• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anybody else is having issues with the "Skin Override" toggle on the inventory screen? It just doesn't work for me, it's greyed out (I'm on PC btw).

Anytime I get a new piece of loot I have to go in the other menu to set a skin on it to match the rest of my outfit (hey... That stuff is important! lol)... I thought that was kind of the reason for the Skin Override toggle in the first place?

Good example of counter-intuitive and user-unfriendly menu design. During the beta this had me super confused.

You have to flip it "on", then move two menus to the right where you can customize your appearance via diffent and equally weirdly structured submenus.

In short there's a gear menu that defines your stats, and an appearance menu that defines how you look. Both work independently from each other.

In Wildlands you had the gear menu and a button to customize appearance. 100 times more simple and straightforward.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Good example of counter-intuitive and user-unfriendly menu design. During the beta this had me super confused.

You have to flip it "on", then move two menus to the right where you can customize your appearance via diffent and equally weirdly structured submenus.

In short there's a gear menu that defines your stats, and an appearance menu that defines how you look. Both work independently from each other.

In Wildlands you had the gear menu and a button to customize appearance. 100 times more simple and straightforward.
Right so I go to the appearance menu to set how I want to look like and that's working fine but the override toggle is always greyed out... I mean, in the end I get what I want since I set every piece of gear with the right skin manually...

I dunno... I just thought that the skin override thing was something like you set a skin for each slot and then no matter what piece of actual gear you put in there, it automatically get that skin?

That's how I would have designed that system anyway...

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I would love an option to disable the zoomed in battle camera. It's too close and I hate how it rotates your character to face wherever you look. It can be so disorientating.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So what's the best attack helicopter to get in terms of armor and agility?

Thinking the Cobra, but it's pretty fragile. Does the massive Commanche-type helicopter have more armor?

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they broke the suspend resume now. Was the best feature in wildlands

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
37 hours, level 30 and GS 194 when completed all main story missions and branches. Didn't particularly do any gear farming, cleared bases and camps when moving between objectives and felt like it. Not feeling doing any side missions as they seem to only reward cash and XP?

For most part enjoyed my time with the game (had that one mission that was pure bullshit), will pop back for raid if ERA group for it and may do bases here and there. Gameplay has some annoyances (e.g. every tiniest slope makes you slide, but same time you can climb almost vertical hills by walking...), but gunplay is good and snappy.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
37 hours, level 30 and GS 194 when completed all main story missions and branches. Didn't particularly do any gear farming, cleared bases and camps when moving between objectives and felt like it. Not feeling doing any side missions as they seem to only reward cash and XP?

For most part enjoyed my time with the game (had that one mission that was pure bullshit), will pop back for raid if ERA group for it and may do bases here and there. Gameplay has some annoyances (e.g. every tiniest slope makes you slide, but same time you can climb almost vertical hills by walking...), but gunplay is good and snappy.

just stealth your way passed the behemoths hehe

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
I don't mean those droid assault zones, they seem to be even more pointless than actual side missions.

behemoth defense zones score you skill points. i do it judt to thumb my nose at them hehe

i level capped and class capped even before i started my search for jace skell. i still haven't finished the story missions just cos i am trying to pace myself hehe

I've also been trying to see what happens when you stand on the drone deployment cannon things when they deploy. been unsuccessful so far.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic

Some side missions reward you with weapon blueprint or new consumable item.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked assault as my class and then also got the sharpshooter class. Anyway to switch between the two? I see how in multiplayer but single?

how do you mark in ghost war?

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the multiplayer but I would do better on pc. Accidentally just bought it on pc damn it. Guess I'm double dipping.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I am not that far into the game, am enjoying it a lot but have a issue with holding my breath while aiming. According the menu, at least on Xbox One X you have to hit the left trigger, but that is also the button you need to press in to look down the scope..so how are you suppose to hit the Left trigger to hold your breath but also being aiming with the same button down the scope? I am primarily going Sniper and this is really irking me.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I am not that far into the game, am enjoying it a lot but have a issue with holding my breath while aiming. According the menu, at least on Xbox One X you have to hit the left trigger, but that is also the button you need to press in to look down the scope..so how are you suppose to hit the Left trigger to hold your breath but also being aiming with the same button down the scope? I am primarily going Sniper and this is really irking me.
Hold it very softly, or just remap the button.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Hold it very softly, or just remap the button.

