• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Well not for people like you and Mr. Serious & Easily Offended over there but to most people it makes perfect sense.

Moving goal posts I see eh? At the very least play fair. If I would have put in 10 hours and didn't finish the game then I would get shellacked for not finishing the game and that my viewpoint is null and void. I know how these things tend to swing. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Moving goal posts I see eh? At the very least play fair. If I would have put in 10 hours and didn't finish the game then I would get shellacked for not finishing the game and that my viewpoint is null and void. I know how these things tend to swing. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
Not by me. I don't care what you play. Or for how long. To me it's just weird to play something for 35 hours when it MUST have been clear that you didn't like it within 3 or 4 hours. Why do that to yourself? I don't mind, i just wouldn't do that myself.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Not by me. I don't care what you play. Or for how long. To me it's just weird to play something for 35 hours when it MUST have been clear that you didn't like it within 3 or 4 hours. Why do that to yourself? I don't mind, i just wouldn't do that myself.

Perhaps I was holding out hope that the game would correct itself? Perhaps I have a vested amount of interest in the series and wanted to play it through to see if the critical reviews held true? Perhaps I didn't want to just simply waste the 50 dollars I put out for this game only to really get nothing in return for it? There's other intangibles at play here than what's at the surface.

In the end does it truly matter how much time I put into it to formulate my own opinion? Why do you in particular have an axe to grind with me about this?

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps I was holding out hope that the game would correct itself? Perhaps I have a vested amount of interest in the series and wanted to play it through to see if the critical reviews held true? Perhaps I didn't want to just simply waste the 50 dollars I put out for this game only to really get nothing in return for it? There's other intangibles at play here than what's at the surface.

In the end does it truly matter how much time I put into it to formulate my own opinion? Why do you in particular have an axe to grind with me about this?
No it doesn't matter at all.
I have no axe to grind. My first comment was far more friendly than you read into it. I was just surprised. Do what you like mate.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
grb_2019_10_06_18_52_qej66.png

grb_2019_10_06_23_04_wrk7m.png

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played some coop with my brother for about 5 hours last night. Didnt complete a single mission but had more fun causing chaos than I have had in 100+ hours of borderlands 3 and probably 500 hours in division 2. this game is fantastic fun. How long will it last post-game, who knows but at just level 13, I'm loving it. Especially headshots being worth actually doing.

Mar 29, 2018
Played some coop with my brother for about 5 hours last night. Didnt complete a single mission but had more fun causing chaos than I have had in 100+ hours of borderlands 3 and probably 500 hours in division 2. this game is fantastic fun. How long will it last post-game, who knows but at just level 13, I'm loving it. Especially headshots being worth actually doing.
You enjoy Wildlands too?

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Yeah I am not super focused in this and I am having a great time. I understand how the quests work, but I kinda just work through stuff organically.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Same here, I spent countless hours in division 2, and I'm having a lot more fun in breakpoint. A much more satisfying experience in my opinion.
And yes! Loving the head shots!

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Put in a decent amount of time (for me) in this weekend, played about 4 hours of co-op, and up to about 16 hours total for the game. I think my gear score is around 72 or so, XP level 18. Found my first 3rd rank weapon ("high grade" I think) & gear. 11% main mission completion, 4.95% of the world explored.

• First thought: I am enjoying the game the longer I play it.
• Second thought: They did a really shitty job with the opening 1-5 hours of this game.

To the 1st point, upon starting the game, I think I agreed with about 85% of the negative review points. It was just not clicking with me. I was hoping/expecting Wildlands+ and instead got something mostly different. However, after sticking with it, I am coming around to enjoy (most of) the changes, and appreciate some of the game-play diversity it's created. There is real joy in taking down outposts without being able to sync-shot the whole base into oblivion. The drones are frustrating, but also fun once you've figured out the best way to take them out.

