• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
Here we all were thinking TLoU2 was the game to watch and Ghosts just snuck up and slit TLoU2 throat...
t1larg.gamer.ts.jpg

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Tsushima would unfairly always be compared to the amazing Sekiro...any flaws in Tsushima would always be followed by 'Sekiro did it better'...plus Sekiro got amazing reviews and high praise for its combat and feudal Japan setting...Tsushima needed to go away for awhile until Sekiro started to fade from people's memories

Sekiro sold about 4 million... it would be considered a flop to GoT.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
The game seems to be one of the best depictions of Japan in media altogether. Quite exciting, can't wait to see more of it.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what other options there would have been in feudal Japan?!

Besides which don't think being on foot/horseback hurt the like of Witcher 3 and RDR 2.
I'm just saying that it feels like Sucker Punch is leaving some of their design strengths on the table and I'd love to see a little bit more super-agile movement and a little bit more verticality. I'm hoping that the next gameplay demo we see involves a castle and some light platforming, or ambushing people from trees, et cetera.

Jan 21, 2019
I really hope the exploration in this game is more freeform a la BOTW, I just want to traverse Tsushima and take in all of the environments.

I don't believe the art style allows for such gameplay as BotW. It's too realistic to be as freeform as a cel shaded/cartoony artstyle.

Edit: saying something is 1.2 times as pretty is such a weird statement. It's pretty funny. What would it take to get a 1.83?

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
This is from the guy who has already seen and played TLoU2. Here we all were thinking TLoU2 was the game to watch and Ghosts just snuck up and slit TLoU2 throat...

I'm sure it'll look stunning, but I think you're over-analyzing the words of an SIE exec hyping up his company's products on the press junket.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Infamous: Second Son is still so beautiful after 5 years, so I expect really amazing graphics from this game.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'm just saying that it feels like Sucker Punch is leaving some of their design strengths on the table and I'd love to see a little bit more super-agile movement and a little bit more verticality. I'm hoping that the next gameplay demo we see involves a castle and some light platforming, or ambushing people from trees, et cetera.
I'm sure it will. The demo showed distant buildings in the background and the gameplay slice itself showed the stealthy method of killing someone via sneaking in through the roof.

Oct 27, 2017

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
1.2 times more beautiful than Japan sure, but I wonder how that compares to North America.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Why people talks about ps5 or nextgen?

The game is not a better looker or better animated than rdr2 or tlou2 and they are both current gen titles...

Why people thinks about a nextgen title is beyond me onestly.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Prepare for our compulsory 72hr downgrade controversy. Think of it as a celebration.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's working for Sony, GoT is a Sony first party title, hmm...

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
41062476140_1ae29a832d_o.gif

42824697732_dc60d08041_o.gif

anton-gonzalez-14.gif

And this is from a demo that's over one year old...
I think I may hold off for ps5 beefed up update. I imagine they will increase the leaves by 2x lol. It looks amazing now but what if this game looks even more insane on ps5? Yes please.

Honestly I would rather TlOU2 and GoT to release on ps5 but whatever. I get Somy rather release on the 100mil hardware first.

I'm still not sure if I will play Part2 on PS4pro but Ghosts I think I will hold off on it for a better experience on the ps quintuple.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to rend my mawashi in ecstasy when I finally get to see this game withy own eyes.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that's really something. I would think he wouldn't like how the game looks but here we are.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, Ghost does look really good which is why Ive thought its possibly PS5, or at least cross-gen.

Did anybody else cringe at the line "Here we all were thinking TLoU2 was the game to watch and Ghosts just snuck up and slit TLoU2 throat..."???

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Yeah but polygonal models, physics and details scream current gen like crazy...

I mean you can already see some of the cuts necessary to make a graphics like that in the gameplay trailer, for example lack of footprint on the mud like rdr2 or the body of enemies that glue to the ground when they die without ragdoll or anything to cut physics...(maybe they are gonna fix these things but still, it's clearly a game with current gen in mind if you look close)

I'm a huge fan of sucker punch work but the game never strike to me as a next gen title onestly...

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This is from the guy who has already seen and played TLoU2. Here we all were thinking TLoU2 was the game to watch and Ghosts just snuck up and slit TLoU2 throat...
No way, TLoU2 will be the epitaphe of gaming graphic and anination for a while.

Ghost will be beautiful but im guessing Shu said that because of the japanese setting more than the breathtaking graphic of it.

For exemple a lot can be said about the atmosphere of Bloodborne, it doesn't have the best graphic (or frameskip) but the atmosphere is one of the best of games of all time.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
We? Nah, I noticed that at the first trailer, TLOUp2 and it's dark and muted palette doesn't impress much imo, Ghost has always been the most jawdropping Sony exclusive and the game that will eventually get me to buy a PS5. Looks gorgeous in so many ways and technically fantastic as well. 60fps would've been nice but I expect that to happen in the PS5 patched version. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.