• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
That's my question as well with Black Friday almost upon us.

Picked this up today for $30, played for 2 hours or so. I'd say yes at that price point, but damn I'd be mad if I spent $60 6 weeks ago. It looks really gorgeous, the shooting is pretty solid and I like the intel/investigation concept. Tons of content. Too bad the gear score/power feels so out of place and the ground vehicles handle like dogshit.

Stealth/CQC also doesn't really seem like a valid play style, which is disappointing. Half the time I'm trying to sneak up on a guy, he suddenly pivots and faces me so I end up just shooting him. The environments are also very open and without a reliable noise/lure mechanic it's very hard to kill more than 1 or 2 guys without the bodies being found. Probably easier Wildlands style with coop buddies.

Last edited:

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Stealth/CQC also doesn't really seem like a valid play style, which is disappointing. Half the time I'm trying to sneak up on a guy, he suddenly pivots and faces me so I end up just shooting him. The environments are also very open and without a reliable noise/lure mechanic it's very hard to kill more than 1 or 2 guys without the bodies being found. Probably easier Wildlands style with coop buddies.
Oh stealth is very viable but requires a lot more creativity and planning than Wildlands which is why I find it way better in this game. When you sneak up on people, you have to deal with them quickly before they turn around (or you prone sneak up to them for complete silence and lower takedown profile... but I find that's too slow and generally unnecessary). Then you have to make sure that the bodies aren't found by patrols of which there are more of in this game, so there's a bigger emphasis on order-of-operations and timing your takedowns plus moving bodies. Silenced weapons are more realistic such that more powerful weapons actually make a significant amount of noise, so silenced pistols are best for keeping things quiet. I believe that bullets that penetrate through bodies also make sounds where they land, thus another reason to use pistols for their low penetration and softer noise on surfaces if you miss. The more open areas are a lot of fun for stealth since you have to, as you alluded to, lure people away to isolated locations, which is why you have lures (I think that you have those from the start, but it's been awhile, so I'm not sure. You get them pretty early in any case) or you just hit a spot with a bullet to have them investigate. Taking out multiple enemies simultaneously is also more interesting without infinite sync shots: use your limited sync shot drones or throw a flashbang to blind them and then quickly headshot them all. You also have to pick-and-choose your targets: heavy gunner corpses can't be moved, and drones can both see from very far away and tend to explode on death, thus these considerations will affect the order and timing that you take enemies down.

I played through the entire game in a mostly stealthy fashion, and it was quite satisfying with far more to consider than Wildlands. Here's one video with commentary on how I approach stealth in this game:

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
On PS4, I feel like the patch has fixed nothing it was meant to and introduced input lag to everything.

WTF?

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

- 4 weapons from Project Titan Raid:
_News__Project_Titan_-_weapons.jpg

- 4 Armor Sets from Project Titan:
News__Project_Titan_-_class_sets.png

- Don't have friends to play? No worries, random matchmaking is available

- Two modes will come to Project Titan raid in early 2020: An easier mode for newbies and a challenging mode for hardcore players

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Honestly, is there any chance of disconnects being fixed? I'm actually really enjoying the game but it seems pretty constant and I might have to sell it.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What console are you on...? I have 130 hours clocked in this game on the PS4 Pro and had about 5 disconnects,max.

I'm on a PS4 Pro. I'm about 40 hours clocked but on some days I can get booted a good 4-5 times. It is frustrating when taking down a large base and it happens as you have to start all over again.

I only play an hour or so every evening.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I'm thinking of taking the plunge. I did most of Wildands solo and will likely do the same here as well. It's currently on sale for $28 at Best Buy and I have a $10 gift card from my purchase of Jedi the Fallen Order.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So, switching to Wi Fi has stopped my connection problems completely to the game. Weird as all of my other games work fine via my TP Link adaptors.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to sign in and do the one or two faction missions that would have gotten me the sports car 😭

streepmeryl

Mar 4, 2018
bump

Bought this game in the past couple of days, and... FUCK YOU UBI SOFT, this game has no business being THIS FUCKING GOOD you sons of bitches
Jesus!...
the fucking architecture and customizability in a humongous open and realtime world with true obect rendering is crazy.
may go on more about this game later as im still like at 5% story completion with more than 10 hours played (sneaking and side battles), but wow. 2nd place GOTY for me.

ps. this story, world, meta, lore in this game > wildlands (even though I haven't played it and it seemed like a good open world game. I passed as it seemed a little too rough)

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
bump

Bought this game in the past couple of days, and... FUCK YOU UBI SOFT, this game has no business being THIS FUCKING GOOD you sons of bitches
Jesus!...
the fucking architecture and customizability in a humongous open and realtime world with true obect rendering is crazy.
may go on more about this game later as im still like at 5% story completion with more than 10 hours played (sneaking and side battles), but wow. 2nd place GOTY for me.

ps. this story, world, meta, lore in this game > wildlands (even though I haven't played it and it seemed like a good open world game. I passed as it seemed a little too rough)

So you like it ha ha? I'm really enjoying it, so glad I fixed my connection issues as I nearly gave up on it.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
This is still crazy cheap on xbox, would one think it's worth the investment to grab this now with whatever rework they plan on doing coming soon?

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This is still crazy cheap on xbox, would one think it's worth the investment to grab this now with whatever rework they plan on doing coming soon?

I didn't like Wildlands much but I've really enjoyed Breakpoint, so I say yes.

The game is improving all the time and it has a lot of options if you want to make it easier or harder i.e removing HUD, enemy markers etc. The guns feel satisfying and you can't just rush in and take down a base that has higher level enemies, though it is still possible. The game is pretty good looking as well and even though the story isn't anything worthy of an Oscar it's still good enough to get stuck in and enjoy.