To the 2nd point, Jesus Ubisoft! The opening hours of this game are a MESS. The narrative is all over the place.. it starts confusingly, and then you're on your own.. except all these other Nomads and Ghosts and people and everything in Erewhon .. but outside of that.. you're on your own! The menus.. oh the menus. SO MANY MENUS. Once you've put in some time with the game, it's fine to navigate.. but man, it's clunky. The Wildlands system worked fine, I don't understand why they felt the need to change it to something so cumbersome. Exploration.. objectives.. pinning objectives.. it DOES all work, once you figure it out, but man they do not make it intuitive. I've played co-op with 3 other friends who were all pretty into Wildlands, and we've all have the same complaints. The "gear" is pointless, and seems to only be an artificial way to keep people out of late game content. It slowly feeds you all the upgraded pieces as needed to get your "gear score" higher. There is no rhyme or reason really. You CAN purposefully go hunt for "better gloves" if you're missing them.. but realistically you'll get a "RNG" glove drop soon if that piece is the lowest you have. I will say, there is no real DOWNSIDE to the "gear score", it just seems pointless. I suppose maybe you waste some time, but you do get some weapon/gear perks from the higher end stuff.. but really this didn't need to be a thing.

Once things get going, and you master the menu mission, things get decidedly better. The world is really varied, and has some gorgeous views. Graphics are good, not amazing, but do not get in the way of anything for the most part. Bugs are definitely here. I got stuck in a conversation with an NPC trying to get intel, while at the end of clearing a base.. had to reload and re-take the base a 2nd time (oh no!). Ground vehicles do ALL kinds of weird stuff (bounce like they've got hydraulics installed). Though, in the end, it's actually a lot of fun. Co-op is fun, of course, but almost any game can be fun with friends. That being said, I am equally enjoying the solo stuff, just exploring around, there is a cool Pirate treasure quest I've been working on.

• Things I still don't like:

Tonally the game still seems like it doesn't know what it wants to be. Half the stuff is still about survival and what not, but most of the NPCs treat me like a RPG hero. "Oh help us Nomad! There is a noise coming from that waterfall! We all die when we try to check it out, won't you do it for us?" (actual quest) I do it, come back, "turn in my quest" like a normal RPG and they're thanking me (Thank you Nomad!) and it just feels.. weird. I had to get parts for some random dude to make a fishing lure.. a fishing.. lure. It's fine.. and I guess it pads the content.. but the story (so far) hasn't made the leap from being a shot-down-commando on a revenge mission to.. One-man Island Savior? Thankfully (I guess) the story content is pretty light compared to the overall action.. so you can make your own head canon (I do) about what you're doing there. I thought Wildlands had a pretty straightforward narrative about taking down the Cartel piece by piece.. but I am not seeing any of that here.

Graphical weirdness. MOST of the time things look great, but sometimes they look really bad. Mountains/Hills in the semi-distant look pretty bad most times. It's like it's rendering them as low poly closer than they should. The NPC facial animation is routinely rough. Like original Mass Effect Andromeda rough. Night vision looks.. really bad. I am not sure what is wrong with it, but it just seems way off compared to other games.

Military weapon/gear camo being restricted to Paid/Raid/Etc. Wildlands had a TON of camo choices unlocked from the start, here, there is hardly anything. You need to pay real money, do the Raid, or a couple other tasks to unlock anything. The Breakpoint tag line is "BECOME AN ELITE SPEC OPS SOLDIER" but if you want to look like one, pony up some cash! This is really the only issue I have with the micro-transaction nonsense.. as most of it is stupid. If you want to pay real money for a SCOPE KIT that you can buy with Skell Credits or find on your own.. okay, I can't stop you from being an idiot. But keeping cool military gear/outfit camo behind a paywall in a military game.. that's skeezy.

Overall, I stand by this being a solid 7/10 game, with the potential to increase with patches/additional content. It's not an improvement on Wildlands (yet), but more of a equal lateral move.

