• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
So i am only a couple of hours in, but the initial impression they give you is definitely a 4/10

- Absolutely terrible cutscenes and direction. The intro was laughably bad
- UI is an absolute mess
- Where is the music ? Everything feels so quiet (even in what are meant to be action cutscenes). I can understand once your alone in the world, but during action seens it just seems so lifeless
- Loot system is just completely unnecessary

I am hoping it picks up once i have better gear and let loose into the larger world, but man those initial first hours are rough.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had waited for these patches before starting the game. I'm enjoying it a lot more with a few fixes. It's nice not being afraid to use equipment because my character might lose the ability to shoot.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the Skell assembly hall near Flock Lake runs like absolute shit on base PS4. Only area I've come across like this so far.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
since the patch came out I've been getting random freezes where it looks like the game just locked up. hmmm...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Do the little tank drones have weak spots or is there an emp grenade I haven't unlocked yet? (I'm around 75 or 80 gearscore). This elite faction mission at the drone test area is kicking my face in LOL.

Alternatively is anyone looking for east coast co-op partners on PC?

edit: oh I have mk1 emp grenades. We'll see what 6 seconds buys me.

Last edited:

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Do the little tank drones have weak spots or is there an emp grenade I haven't unlocked yet? (I'm around 75 or 80 gearscore). This elite faction mission at the drone test area is kicking my face in LOL.

Alternatively is anyone looking for east coast co-op partners on PC?

edit: oh I have mk1 emp grenades. We'll see what 6 seconds buys me.
You can blow off their armoured plating with explosives (particularly rocket launchers) to hit the glowing soft spots underneath, and all drones as far as I've seen have a camera eye weak spot that will stun them for about 3 seconds (except for turrets that don't get stunned but do take extra damage).

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
You can blow off their armoured plating with explosives (particularly rocket launchers) to hit the glowing soft spots underneath, and all drones as far as I've seen have a camera eye weak spot that will stun them for about 3 seconds (except for turrets that don't get stunned but do take extra damage).

Yeah, I got all the drones to follow me to a corner they couldn't get in and figured out the eye is super weak and does a ton of damage, especially with the anti drone sniper rifle perk.

So first time I wiped out 4 tank drones and then couldn't figure out why the faction mission didn't complete since I thought I also wiped out all the soldiers. Then somehow I wound up falling off the platform to my death (I still can't figure out where you can use the parachute LOL).

Next time I realized there was a generator to turn off and that seemed to get rid of all the tank drones. I wiped out all the soldiers and that completed the mission <shrug>

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Next time I realized there was a generator to turn off and that seemed to get rid of all the tank drones. I wiped out all the soldiers and that completed the mission <shrug>

...wait, if you turn off the generator it disables all the drones?

Seriously? Is this something that always happens or just for that mission?

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
...wait, if you turn off the generator it disables all the drones?

Seriously? Is this something that always happens or just for that mission?

I didn't think / know that worked. Definitely works for automated turrets and mortars.

Started my final class in Assault today, and I haven't had an AR drop in aaages so I've been using a Shotgun for all the kills. Pretty refreshing coming off of Sharpshooter

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well after weeks of trying I was finally able to actually subscribe to Uplay+ today. I am not a huge shooter fan but I do enjoy Ghost Recon and I am eager to jump in after my download completes.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
so there's a big chunk of island on the eastern side of main island that's shrouded by clouds. is that a visitable area in PVE?

I'm trying to look for golem island but nothing is showing up in the visible portion of the map so i am guessing that the shrouded area is visitable at some point.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
so there's a big chunk of island on the eastern side of main island that's shrouded by clouds. is that a visitable area in PVE?

I'm trying to look for golem island but nothing is showing up in the visible portion of the map so i am guessing that the shrouded area is visitable at some point.
Golem is in the upper right corner of the map. The big Island on the right is for the second DLC - Transcendence.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I am playing the Medic class and I dont know how to revive my co op partner from a distance with my healing drone...it works on me if I do L1 R1(PS4) when I am dead but I think I can do it on my friend as well when he is dead...? it callls a drone that I can hover over him but nothing else happens...does he have to do something when I do that,like hit square or something...?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, anybody else is getting the "Tutorial Mission complete" pop-ups every single time you load into the game?

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
Also, I found a side mission called "mind over matter" and for some reason when i try to interrogate a sentinal soldier it doesn't play out the dialogue and the mission doesn't get added to my mission list.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
I am playing the Medic class and I dont know how to revive my co op partner from a distance with my healing drone...it works on me if I do L1 R1(PS4) when I am dead but I think I can do it on my friend as well when he is dead...? it callls a drone that I can hover over him but nothing else happens...does he have to do something when I do that,like hit square or something...?

Think you have to click thr right stick in when youre abive him

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out how many battle points per day you have to average to unlock the entire battle pass?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
How do you use drones for sync shots (ps4). I watched the tutorial by still cant grasp it.

You have to unlock the ability in the skill tree first.
Then collect or craft sync shot drones - they are a consumable
Set them in your quick select wheel and set as the active item
Mark an enemy with LB, up to 3 at once
Hold LB to activate

since you can only hold a limited amount, you cant use the tactic as freely as in Wildlands

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Hold LB to activate

since you can only hold a limited amount, you cant use the tactic as freely as in Wildlands

Thanks, I had not got the skill yet. The game doesnt do a very good job of explaining things. I got the tutorial popup but no mention of purchasing a skill.

So many weird ui ideas .

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
i still don't like not being able to sell resources in bulk to the store nor do i like the design choice of tying gear to the loadout.

I hate having to go through all my classes just to change 1 headwear or some other piece of gear.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yesterday I realized that I haven't fired game up for a week after completing the story content and I have no reason to go back to it. Gameplay loop in itself if fine, but not that fine that one would just play the game for side content that gives just XP that is worthless in end game.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
they're adding 3 more classes in the first year...

Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Breakpoint2019-10-18-23-30-21.jpg

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Hold LB to activate

Yup and you can always buy them at Maria or in the Boutique Bivouac.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I realized today that you can trigger sync shot drones by shooting another target. Duh.

is there an easy way to get standard gun parts? I only get blue and better weapons now but still need standard parts for upgrades.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
LMAO if you're using an Insider version of Windows you can't even play the game online. Played an hour solo and thought it was absolutely terrible. Just boring with awful transitions between cutscenes and gameplay.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I am about 4 hours in and I am really enjoying the gameplay loop so far and the game looks and runs great on my 2060 @1440p. I am going with the Panther class for now, sneaking in and out without anyone knowing you were there is super satisfying...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean this game is really janky and has tons of stupid design decisions (the most obvious for me being I pretty much never bivouac, even when I want a vehicle or want to craft because of how long all the animations are) but I just kind of really enjoy sneaking around and then cleaning up my mess when I inevitably screw it up.

I've been spending most of my time doing faction missions and really need to spend some time on the story missions.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I realized today that you can trigger sync shot drones by shooting another target. Duh.

is there an easy way to get standard gun parts? I only get blue and better weapons now but still need standard parts for upgrades.

The higher level drones drop them (sometimes). There are videos on spots to farm.

There's also a materials pack in Ubisoft Club rewards that has a bunch in it. I think it costs 20 points.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Yeah I mean this game is really janky and has tons of stupid design decisions (the most obvious for me being I pretty much never bivouac, even when I want a vehicle or want to craft because of how long all the animations are) but I just kind of really enjoy sneaking around and then cleaning up my mess when I inevitably screw it up.

I've been spending most of my time doing faction missions and really need to spend some time on the story missions.
FYI you can skip the bivouac cutscene (on PC, that's holding down ESC).