• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so hard to accept that people played the game and didn't like what was presented to them?
in 6 months time the game might very well have LTTP's because it'll be cheaper and ubisoft will have improved it.
Critically it's getting ripped up for things that the predecessor did as well and there's still this bizarre narrative that it's somehow the Division 2 but with Wildlands. They added mechanics that don't really come in to play that much and feel unnecessary, but it didn't suddenly become a looter shooter RPG with bullet sponge enemies so people still parroting that are just wrong.

It's pretty clear from the multiple times you've posted in threads related to it that you don't like it or don't want to like it, and that's totally fine. I think there's a bunch of annoyances with it myself, but it isn't vastly different than what came before, so suddenly treating like it's a barely functional product or something is just bizarre to some of the people that have been playing it and are finding it to be more of the same as Wildlands: slightly better in some ways and slightly more cumbersome and obnoxious in others.

The reviews have been extremely critical in ways that don't really make sense to some people playing and that's really all there is to it. It's all opinion anyway so having this kind of debate is irrelevant. You're either going to like it or you're not, there's a lots to critique it for but 1/5, 4/10, etc. seems off base and continues to prove why numerical rating systems are completely useless.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Since I couldn't cancel my preorder I've been playing this. About 20 hours in. It sucks so much. The longer I play the more annoying shit I find.

Oct 25, 2017
Since I couldn't cancel my preorder I've been playing this. About 20 hours in. It sucks so much. The longer I play the more annoying shit I find.

Just stop playing it? I get it, you paid for it, but continuing to frustrate yourself since you had to pay for it is called sunken cost fallacy; in addition to wasting your money, you're now also wasting your time.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems permanent at this point. Maybe something will happen with updates that cause them to refill down the road.

I jumped into a friends game today and *seemed* to be able to open chests I had opened before in his game? Not sure if that's intended, or if I'm actually crazy and just missed those chests -- but that's at least an option.

I'm more concerned about running out of low-level item materials for gun upgrades. I don't know if I have enough to upgrade everything, and farming convoys seems boring.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Well the game is amazing. I just had a great time with a rando I met from south Africa. I'm in canada and we hit it off and took out hordes of baddies. Were now friends on psn.
Memnoch1010 btw on psn if anyone wants to team up.
Gameplay is great, voice acting is terrible, but overall a blast. Highly recommended.

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I've been wanting to play this all weekend but obligations and such. I was expecting to hate it but have had a blast for the 4 or so hours I played on Friday. Playing with no HUD on hard was so fun also.

If anyone on PC wants to play co-op at some point add me. UPlay: ClutchAnderson

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I jumped into a friends game today and *seemed* to be able to open chests I had opened before in his game? Not sure if that's intended, or if I'm actually crazy and just missed those chests -- but that's at least an option.

I'm more concerned about running out of low-level item materials for gun upgrades. I don't know if I have enough to upgrade everything, and farming convoys seems boring.
Can always buy cheapest options from the store and salvage them. Skell credits are easy to gain.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Now about 40 hours into the game, still having a blast. I have barely touched the story missions and side missions yet.

5AYwajA.png

4uBSCzL.png

L3idnsD.png

Last edited:

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Some factions missions are broken...? we are trying to do a quest that involves stealing the BTP supply truck but once we spotted it and all,it does not tell or show us where to bring it at all,so we left it behind and you get the warning that you are getting too far away from the truck and the mission fails.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some factions missions are broken...? we are trying to do a quest that involves stealing the BTP supply truck but once we spotted it and all,it does not tell or show us where to bring it at all,so we left it behind and you get the warning that you are getting too far away from the truck and the mission fails.
Exit the vehicle, unpin the mission and repin it. Should see a new green circle on map for drop off.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

There should be a green dot on your screen, or at least on the map screen. The dot on the map should should match the mission name.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Yep I am on the X... about 3 hours into it and outside of graphical bugs the game itself is running just fine. I picked Fidelity I believe .. not resolution as my mode.

Thanks. Please keep me/us updated if you run into anything performance wise. Any reason you are not using resolution mode?

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems permanent at this point. Maybe something will happen with updates that cause them to refill down the road.

This is really the one thing that might be shitty. I have only done the first mission to reconnect with your squad, I've spent maybe 10 hours exploring and finding bases and camps to loot. It would be great is like division they repopulated the chests every day or couple of days. Otherwise they arent worth doing until a much higher level so I dont miss out on the loot.

But on the flip side enemies do still drop gear pretty frequently, you get blue prints to make your own stuff, and skell credits are easy to come by. So I do hope everything evens out.

And to the point about it pushing you to microtransactions, I mean I've not felt that at all so far. Money and gear is plentiful and the uplay points you earn through all their games can be spent on more free stuff. So the negativity around that is a big shrug for me. Now if they had left those boosters in from the start, that would have been frustrating in the temptation, but they took those out rapidly and does not interfere with my experience in any way.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope the raid introduces a final type of gear / weapon, like a red or light green ala Division for gear sets. There are probably some really cool synergies they could do here depending on how deep they want to go with some of the light rpg mechanics.