• Questions:

How on early do you get "2 CQC kills in under 10 seconds"? This is for Rank 6 or 7 for Panther.. and I can't seem to do it. It seems pretty freaking straightforward. I see 2 guys walking along the road.. I sneak up and gank one of them, tussle a little and stabby stab stab takedown, by now the other guy is shooting at me, so I run up to him and repeat, another takedown. No dice. Is there something else I need to do? I don't feel like this process takes 10 seconds, but I can't see any way to do it quicker, as the stupid takedown animations take their own sweet time.

Can you save vehicles that you've.. uh.. liberated? I saw in the bivouac screen some of them say you can park a vehicle. Can you land a helicopter and have it saved there if you log off? I wouldn't think so, but would be nice if they had some sort of "Garage" mechanic outside of just buying the vehicle with Skell credits.

zEggk0T.jpg

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Put in a decent amount of time (for me) in this weekend, played about 4 hours of co-op, and up to about 16 hours total for the game. I think my gear score is around 72 or so, XP level 18. Found my first 3rd rank weapon ("high grade" I think) & gear. 11% main mission completion, 4.95% of the world explored.

• First thought: I am enjoying the game the longer I play it.
• Second thought: They did a really shitty job with the opening 1-5 hours of this game.

To the 1st point, upon starting the game, I think I agreed with about 85% of the negative review points. It was just not clicking with me. I was hoping/expecting Wildlands+ and instead got something mostly different. However, after sticking with it, I am coming around to enjoy (most of) the changes, and appreciate some of the game-play diversity it's created. There is real joy in taking down outposts without being able to sync-shot the whole base into oblivion. The drones are frustrating, but also fun once you've figured out the best way to take them out.

To the 2nd point, Jesus Ubisoft! The opening hours of this game are a MESS. The narrative is all over the place.. it starts confusingly, and then you're on your own.. except all these other Nomads and Ghosts and people and everything in Erewhon .. but outside of that.. you're on your own! The menus.. oh the menus. SO MANY MENUS. Once you've put in some time with the game, it's fine to navigate.. but man, it's clunky. The Wildlands system worked fine, I don't understand why they felt the need to change it to something so cumbersome. Exploration.. objectives.. pinning objectives.. it DOES all work, once you figure it out, but man they do not make it intuitive. I've played co-op with 3 other friends who were all pretty into Wildlands, and we've all have the same complaints. The "gear" is pointless, and seems to only be an artificial way to keep people out of late game content. It slowly feeds you all the upgraded pieces as needed to get your "gear score" higher. There is no rhyme or reason really. You CAN purposefully go hunt for "better gloves" if you're missing them.. but realistically you'll get a "RNG" glove drop soon if that piece is the lowest you have. I will say, there is no real DOWNSIDE to the "gear score", it just seems pointless. I suppose maybe you waste some time, but you do get some weapon/gear perks from the higher end stuff.. but really this didn't need to be a thing.

Once things get going, and you master the menu mission, things get decidedly better. The world is really varied, and has some gorgeous views. Graphics are good, not amazing, but do not get in the way of anything for the most part. Bugs are definitely here. I got stuck in a conversation with an NPC trying to get intel, while at the end of clearing a base.. had to reload and re-take the base a 2nd time (oh no!). Ground vehicles do ALL kinds of weird stuff (bounce like they've got hydraulics installed). Though, in the end, it's actually a lot of fun. Co-op is fun, of course, but almost any game can be fun with friends. That being said, I am equally enjoying the solo stuff, just exploring around, there is a cool Pirate treasure quest I've been working on.

• Things I still don't like:

Tonally the game still seems like it doesn't know what it wants to be. Half the stuff is still about survival and what not, but most of the NPCs treat me like a RPG hero. "Oh help us Nomad! There is a noise coming from that waterfall! We all die when we try to check it out, won't you do it for us?" (actual quest) I do it, come back, "turn in my quest" like a normal RPG and they're thanking me (Thank you Nomad!) and it just feels.. weird. I had to get parts for some random dude to make a fishing lure.. a fishing.. lure. It's fine.. and I guess it pads the content.. but the story (so far) hasn't made the leap from being a shot-down-commando on a revenge mission to.. One-man Island Savior? Thankfully (I guess) the story content is pretty light compared to the overall action.. so you can make your own head canon (I do) about what you're doing there. I thought Wildlands had a pretty straightforward narrative about taking down the Cartel piece by piece.. but I am not seeing any of that here.

