• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
50117590152_37acd6ab78_o.jpg

Welcome to the official Ghost of Tsushima Photography Thread. :)

Sucker Punch Production's long awaited samurai epic and swan song of the PS4 finally releases. The game is set on the beautiful, lush, vibrant and scenically diverse island of Tsushima. Let's set out on a journey to capture its serene beauty and bloody turmoil in photographs.
This thread is primarily meant to showcase your photography, but since the game's in-depth photo mode also allows you to create moving photos, gifs are welcome here as well.

Before you show us your photography skills, please take a look at this thread's code of honor:

Thread Rules:
1) Two screenshots per post and two consecutive posts allowed.
2) 4K PS4 Pro screens are allowed, 1080p screens are however highly recommended.
3) No story spoilers or photos of main story boss fights allowed until September 17th.

Last edited:

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Can't wait to see all the photos posted in here.

Does the camera rotate around the character or is the camera free?

One thing about the Naughty Dog photo mode that i don't like. It was the same in Days Gone but at least it provided a bit more freedom.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I'll be taking lots of pics with this one, and i can't wait to see others. This game is way too beautiful

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly looking forward to all of the amazing photos people will take, I'll try my hand at it too.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
That photo mode with its options means I'm going to be spending a lot of times taking photos lol. Sony needs to start making their studios have a list of features that all games by default have. GoT allowing the background environment continue to move in real time has to be something that's available on all first party photo modes. And the camera placement options and range should be as well. Can't wait.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm scared that I'm going to spend 9-10 hours of my playtime in Ghost of Tsushima just in photo mode. Expect some photo drops from me in this thread when I start copying them over to my PC or posting them on Twitter.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, finally some awesome photography! :D Thank you, Koralsky. Me and one other having replied here means you can again post 4 photos. ;)

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared that I'm going to spend 9-10 hours of my playtime in Ghost of Tsushima just in photo mode. Expect some photo drops from me in this thread when I start copying them over to my PC or posting them on Twitter.

Lol I'm totally expecting to spend half of whatever my playthrough is on photomode.

The fact that you can also make animated photos might increase that even more!

Looking forward to contributing and seeing what everyone comes up with!

Koralsky

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for my monopoly over the thread at the moment. I spent 1/3 of my playthrough in photo-mode...

2b6GhostofTsushima20200.jpg

---
adaGhostofTsushima20200.jpg

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
For those that have used it, is the photomode more like TLOU Part II or more like God of War/Spider-Man?

If you say there isn't a difference, you are wrong. I can't deal with some of the fuckery in TLOU's photo mode.....forced character orbit, brightness slider rather than exposure, R1 and L1 on a dolly....wtf

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Personally this gen, I thought nothing would top the Spider-Man PS4 photography thread in terms of this kind of thing

I may be wrong.