Oct 27, 2017
Played about an hour and a half and the game is way better than I was expecting. Not really a GR player but since there's no Assassins Creed this year I jumped. I could do without the main area hub but I'm digging it. The reviews for this game are ridiculous.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
I literally stood on top of the drone deployment thingies for a good hour and nothing happened!

Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Breakpoint2019-10-6-14-15-51.jpg

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is really the one thing that might be shitty. I have only done the first mission to reconnect with your squad, I've spent maybe 10 hours exploring and finding bases and camps to loot. It would be great is like division they repopulated the chests every day or couple of days. Otherwise they arent worth doing until a much higher level so I dont miss out on the loot.

But on the flip side enemies do still drop gear pretty frequently, you get blue prints to make your own stuff, and skell credits are easy to come by. So I do hope everything evens out.

And to the point about it pushing you to microtransactions, I mean I've not felt that at all so far. Money and gear is plentiful and the uplay points you earn through all their games can be spent on more free stuff. So the negativity around that is a big shrug for me. Now if they had left those boosters in from the start, that would have been frustrating in the temptation, but they took those out rapidly and does not interfere with my experience in any way.
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about exhausting those chests. Biggest thing is to grab those blueprints from various bases and behemoth areas to roll weapons you end up liking towards the end.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Man, there are some really weird design decisions here.
In Wildlands, convoys had to be take out with care. If you destroyed the supply truck, you'd only get half of the rewards. This forced you to be creative in your approach (e.g. snipe the driver, EMP the convoy, etc).
In Breakpoint, the supply truck is invulnerable, so you can just shoot a missile at it from a heli and grab your rewards. Pretty lame.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
While I think this game has a ton wrong with it from an overall game design perspective, one of the worst things about it is that it's just too easy.

I'm having to put restrictions on myself to make it harder even on extreme mode:

-only use silencers on pistols
-only one primary weapon

Anyone have any other ones?

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
While I think this game has a ton wrong with it from an overall game design perspective, one of the worst things about it is that it's just too easy.

I'm having to put restrictions on myself to make it harder even on extreme mode:

-only use silencers on pistols
-only one primary weapon

Anyone have any other ones?
According to Reddit, if you only use one primary weapon, it lowers your item level.
But yes, I try to do the same. If you want to make it way more difficult, you can go into the UI and start disabling things like the Detection Gauge.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Played about an hour and a half and the game is way better than I was expecting. Not really a GR player but since there's no Assassins Creed this year I jumped. I could do without the main area hub but I'm digging it. The reviews for this game are ridiculous.

blood in the water? feeding frenzy. time to air out all those built-up grievances regarding all these widely-employed mechanics by targeting one particular game....

don't like seeing it, even when it's a game i have no interest in whatsoever...

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they do. I was playing with a buddy and he would only open half the chests. He said he wanted to wait for the rest until he was at a higher level so that he wouldn't waste them.

His logic made sense but I'm also 50 levels higher than him rn.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Something is driving me nuts while playing and just want to know if I am indeed missing something or the icon is just misleading.

While wandering the world, whenever I come upon a new location it says the name of the location on the bottom right of the HUD.
It appears to have a down arrow and I think one of the analog sticks, but nothing happens if I press down on either stick, or press down on the D-Pad (that just toggles the interface as it should), etc.

So is there nothing to do when you come upon a location and the down arrow is not a down arrow? Or is there some intel to be gathered I am completely missing out on?

I am on the X-Box by the way if it matters.

Otherwise while it is not a perfect game, I am enjoying myself so far.
Does nobody know what I am talking about here?
When you go into any new area (anything that has an icon on the map) it pops up on the bottom right of the HUD with an icon that appears to have a down arrow. Maybe it does not and I am reading it wrong. That is all I am trying to figure out.

Besides the above I have played about 3.5 hours, so not a whole lot, and all solo and probably will continue to play lone wolf for as long as I play. I am playing on the X, and I am absolutely enjoying the hell out of it.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
When you go into any new area (anything that has an icon on the map) it pops up on the bottom right of the HUD with an icon that appears to have a down arrow. Maybe it does not and I am reading it wrong. That is all I am trying to figure out.

Besides the above I have played about 3.5 hours, so not a whole lot, and all solo and probably will continue to play lone wolf for as long as I play. I am playing on the X, and I am absolutely enjoying the hell out of it.

If a button prompt has an underline, that's Ubisoft telling you to hold the button down

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I think you're just referring to the icon it places on the map, you're not missing out on anything by not hitting a button after discovering an area. Doesn't work that way. It prompts you to look at the map after discovering a location for you to instantly see where that location is, but that's about all it offers in that department.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada

I can confirm that the non-unique chests repopulate after some time. You can see the unique and non-unique items that a point of interest has by highlighting the location on the map.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Did they give a time frame on when ai buddies might be implemented ? Hard to believe they took them out.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I must say so far I really liked Wildlands a lot better then this...I think I will wait for when they add the companions because this feels like it was made with them in mind or co-op...Solo is very hard,stealth is almost impossible to do and the way the quests and side mission are set up is extremely non user friendly.There's is also too many patrols all the time,plane,copters,drones,you spend half your time crouch in grass or whatever unless you constantly kill everything,vehicules get stuck in the environnements way too much etc etc...only 5 hours in mind you,but soloing this is rough,they cant bring back your squadmates fast enough.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I must say so far I really liked Wildlands a lot better then this...I think I will wait for when they add the companions because this feels like it was made with them in mind or co-op...Solo is very hard,stealth is almost impossible to do and the way the quests and side mission are set up is extremely non user friendly.There's is also too many patrols all the time,plane,copters,drones,you spend half your time crouch in grass or whatever unless you constantly kill everything,vehicules get stuck in the environnements way too much etc etc...only 5 hours in mind you,but soloing this is rough,they cant bring back your squadmates fast enough.
IMO it's actually a lot easier to stealth in Breakpoint, now that I've spent a while getting used to the options.
There are a few items and abilities that make it very easy.

1. You don't have a drone cooldown in Breakpoint unless it gets destroyed, and that's pretty much impossible unless you fly it into plane rotors.
2. Unlike with Wildlands, enemies don't seem to notice the drone *at all*.
3. You can get the IR/NVG upgrades for the drone to spot enemies easily.
4. Class items make stealth a cinch. Sharpshooter's class item will mark an entire base with a single use. Predator's class item makes you invisible to drones.
5. AI is still completely oblivious to sniper fire. You will never get detected if you stay outside 200ish meters of a base, even if they notice dead bodies.
6. There's a perk (forgot the name) that automatically marks enemies with 20m. If you prefer to play close, this one ensures you're never surprised.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Yeah, this feels like a decision that was made early on when they wanted a "you're on your own" survival vibe.
I feel the opposite.
Agreeing to add them post launch is... *fucking insane*. It's insane because Ubi is generally pretty smart about feature prioritization and player value and assessing ROI. AI squadmates are also kind of a huge feature to work on for something that's *presumably* not going to be monetized.

I think there's probably some other reason they weren't included. Either they weren't in a good enough state to launch with, or maybe because they trivialize the encounters.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I feel the opposite.
Agreeing to add them post launch is... *fucking insane*. It's insane because Ubi is generally pretty smart about feature prioritization and player value and assessing ROI. AI squadmates are also kind of a huge feature to work on for something that's *presumably* not going to be monetized.

I think there's probably some other reason they weren't included. Either they weren't in a good enough state to launch with, or maybe because they trivialize the encounters.

I don't have any sources to quote, but I was just kinda assuming they'd port in the AI code from Wildlands and call it a day. If it's something they have to develop from scratch, then yeah, that's crazy for something post launch. Either way, I expect it to be half-assed and underwhelming.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the opposite.

It is really bizarre they'd take AI squads out, especially since they put such an emphasis on co-op play that contradicts their talk of making you feel like a lone wolf. I have no reason to know this to be true obvs, but the turnaround on this game was so quick, it kind of just smells of a feature they had to cut for time.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
What hud settings are you guys playing with ?
I turned off enemy clouds and am playing on advanced, I think I'm gonna going a male respurces just on the map
Is their a way to make the pins font smaller? My god with three pins it looks so garish I'm usually fine with huds but this is something else

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I don't have any sources to quote, but I was just kinda assuming they'd port in the AI code from Wildlands and call it a day. If it's something they have to develop from scratch, then yeah, that's crazy for something post launch. Either way, I expect it to be half-assed and underwhelming.
I'm real curious about their implementation plan.
Will they be named characters? Will they be voiced? Will there be chatter? Will they show up in cutscenes?
Someone there's gotta be the steward of quality for features like this and I wonder what's sufficient for launch.

It is really bizarre they'd take AI squads out, especially since they put such an emphasis on co-op play that contradicts their talk of making you feel like a lone wolf. I have no reason to know this to be true obvs, but the turnaround on this game was so quick, it kind of just smells of a feature they had to cut for time.
Yeah this is where my head is at.
This plus the fact that the game isn't purely iterative on Wildlands makes me suspect they had to cut a lot out.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
I'm ok with the lack of AI teammates. i don't need them in my way or not doing what i instruct them to do.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The AI teammates were shit in Wildlands. They were an absolute crutch and just a means of doing sync shots. They're going to be shit in this too when they're eventually in. But at least you might get some banter if you're lonely I guess. I'd MUCH rather resources go to enhancing enemy AI rather than working on friendly squad mates but apparently people are very loud.