Graphical weirdness. MOST of the time things look great, but sometimes they look really bad. Mountains/Hills in the semi-distant look pretty bad most times. It's like it's rendering them as low poly closer than they should. The NPC facial animation is routinely rough. Like original Mass Effect Andromeda rough. Night vision looks.. really bad. I am not sure what is wrong with it, but it just seems way off compared to other games.

Military weapon/gear camo being restricted to Paid/Raid/Etc. Wildlands had a TON of camo choices unlocked from the start, here, there is hardly anything. You need to pay real money, do the Raid, or a couple other tasks to unlock anything. The Breakpoint tag line is "BECOME AN ELITE SPEC OPS SOLDIER" but if you want to look like one, pony up some cash! This is really the only issue I have with the micro-transaction nonsense.. as most of it is stupid. If you want to pay real money for a SCOPE KIT that you can buy with Skell Credits or find on your own.. okay, I can't stop you from being an idiot. But keeping cool military gear/outfit camo behind a paywall in a military game.. that's skeezy.

Overall, I stand by this being a solid 7/10 game, with the potential to increase with patches/additional content. It's not an improvement on Wildlands (yet), but more of a equal lateral move.

• Questions:

How on early do you get "2 CQC kills in under 10 seconds"? This is for Rank 6 or 7 for Panther.. and I can't seem to do it. It seems pretty freaking straightforward. I see 2 guys walking along the road.. I sneak up and gank one of them, tussle a little and stabby stab stab takedown, by now the other guy is shooting at me, so I run up to him and repeat, another takedown. No dice. Is there something else I need to do? I don't feel like this process takes 10 seconds, but I can't see any way to do it quicker, as the stupid takedown animations take their own sweet time.

Can you save vehicles that you've.. uh.. liberated? I saw in the bivouac screen some of them say you can park a vehicle. Can you land a helicopter and have it saved there if you log off? I wouldn't think so, but would be nice if they had some sort of "Garage" mechanic outside of just buying the vehicle with Skell credits.

zEggk0T.jpg
For the two CQC kills, flashbang.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Do you have to take them out with hand-to-hand after that? I'd assume so, but it doesn't really say. Personally it'd think any "close quarter" kills should count. I will try that tonight, thanks!
You have to CQC both of them without being detected given the theme of being a silent panther stalking your prey. As DrBo42 said, flashbangs work great as well as the class skill smoke screen which instantly puts you back into stealth.

------------------------------------------

I feel that the game feels so much better when you do the random faction missions in bases that you've already cleared before and looted already. With the loot out of the way, you just have an objective to covertly complete where you can just slip in past the guards and drones, complete the objective, and then sneak out without having to systematically take out every single guard/drone in a location. It really makes you feel more like a special ops agent when you can ghost through without killing anyone and without leaving a trace. What's particularly satisfying is doing the missions that require you to destroy a vehicle in a base by sneaking up to the vehicle, planting some C4 on it, sneaking out, and then setting it off and watching all of the NPCs go bonkers looking for you in a base that you are no longer in.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Questions:

Sounds like you're doing it right, just getting unlucky. The timer starts as soon as the animation kicks in on the first guy. If you end up with the melee attack that takes 6 seconds you're not going to get the second guy in time.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
Sounds like you're doing it right, just getting unlucky. The timer starts as soon as the animation kicks in on the first guy. If you end up with the melee attack that takes 6 seconds you're not going to get the second guy in time.

Hence you use cloak and run as it disorients them and causes them to stay in one spot. It never said you couldn't but there will be challenges where they will specifically ask you to do this.

EDIT: I know since I finished all the damn challenges for all classes :D

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hence you use cloak and run as it disorients them and causes them to stay in one spot. It never said you couldn't but there will be challenges where they will specifically ask you to do this.