That is what the menu says to do, but when you are already zoomed in you can release it because it zooms you out. I think what you are suggesting is that hold it lightly and it would then trigger it..so it would trigger the hold breath as well as the zoom/looking down the sight. Remapping on console wont work because they allocate the same button to do both, it wont let you (as far as I can tell) to separate the Hold Breath and Zoom/Look down sight. I will look tonight to be sure though. I have a Elite Controller and would love to be holding the Left Trigger in to look down the sight and then a paddle button to hold breath...but pretty sure this is not possible.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I had a hard time figuring out how to do it since, on PC, you have to hold the button down for about 2 seconds before it kicks in. I kept pressing it without anything happening immediately and thought that I might be pressing the wrong button.

For PC, you need to hold space to hold breath while aiming.

There's also the passive skill that gives you more time for breathing while aiming

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
For PC, you need to hold space to hold breath while aiming.

There's also the passive skill that gives you more time for breathing while aiming
At least on my computer, I have to hold space for ~2-3 seconds before I hear the holding breath sound and my aim steadies, thus, when I was first trying to do it, I would press it for about 1 second without anything happening and wonder if I was pressing the right button or not. Does anyone else have this same delay?

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
shame i can't seem to figure out how to just jump off a cliff edge to activate the parachute.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I think this might be the first one of these live service shooters where I actually enjoy talking to the characters. I just wish the dialogue would stop cutting out...

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going from Gear Score 200 to 250 is pure, classic, old school grinding. Items tend to drop at your current or one point below your current GS. One point above is the maximum and pretty rare.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Basejumping seems horribly inconsistent in the game. So that's something that gotta be remedied

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Has anyone else had trouble with the "Kill 20 enemies while undetected" class challenge?

I'm either misinterpreting it, or it's bugged. I must have killed 40 odd enemies yesterday without a visual detection (they did witness kills or hear shots though).

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Has anyone else had trouble with the "Kill 20 enemies while undetected" class challenge?

I'm either misinterpreting it, or it's bugged. I must have killed 40 odd enemies yesterday without a visual detection (they did witness kills or hear shots though).
I'm a sniper and it worked for me. I'm on ps4.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
So close :D
Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Breakpoint2019-10-14-23-7-1.jpg

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017

Been working fine for Med on Xbox

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019

You should be ok if the ring on the map/compass is clear or yellow. yellow means they know you're there but they haven't confirmed anything. being in yellow is good cos it lights up those who you missed while droning :D

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
You should be ok if the ring on the map/compass is clear or yellow. yellow means they know you're there but they haven't confirmed anything. being in yellow is good cos it lights up those who you missed while droning :D

I'll try again. I sniped most of a large base before moving in to clear the stragglers, then moved on to small groups in the woods. I must have had a detection at more than one stage because I counted at least thirty or forty enemies by the time I gave up (I got detected by a Wolf overheard drone while sliding and couldn't stop in time to go prone-camo).

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They patched the wildlands one a bunch over time if I recall? Hopefully they take feedback and make some changes then.

anything specific it's missing?
Classes. It was like rainbow six siege outdoors.

You wouldnt know who the other team picked until they were spotted. Then youd have to adjust your game plan depending on who was on the field.

I thought it was easier to move hidden across the map, as well.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Classes. It was like rainbow six siege outdoors.

You wouldnt know who the other team picked until they were spotted. Then youd have to adjust your game plan depending on who was on the field.

I thought it was easier to move hidden across the map, as well.
Interesting, yeah hope they do that, cant you pick classes on this mode, but there didnt seem to be any differences.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting, yeah hope they do that, cant you pick classes on this mode, but there didnt seem to be any differences.
There were many gun and equipment locked in classes in wildlands. And once someone selected one on your team, no one else could play it.

The classes came in different categories like assault, support, and sniper. There were many stealth specific classes. It turned into a really good game.

The classes now are just slight modifications to what is basically a regular default class anyway.

In wildlands the classes had no relation to single player at all.

And like siege, certain classes countered others. A class that uses drones to call artillery strikes wouldnt work against a character that carries a drone jamming backpack. It was pretty cool.

Last edited: