoT p7

Watch "GoT p7" on Streamable.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cutscenes look great. I hope SP took the time to do lip sync for JP audio, it's seemingly perfect for the English track.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the odd one out here. I think the combat looks fucking awesome. Im looking past the shitty player and thinking of the potential when I have the controller in my hand and play the game properly.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen but this means ps5 patch will make it 4k 60 👌👍

resolution will target 4k (may not hit it, may require reconstruction) and 30fps
performance will likely aim for 60fps at a lower resolution. Often just means unlocked though and often won't hit a solid 60fps

I wonder what will happen on PS5.
- resolution may go slightly higher towards native 4k but they may have a fixed lower resolution that won't change. 30fps lock also likely won't change. On PS5 may be identical to PS4 pro

- performance - again possible the lower resolution stays the same if it was hard coded. But the unlocked framerate should hit a nice 60fps (maybe even higher for VRR displays but that may be a stretch without specific support)

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK

streamable.com

GoT p5

Watch "GoT p5" on Streamable.
streamable.com

GoT p6

Watch "GoT p6" on Streamable.
streamable.com

GoT p7

Watch "GoT p7" on Streamable.

Thanks for this, didn't want to spoil myself so just watched some of the combat and, hmm, it looks fun, but some of it just looks kind of..dated? like the big button prompts R2 Crawl Under, Square Assasinate, the big flashing prompt to counter or block on enemy attacks, for example.
I hope you can turn off the majority of those things, but then the stuff like scripted deaths which clip into fences, and the running around seeming to not really be interacting with the floor, i kind of expected a bit more "polish" than this.

That being said it looks fun and i am NOT saying these things make it a bad game so please don't reply saying i'm badmouthing the game, i am just a little let down by that lack of detail i was expecting (and maybe that's on me)

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for this, didn't want to spoil myself so just watched some of the combat and, hmm, it looks fun, but some of it just looks kind of..dated? like the big button prompts R2 Crawl Under, Square Assasinate, the big flashing prompt to counter or block on enemy attacks, for example.
I hope you can turn off the majority of those things, but then the stuff like scripted deaths which clip into fences, and the running around seeming to not really be interacting with the floor, i kind of expected a bit more "polish" than this.

That being said it looks fun and i am NOT saying these things make it a bad game so please don't reply saying i'm badmouthing the game, i am just a little let down by that lack of detail i was expecting (and maybe that's on me)
It's not just you.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017

Hey, I'm with you. This is my dream game, but I can't ignore how utterly dated everything related to the game's animation looks in stark contrast to the high quality of the character models, environments, etc. It moves like a game from the early 2000's.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything wrong with the animations truth be told outside of a few oddities. Seems about on par with most games not made by ND.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The game looks a bit like For Honor in the combat department, it has a bit of a clunky/wooden style to the animations.

but the person playing is really bad and it doesn´t help that he runs around with the same stance the whole time. need to experience this myself for a proper judgement on the combat.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
Hey, I'm with you. This is my dream game, but I can't ignore how utterly dated everything related to the game's animation looks in stark contrast to the high quality of the character models, environments, etc. It moves like a game from the early 2000's.

Early 2000's is a pretty huge exaggerating if you ask me, but I agree that the animation work definitely isn't as stellar as the rest of the visuals.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks a bit like For Honor in the combat department, it has a bit of a clunky/wooden style to the animations.

but the person playing is really bad and it doesn´t help that he runs around with the same stance the whole time. need to experience this myself for a proper judgement on the combat.
Yeah, haha. Jin is supposed to be a seasoned samurai warrior, but this guy got him running around slashing his katana wildly with one hand.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Holy hyperbole, you don't know what early 2000 games look like.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

Alright lets chill lmao
Early 2000s is ridiculous lol

Are the animations For Honor tier? No, but they still look good for the most part aside from that bear throw lol

And tbf, TLoU2 had button prompts for certain actions as well lol

So did Spiderman and GoW to a degree

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
resolution will target 4k (may not hit it, may require reconstruction) and 30fps
performance will likely aim for 60fps at a lower resolution. Often just means unlocked though and often won't hit a solid 60fps
I doubt that, this is an open world game after all. I guess it`s going to be like in Horizon Zero Dawn: higher res-mode meaning framerate drops here and there, while performance-mode will be stable 30 FPS at lower res.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, but why isn't the grass really reacting to what happens on it? That also bugged me in the State of Play footage.

I don't know what you are talking about. The grass and other foliage definitely reacts to Jin, the horse, enemies and even the wind, also in the State of Play footage. Watch the first couple of minutes when he walks through the grass again. Here, I added a book mark at 1:55:

Last edited:

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, ScOULaris just passed me this latest leaked footage of GoT.
Animations snapping from one to another with no easing/blending. Enemies dying with canned animations and then having no physical connection to the environment after that animation completes. Movement speed not always matching the accompanying animation, giving the impression of the character gliding across the ground at times.

Yep. My comparison holds up.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
OK I can see how the death animation can be annoying. All the enemies are dying the same. Is there variety depending on the weapon/strength/stance?

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a game but nobody is gonna take you seriously if your comments are full of hyperboles. I think most of us agree that the game needs some polish but saying that the animations are terrible or that it looks like an early 2000 game is not helpful to the discussion at all.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reviews would have to be really positive to reignite my interest in this.

Either way, based on Sucker Punch's history and the Assassin's Creed inspiration in the design, I'm not to worried about missing this. I just know in a year or so there'll be a badass expansion where you're fighting mythical creatures and wielding the elements.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Animations snapping from one to another with no easing/blending. Enemies dying with canned animations and then having no physical connection to the environment after that animation completes. Movement speed not always matching the accompanying animation, giving the impression of the character gliding across the ground at times.

Yep. My comparison holds up.

Breh....

I think the reviews would have to be really positive to reignite my interest in this.

Either way, based on Sucker Punch's history and the Assassin's Creed inspiration in the design, I'm not to worried about missing this. I just know in a year or so there'll be a badass expansion where you're fighting mythical creatures and wielding the elements.

AC wasn't an inspiration for this game tbf. And I highly doubt they're gonna go the supernatural route if there is DLC

Jan 2, 2018
I don't know what you are talking about. The grass and other foliage definitely reacts to Jin, the horse, enemies and even the wind, also in the State of Play footage. Watch the first couple of minutes when he walks through the grass again. Here, I added a book mark at 1:55:

And now look at 03:00, the character on horseback riding through the flowers.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And now look at 03:00, the character on horseback riding through the flowers.
That's way too fast, there's too much blur and video compression going on to properly tell. At worst the flowers don't react but everything else does. For example the pampas grass Jin is riding through around 2:30. The horse clearly displaces it.
Anyway, your initial claim that grass doesn't react is wrong.

Now look at 4:50 when the horse is slowed.

At 3:00, it's going so fast I couldn't even tell if it wasn't moving so that was sort of a bogus call out.

Yep, also this.

Jan 2, 2018
That's way too fast, there's too much blur and video compression going on to properly tell. At worst the flowers don't react but everything else does. For example the pampas grass Jin is riding through around 2:30. The horse clearly displaces it.
Anyway, your initial claim that grass doesn't react is wrong.

Sometimes the grass, but more so the bushes don't react and it looked weird in one scene in the stream. I noticed it while just enjoying the footage. It's no big deal, just stood out a bit.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Graphics looks pretty, but that swordplay looks sluggish and there's something about this game that haven't grabbed me yet. Definitely waiting for reviews on this one.