I believe there's also a trophy for this, and you don't have to use Cloak and Run. Or maybe it's not a trophy, but I've been playing Assault and had to do this as well. Took a few tries but I managed.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
I believe there's also a trophy for this, and you don't have to use Cloak and Run. Or maybe it's not a trophy, but I've been playing Assault and had to do this as well. Took a few tries but I managed.

true but it makes it a bit easier. you need a certain amount of distance between targets to make sure the second target isn't alerted by the first target.

So a 2+ man patrol without Cloak and Run is not possible since the others in said patrol will kill you while in the animation. if you want to do it without Cloak and Run then you would need to do it at an encampment or a place where there's buildings to help break sight lines.

Last edited:

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ah okay. So both targets need to be surprised? It would have been nice if the description had said that! CQC just means close quarters combat!

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing but disconnects today. Whalers error, which helpfully just means "We lost connection to the server"

I've played enough to formulate an opinion on it at least: I like the core gameplay and find the moment to moment a lot better than Wildlands. Mainly due to the AI not spawning in behind you if you're ever spotted. Just need to fix a lot of bugs and steady the servers. (Or even better, make it offline)

The gear score system is garbage but not because it detracts from the game in any way, its just so superfluous to the game that it could be removed in the next patch with no ill effect. It also just slows things down and makes sifting through your gear after every base or two an absolute chore. And colour scheme and attachments don't save on weapons which would at least alleviate it a little.

My only other complaint is Auroa seems to be covered in slime with all the sliding. I've frequently been uncontrolably sliding down normal stairs before and dirt inclines of about 25 degrees. Dig your fucking heels in, Nomad.

Oh and lets explain how to use the Sync Shot drone in game, huh? Maybe make it so you can tag with your normal drone too.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Nothing but disconnects today. Whalers error, which helpfully just means "We lost connection to the server"

I've played enough to formulate an opinion on it at least: I like the core gameplay and find the moment to moment a lot better than Wildlands. Mainly due to the AI not spawning in behind you if you're ever spotted. Just need to fix a lot of bugs and steady the servers. (Or even better, make it offline)

The gear score system is garbage but not because it detracts from the game in any way, its just so superfluous to the game that it could be removed in the next patch with no ill effect. It also just slows things down and makes sifting through your gear after every base or two an absolute chore. And colour scheme and attachments don't save on weapons which would at least alleviate it a little.

My only other complaint is Auroa seems to be covered in slime with all the sliding. I've frequently been uncontrolably sliding down normal stairs before and dirt inclines of about 25 degrees. Dig your fucking heels in, Nomad.

Oh and lets explain how to use the Sync Shot drone in game, huh? Maybe make it so you can tag with your normal drone too.

If you hit the crouch button when you slide,it helps a lot sometimes...

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Done and done!

use your ability: Cloak and Run.

You inspired me to try taking on the nearest Behemoth drone that was GS 180+ while I was 169. It turns out that they're actually pretty easy as long as you have a really big piece of cover to run back and forth along. Much like other drones, their weakspots can be uncovered through explosives (ie. rocket launchers) and you can do extra damage and stun them by hitting their eye.

Mar 6, 2019
Fuck the haters, this game is amazing.

I see you, but do you see me? GH has better stealth than MGS and Splinter Cell
Yt2fUT7.jpg

e1lxofr.jpg

eK1NOEb.jpg

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the beta, but then was put off by the reviews.

These impressions got me back in.

I playe the beta with the ADS defaulting to 3rd person and enjoyed it. Any advantage to the first person view, in terms of accuracy?

Mar 29, 2018
Tbis feels like a more complete and better game than MGSV, to me.
How I felt about Wildlands too.

Of course MGSVs second to second gameplay is miles better, but that only gets you so far in a relatively small open world, completely broken progression system, and bare sense of story/adventure.

These new Ghost Recon games are so rough but at a high level they are AWESOME fun

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the beta, but then was put off by the reviews.