It got a lot of flack upon release because Ubisoft tried to mix in The Division RPG style elements to the Ghost Recon gameplay, as well being the pinnacle of Ubisofts filler problems and some launch technical issues/bugs (what games don't these days), but overall it is really enjoyable with the changes they have made since release.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like Wildlands much but I've really enjoyed Breakpoint, so I say yes.

The game is improving all the time and it has a lot of options if you want to make it easier or harder i.e removing HUD, enemy markers etc. The guns feel satisfying and you can't just rush in and take down a base that has higher level enemies, though it is still possible. The game is pretty good looking as well and even though the story isn't anything worthy of an Oscar it's still good enough to get stuck in and enjoy.

It got a lot of flack upon release because Ubisoft tried to mix in The Division RPG style elements to the Ghost Recon gameplay, as well being the pinnacle of Ubisofts filler problems and some launch technical issues/bugs (what games don't these days), but overall it is really enjoyable with the changes they have made since release.

Thanks for the rundown.

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have an ETA when they're adding the mode that removes loot? I enjoyed wildlands and all the previews made this look better, then I found out there was intrusive loot and that's not why I play these tactical shooters. Once they remove it, I'll buy in.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
To be honest the loot isn't intrusive and helps incentivise exploration. You can upgrade a gun you like via blueprints to get an upgraded version or you may find a better at various locations, enemy bases etc.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm not touching this again until loot is removed. Making Ghost Recon an RPG/looter shooter is one of the most boneheaded decisions of the generation.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Is now a good time to dive back into the game from the beginning or wait until they do the "revamp" that they spoke to a few months back?

EDIT: D'oh missed the message above. so wait until February I guess? I dont see details about this immersive experience

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I actually really enjoyed the Terminator event. Having multiple terminators chase after you during missions added a new element of danger, particularly as enemy soldier reinforcements would join the fight against both you and the terminators. The final mission had a lot of nice atmosphere as well. For anyone who didn't join in, I recorded the entire last mission.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the ultimate edition for 15$, how is the state of the game right now? I saw that the latest update was delayed twice?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Year 1 Season Pass part reads like they have actual contempt in making that content haha "This is what we are obligated to do".

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Gunsmith:
- Gunsmith Updates:
  • Most assault rifles will now be able to equip short barrel options (some ASR models have been omitted as their real-life counterparts do not have short barrel options).
  • TA31H added to 27 weapons with emphasis on Assault Rifles.
We are beginning work on the Gunsmith and will have more updates to come. In upcoming TUs we'll add trigger customization and more to the feature, so please continue giving us feedback!

Raid 2 is cancelled to focus more on Ghost Experience:

RAID 2 CANCELLATION

Our team was humbled and grateful to receive your feedback on Project Titan, which was something entirely new for us and for Ghost Recon as a franchise. In our original Year 1 plan, we wanted to follow up Project Titan with another raid. However, we want to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best places to create better experiences for our players.

With this in mind, we have made the decision to replace the second raid with a future update to the Ghost Experience. Based on all the player feedback we've received online and in play testing, our team is confident that deepening the Ghost Experience is the right direction for the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I got the gold edition for like 20$ and the game is way better than I expected.

Coming from Wildlands which I loved so much and platinum'd this sounded horrendous but honestly I'm enjoying it.

The gear score is stupid but I actually don't mind it on weapons,
In Wildlands it was basically the M4, later the M16 and the HTC-1 sniper and I never touched another weapons.
In Breakpoint I try other weapons every time I pick something up.

They listened to Wildlands fans about a lot of cosmetics items
(They still need way more gear camos)
A few odd omissions though like they added wetsuits everyone asked for but no scuba vests or oxygen tank pack.
I'm happy they put the Navy Seal/SAS style headset in

The general setting is a much more interesting location(Pacific tropical) than Wildlands but breakpoint doesn't flesh it out nearly as well.

I personally asked for a more militarized enemy than Wildlands cartel.
And they have decent military compounds/architecture for more interesting stealth infiltrations(that water cave facility for example)
Drones really suck though

Story isn't that great so far but I really like the idea and framework of it compared to the story about the cartel with the Ghosts mainly sitting outside of it.
I really like the flashbacks and having Nomad be part of it.
On the other hand Female Nomad had a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better voice in Wildlands.
Also why are her faces worse than Wildlands

Photo mode is fun as always
ESezHrKWsAAnZAt

ESeyyykWsAEP74I

ESeyzP2XYAgiEKt

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Launch trailer for Deep State:
www.youtube.com

Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Deep State Trailer

Deep State is coming to Ghost Recon Breakpoint on 24th March. Find out more about the new adventure and fight alongside Sam Fisher.Enjoy a new immersive way ...

- 4 new PvP maps
- 4th Echelon set, Echelon Maxim 9 and SC40k
- 2 new classes: Engineer and Echelon
- You can play the first mission for free

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, just got the game last week on pc in anticipation of the patch, and it runs absolutely horrible even on very high 1080p, my cpu is an 7700k at 4.8ghz and my gpu a 2080ti, so it doesent make any sense, allready tried everything (driver reinstall, ect) short of an Os reinstall, because all of my other games run great at 4k, so, any one else with similar specs to mine care to chime in?

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Do I get the Year 1 Pass DLC if I have uPlay+? I was thinking of subscribing to it since I want FarCry 5 and Anno 1800 as well.

Thanks!

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
This is a great update. Playing the immersive mode with extreme elite settings is so much more fun in co-op as it forces you to think more. All the distracting loot mechanics are gone.

The new missions are also really good.

It makes you think what the initial response to Breakpoint had been if the game had been released like this (immersive mode only).