• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
No way, TLoU2 will be the epitaphe of gaming graphic and anination for a while.

Ghost will be beautiful but im guessing Shu said that because of the japanese setting more than the breathtaking graphic of it.

For exemple a lot can be said about the atmosphere of Bloodborne, it doesn't have the best graphic (or frameskip) but the atmosphere is one of the best of games of all time.

Did you mean 'epitome'?

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's as hard as Sekiro with no easy mode so only the l33t among us can see all of it

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way, TLoU2 will be the epitaphe of gaming graphic and anination for a while.

Ghost will be beautiful but im guessing Shu said that because of the japanese setting more than the breathtaking graphic of it.

For exemple a lot can be said about the atmosphere of Bloodborne, it doesn't have the best graphic (or frameskip) but the atmosphere is one of the best of games of all time.
Occam's razor, my friend.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

The world is not ready

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

This is from the guy who has already seen and played TLoU2. Here we all were thinking TLoU2 was the game to watch and Ghosts just snuck up and slit TLoU2 throat...
It already did IMHO. I thought GoT was the best looking game (visually) at E3 2018 even if the animations and gameplay looked a little janky. Just the first couple of minutes with the wheat fields were enough for me, looks incredible.

Jun 27, 2019
I think the setting itself allows the art direction to be very aesthetically pleasing, like Horizon Zero Dawn and obviously the new tech will probably help a lot too in presentation matters.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
"Head of SIE Worldwide Studios: I'm blown away by the visuals of our upcoming AAA title".

:"")
Yes, but he could have said this any time in the past about any other game but he didn't as far as I know. It must be particularly special to bring up the visuals of this title in particular.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I legitimately forgot this game existed. It feels strange to not hear anything about it in so long.

It will be interesting to see how much it's hopefully improved since the last showing. Perhaps they felt some serious feature and polish creep after seeing Red Dead come out, and nearly every subsequent open-world game get panned.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but he could have said this any time in the past about any other game but he didn't as far as I know. It must be particularly special to bring up the visuals of this title in particular.

I mean, yeah, the game looks amazing. But yeah, he's selling his stuff. He won't say "it looks bad".

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Tsushima would unfairly always be compared to the amazing Sekiro...any flaws in Tsushima would always be followed by 'Sekiro did it better'...plus Sekiro got amazing reviews and high praise for its combat and feudal Japan setting...Tsushima needed to go away for awhile until Sekiro started to fade from people's memories
Sekiro already faded away from people's memories. The only place I see it mentioned is in freaking GoT threads.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Well, if it looks great on a PS4 then I bet it'll look phenomenal on a PS5 so I'll wait till next gen to play this title fo' sho'.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm as hyped for GoT as anyone, but the people posting E3 Demo gifs are setting themselves up to be disproven later. It's just like when everyone tried to say Anthem was going to be so amazing based off demo footage they admitted wasn't actualy playable. Then we have the people comparing to games like TLOU and stuff and we don't even know the scale of how GoT will play beyond what we've seen already and it's all just nonsense.

I know I'll like GoT more than TLOU because I prefer its style and playable Samurai Movie aesthetic, but I don't have to compare the two. Because I know why people like TLOU and there's nothing "wrong" with people liking what they like.

That being said I'm still very curious to see what the final product looks like given these comments.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
This is from the guy who has already seen and played TLoU2. Here we all were thinking TLoU2 was the game to watch and Ghosts just snuck up and slit TLoU2 throat...

Jesus, over-dramatic much? I trust my eyes more than what some guy says. I'm sure it will be pretty when it moves to PS5, but slit TLOU2's throat? Calm down turbo.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah but polygonal models, physics and details scream current gen like crazy...

I mean you can already see some of the cuts necessary to make a graphics like that in the gameplay trailer, for example lack of footprint on the mud like rdr2 or the body of enemies that glue to the ground when they die without ragdoll or anything to cut physics...(maybe they are gonna fix these things but still, it's clearly a game with current gen in mind if you look close)

I'm a huge fan of sucker punch work but the game never strike to me as a next gen title onestly...

agreed. It does look like a late-current gen title. The artdesign of things impresses me the most. The amount of grass/vegetation we're seeing looks like a very well done application of GPU instancing.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Recently I was playing sekiro thought man the setting for that is beautiful especially the later parts of the Monk areas, so I cannot wait for this one too .love Japanese settings...outside Yakuza series <.<

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
He actually said nothing to Cory after having tried God of War. Like nothing at all. But sometimes the silence is more eloquent than mere words.

Well, iirc, after he left the studio (or perhaps just the play-testing area) he made some rather unfavourable comments pertaining to the playability of the game, i.e. performance, according to the Raising Kratos documentary that made Mr. Barlog rather anxious.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
While I have no doubt that the game looks phenomenal I always laugh at these kinds of statements. They always feel so hyperbolic to me.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Well, iirc, after he left the studio (or perhaps just the play-testing area) he made some rather unfavourable comments pertaining to the playability of the game, i.e. performance, according to the Raising Kratos documentary that made Mr. Barlog rather anxious.
Ok, I forgot that. I just remembered he said nothing while playing the game.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Tsushima would unfairly always be compared to the amazing Sekiro...any flaws in Tsushima would always be followed by 'Sekiro did it better'...plus Sekiro got amazing reviews and high praise for its combat and feudal Japan setting...Tsushima needed to go away for awhile until Sekiro started to fade from people's memories
Like Sekiro was compared to the amazing Nioh (a game with better combat than both, most likely) before it? They have vaguely similar settings and that's all. Tsushima is just in development, you have to be massively deluded to think Sony would intentionally delay a game because of a From game with a similar time period setting was released.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BotW 2's graphics overwhelmed Shinya Takahashi.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Ghosts never snuck up, just the scenery and setting already put it above TloU2. Now the TLoU2 will most likely have better animations due to naughty dog. But i think Ghosts is going to destroy when it comes to being an open world graphics juggernaut. That side quest (apparently just a side quest) where they were fighting with the sun and those leaves......dear lord

Sep 14, 2019
I hope this doesn't become the next RDR2. I would love a beautiful samurai open world game, with great gameplay to accompany it.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If this overwhelms him. I'd like to know what he think of TLOU 2 then...

I don't expect a lot of overwhelming beauty in TLoU2, so the contrast of the setting of GoT may well make for a welcome change. There's only so much gritty realism I can take, too.

I hope this doesn't become the next RDR2. I would love a beautiful samurai open world game, with great gameplay to accompany it.

Whereas I'd be more than fine with exactly an RDR2 calibre game set in a world I find ten times as appealing as the Old West. Honestly, you couldn't name a genre I'd have less interest in and yet I thoroughly enjoyed my time with RDR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.