These impressions got me back in.

I playe the beta with the ADS defaulting to 3rd person and enjoyed it. Any advantage to the first person view, in terms of accuracy?

That is more of something you change dynamically depending on how you are engaging. I put it in third person if I am in close quarters .

You can change it by pressing R3.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
So is ubisoft going to run damage control and address the reviews?

i believe so. But this is GaaS. Wildlands was falling apart on the release, The Crew etc. they will "fix it" for those who are not satisfied with it.

For now, I'm having a blast, 30+ hrs in. Gameplay loop is awesome and stealth is so satisfying

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i believe so. But this is GaaS. Wildlands was falling apart on the release, The Crew etc. they will "fix it" for those who are not satisfied with it.

For now, I'm having a blast, 30+ hrs in. Gameplay loop is awesome and stealth is so satisfying
I enjoy the stealth, too.

I hope they provide substantial updates.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I put up my review today.

Like, looking at the whole thing empirically, Breakpoint has a lot of clear mechanical and design issues.

But... I keep playing it. It's a conundrum.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to get the game. The last physical game I bought was Rock Band (Xbox One) and since I was so unsure about this one, I decided to get a physical copy so if I don't like it at least I can get something for it versus getting a digital copy. I had Links Awakening to trade in and since it has high value, I only ended paying $25 as the balance. I did play the Beta and was lukewarm to the game. Menu's/UI seemed overly cluttered and a bit overwhelming for a new player (I did not play more than 30 min of the previous game). I played the Beta on Xbox One X and felt the game ran pretty poorly in resolution mode. Some areas looked good in the beta, others areas did not and as mentioned it felt very choppy and not very smooth at all. I changed to graphic fidelity and did not notice much of a difference and still did not feel smooth. I enjoyed the gameplay and that is the thing that had me considering buying the game. The beta just did not sell me on the game and reading posts in this thread is what got me to start considering buying the game....and that is what I ended up doing. So that is my history in a nutshell with the beta and....

I am very glad/happy that I bought the game. I played a good 3 hours, which is something I have not done with a new game in a while. Firstly, it does definitely look better and performance is a lot better than it was in the Beta. There is screen tearing in resolution mode which is something I despise, but it was not been that intrusive...oddly I see it most in some of the Menu's, which is puzzling. I decided to start with the 2nd highest difficulty based on reading some comments and although I died early often, I was just getting my feet wet, determining how much distance I could be before being spotted etc. The section near the beginning where you take a vehicle and you make it to the hidden cave ran very poorly in the beta and was pleasantly surprised how smooth it was in the final game. Very impressed with this and the visuals overall so far.

With that said, I did come across some odd bugs even in the UI. When first starting the game and setting the HDR levels, I decided to change it back to the default and then the image that you see to adjust HDR disappeared and the two settings (paper white/HDR intensity) reset to Zero. Backing out to the previous menu to set the standard brightness also broke and that image disappeared. I even let it sit thinking it needed to load but nothing I did would bring the image in the brightness tab or the HDR one so I could adjust. I ended up quitting to the dashboard and reloading the game which fixed the issue. Things like this, which is some of the most basic things puts a bad taste in my mouth...but luckily in game play so far I have not experienced any bugs as of yet.

I am really shocked that most reviews are trashing the game as bad as they are. I know everyone has opinions and that is what a review is, a persons opinion. For what I have played so far, the scores just seem off to me. But that is of course my opinion. I have not played with anyone and have done just solo so far and been enjoying it a lot. I only stopped to watch Monday Night Football and have dinner with my wife. If she was working I would of eaten something quick and started playing again...which is rare for me these days where all I can think of is playing the game or as I write this talking about it in a forum. Granted my time is still early, but the difference between the beta and the final is pretty big at least on Xbox One X. So far I am impressed with the game. Like any game, I do hope Ubi updates that game to make it better (patches). While I have not encountered anything game breaking, patches always for the most part makes things better so I hope we see some improvements to any part of the game soon.

