• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

"We're excited to be partnering with Chad and 87Eleven Entertainment, to bring their vision of Jin's story to the big screen. We love working with creative partners like Chad, who have a passion for our games, ensuring we can create rich adaptations that will excite our fans and new audiences." said Asad Qizilbash, Head of PlayStation Productions.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Well well. Actually excited for this. Ghost of Tsushima is currently my favorite Sony IP.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Well that came out of nowhere. Obviously I'm down, it just surprised me is all.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It could probably be a trilogy, if you think about it, because the game has 3 distinct acts and climactic battles.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Holy shit! Sony really is going all-in with the movie adaptations.
I'm intrigued!

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they are going to make the environments stand out as much as they do in the game. Or if they even try to match the aesthetic.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Rad. Sony is not fucking around when it comes to adapting these games into films. I get the sense they know their film brand is starving for huge hits that are internally owned (considering Spiderman's rights have to be fought over after every film), and the PlayStation catalogue is brimming with stuff that could make the leap to the big screen.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
This sucks, man. Ghost of Tsushima was already a flimsy American appropriation of Japanese cinema, turning that back into a film... there's no good reason to do that.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
This is interesting. It feels like their MP initiative years back.

I hope they do well but does every game need a movie? Lol.

(Twisted Metal TV show comes to mind)

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes. This is a game I could totally see working well as a movie so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's going to have some incredible action sequences that's for sure.

But isn't Chad already busy with JW4 and Highlander for the next couple of years? Wonder when this will release.
Shouldn't a Japanese director do the directing for a proper Samurai flick?
Why? Would you have an issue if it were the other way round, eg a Japanese director directing a Western? I don't see why your nationality matters when directing a fictional action movie.

May 17, 2018
This sucks, man. Ghost of Tsushima was already a flimsy American appropriation of Japanese cinema, turning that back into a film... there's no good reason to do that.

Well, at least they're staying true to the game by getting a white guy from Massachusetts to direct it!

Not pumped at all for this, myself. I platinumed this game and couldn't tell you the name of one character besides Jin.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this could actually turn out good. Now where's the horizon zero dawn prequel tv series?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
When has Sony actually delivered on video game to movie adaptations? I really don't have any faith this will see the light of day and on the rare chance it does, be any good.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Uncharted movie is a reality, TLoU Series is developing well it seems, now a Tsushima movie... what else is Sony planning for these types of ventures? I recall there being a Sly Cooper project too.