• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict the score.

Votes: 45 1.3%
  • 95-99

Votes: 54 1.6%
  • 90-94

Votes: 507 14.6%
  • 85-89

Votes: 1,801 51.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 933 26.8%
  • 75-79

Votes: 105 3.0%
  • <74

Votes: 30 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
My guess will be that a lot of reviews will boil down to:

+ great graphics & presentation
+ good story / interesting quests
- 'a bit too many familiar open world mechanics'
- 'game lenght / pacing'

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I've read three reviews linked in this thread.

9.5/10
5/10
Unscored review that lauded the visuals and combat but said the open-world elements are rote.

It said the world didn't do anything new, but that it was very good nonetheless and that the stories told within the world were interesting.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I love Sucker Punch, hoping (and believing) GoT gets a 90+!
That one tweet who described it as a Japanese W3 was... Yeah, definitely has me excited!

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon has like... 5 of these towers? And each one of them is really different compared with the Far Cry or Assassins Creed stuff. I don't see any problem with Horizon open world mechanics despite few poor sidequests (usually the ones that has poor facial animation).

Anyway, I think people are tired of Open World games and for a good reason.

Sorry it it was unclear, but I was referring to towers in GoT (which were mentioned in the early reviews).

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon has like... 5 of these towers? And each one of them is really different compared with the Far Cry or Assassins Creed stuff. I don't see any problem with Horizon open world mechanics despite few poor sidequests (usually the ones that has poor facial animation).

Anyway, I think people are tired of Open World games and for a good reason.

People are not tired of open world .
Anyone that say that has not pay attention to the wider market.

Nagarakta

Jun 5, 2018

I reckon it will lose a point or two for lack of technical polish. Things like snapping animations when he gets hit by the bear, or when enemies get hit with the bow they snap to an unnatural animation that defies the laws of physics.

I dont think the open world will feel "ubisoft" as some put it. It seems like theyre trying to implement many natural events and well designedways to navigate, like animals and wind to finally kill the infernal minimap. One fear I have is for mundane activities like clearing copy paste camps, but we'll see very soon

NinjaTrouiLLe

Nov 27, 2017
People are not tired of open world .
Anyone that say that has not pay attention to the wider market.
while this is true, reviewers are very likely to be fed up with these. probably a good 40% of aaa games they reviewed this generation was open world to some extend... so yeah, if they all play the same with simply different skins, genre fatigue has to kick in somehow.

neojmr

Jun 3, 2018
567087efgy1ggqm7mcvepj20ku084t95.jpg

22/30 from UCG(Chinese press)

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
567087efgy1ggqm7mcvepj20ku084t95.jpg

22/30 from UCG(Chinese press)

Dafuq is this rating system anyway? 30 is the max?

I'm not sure why some people expect open world games to reinvent the wheel each time. Most of them (especially the ones with RPG-lite mechanics) are like comfort food, which can be extremely enjoyable now and then. Not every dinner is a Michelin Star dinner.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
"A WELL-KNOWN OPEN WORLD WITH A DELICIOUS SAMURAI SAUCE

While Ghost of Tushima is beautiful and almost all systems are working fine, there is one thing that starts to get noticed after a while: You don't do much in Ghost of Tsushima that you haven't done in any other open world game before. Whether it's climbing towers, taking out enemy camps or looking for artifacts, for people familiar with games like Assassin's Creed and Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima has few surprises in terms of gameplay.

The question is whether that is bad.Admittedly, Ghost of Tsushima does not differ much from the popular open world formula, but the game fills that formula with such beautiful environments, delicious combat and interesting stories and also topped this whole with such a tasty samurai sauce, which I have for the time being. haven't left Tsushima yet."

Spoiler alert
www.pixelvault.nl

Review: Ghost of Tsushima | Pixel Vault

Ghost of Tsushima zit vol met prachtige velden, bossen en bergen. Maar is de game meer dan een paar mooie graphics, of is het een oppervlakkige ervaring?
This review was remove too of course

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Meltdowns incoming? Anything over 80 is massive success in my eyes, Sucker Punch makes good games...but that's kinda it.

Oct 28, 2019
People are tired of open world games, until Valhalla, Legion, and Farcry 6 come out. Then it will be the right time for open world to make a come back again. It's a shame Tsushima and Days Gone is released just when the open world fatigue hits.
/s

Lmao have you even seen the Ubi threads, it's all people tired of their open world design and fawning over GoT

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
"A WELL-KNOWN OPEN WORLD WITH A DELICIOUS SAMURAI SAUCE

While Ghost of Tushima is beautiful and almost all systems are working fine, there is one thing that starts to get noticed after a while: You don't do much in Ghost of Tsushima that you haven't done in any other open world game before. Whether it's climbing towers, taking out enemy camps or looking for artifacts, for people familiar with games like Assassin's Creed and Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima has few surprises in terms of gameplay.

The question is whether that is bad.Admittedly, Ghost of Tsushima does not differ much from the popular open world formula, but the game fills that formula with such beautiful environments, delicious combat and interesting stories and also topped this whole with such a tasty samurai sauce, which I have for the time being. haven't left Tsushima yet."

Spoiler alert
www.pixelvault.nl

Review: Ghost of Tsushima | Pixel Vault

Ghost of Tsushima zit vol met prachtige velden, bossen en bergen. Maar is de game meer dan een paar mooie graphics, of is het een oppervlakkige ervaring?

Exactly what I'm looking for.

Game's don't need to be highly innovative to be spectacular in my books.

Narrative, immersion, and stories in the form of interesting side quests are what I'm after.