Thanks to many of the posters for providing impressions and information because that was pivotal to me making the purchasing decisions. I normally don't allow reviews to impact what I buy but when you see this many negatives it gives you pause. Glad that I went with my gut after reading impressions here in the thread.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So playing the game a bit more tonight, in the Fish Processing Center there is a small building that is locked and says Access Denied.
Just curious how one gets the door to open in buildings like this? Is it generally somewhere in the same location I am missing? Or do you find it elsewhere in the world?

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So playing the game a bit more tonight, in the Fish Processing Center there is a small building that is locked and says Access Denied.
Just curious how one gets the door to open in buildings like this? Is it generally somewhere in the same location I am missing? Or do you find it elsewhere in the world?
You can pick up dead soldiers and use them to access those doors, as they are biometric locks.

Oct 27, 2017

I came across that door and I searched everywhere in the vicinity. I'm pretty sure whatever key card we need is not in the immediate area.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
You can pick up dead soldiers and use them to access those doors, as they are biometric locks.
I came across that door and I searched everywhere in the vicinity. I'm pretty sure whatever key card we need is not in the immediate area.
Oh snap. If the first reply is indeed the way to do it, which I have no reason to doubt that it is, that is pretty fucking great and I really do wish I was smart enough to think of it on my own but I definitely am not. I did leave that area right after I posted but I will go back once I clear out this next spot I am at which is not to far away from it.

And that is why I am personally digging the game right now. Just basically going from one area to the next clearing shit out. And right now they are varied enough I am enjoying it. Feels to me like a 3rd person Far Cry which I love that game too. I imagine it will eventually get tedious but right now it is not.

Thank you for the replies!!!

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Thanks to many of the posters for providing impressions and information because that was pivotal to me making the purchasing decisions. I normally don't allow reviews to impact what I buy but when you see this many negatives it gives you pause. Glad that I went with my gut after reading impressions here in the thread...

glad you're enjoying it. i am, too (granted, in a more 'take it or leave it' way more than a 'love at first sight' way, but whatever). that the game engendered the amount & the degree of critical negativity it did seems bizarre to me. yes, it has micro-transactions, none of which are mandatory. but, other than that? i looks good, it feels good, & it's more or less just about as enjoyable as most other ubi open world games. like most games, it's derivative. like all games, it's not for everyone, but does it do what it's intended to do, effectively? after 10+ hours of solo play, i can definitely say, yeah, it does...

Oct 25, 2017
Really like the way "boss" battles are handled in this game. The areas themselves are actually the boss, with the types of enemies and their positioning creating the difficulty and scale of the encounter, while the namesake enemy -- playing an important role in the game's story -- are often just 1 headshot away from dropping, like any other normal enemy. It feels fresh, even if that's something that Wildlands also did (I'm not sure, as I didn't care that much for Wildlands, but am digging this)

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
What an awful time to have my first power outage in I do not know how long. I was on the 2nd to last out of about 15 guys in a new location. Aaargh going to try and power through it again right now before heading to bed.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say thanks again, this worked as you said it would. So obvious but not at all if that makes sense. Got some good new explosives in that room as well!!!

I am sure there is but I have just not checked yet, but is there a place to see your overall stats?? I would love to see how effective overall my going full stealth is working out. There has been more than one occasion it has gone to total shit and I have just had to resort to guns blazing, but overall I've done my best to keep it all stealth.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say thanks again, this worked as you said it would. So obvious but not at all if that makes sense. Got some good new explosives in that room as well!!!

I am sure there is but I have just not checked yet, but is there a place to see your overall stats?? I would love to see how effective overall my going full stealth is working out. There has been more than one occasion it has gone to total shit and I have just had to resort to guns blazing, but overall I've done my best to keep it all stealth.

Yeah in the menus where you look at the map, loadout, mission, skill points, and such. I think its second from the right, at least on pvp. It tells you all that information like stealth kills, pve kills, pve headshots, longest kill distance, things like that.

The icon on the menu bar is a head with a couple of lines coming out to the right of it