• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Been watching ALOT of videos and this game looks pretty fun to me (even with dumb ai) , if looks like a slightly less polished mgs5 but without the stuoid story,zombies,half naked soldiers , motherbase , and a finished story (even if its not great).

you forgot '& with a much more interesting & varied environment', but, otherwise? after over a dozen hours of solo play, that's basically exactly how this game feels. i had a great time with mgs5, & i'm really enjoying breakpoint, as well. enjoy!...

Misuta

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Germany
Reading the comments here makes me want to buy the game. I love The Division, Wildlands, MGS5. So I think, I will like this game for sure.
How much did you pay for the game (standard version)? I saw a shop that sells it for 40€.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
While I quite like (in a "respect the choreography and animation" kind of way) the CQC kills, I find their length annoying at times.

When playing panther I find myself wanting something like Splinter Cell: Blacklist's Killing in Motion system that included melee (you could start a melee animation, shoot some other people then finish the animation).

It was mostly canned stuff but it felt fluid. Given the focus on close range with Panther, I think it would be cool to have some additional CQC animations, perhaps faster ones, or double kills etc associated with the class.

Oct 25, 2017
When playing panther I find myself wanting something like Splinter Cell: Blacklist's Killing in Motion system that included melee (you could start a melee animation, shoot some other people then finish the animation).

I would like to see this added to the Sync Shot stuff. Like, you set up 2 sync shots, and when you melee kill (from stealth) an AI, instead of the drones shooting the enemies, you pull out a silenced pistol and the camera tries to bring the other enemies into focus while you shoot them, then return to finishing off the AI you attacked manually. It at least would utilize the systems they have set in place.

The other option is to just let us earn some melee animations, one of which could be a John Wick style knife/gun takedown.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
While I quite like (in a "respect the choreography and animation" kind of way) the CQC kills, I find their length annoying at times.

It was mostly canned stuff but it felt fluid. Given the focus on close range with Panther, I think it would be cool to have some additional CQC animations, perhaps faster ones, or double kills etc associated with the class.

One thing to note is different knives have different animations. I think the straight knife has the quickest one.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Fuck the haters, this game is amazing.

I see you, but do you see me? GH has better stealth than MGS and Splinter Cell

That's a crazy statement. I personally wouldn't call the stealth better than those incredible games. Yes, the game makes you feel very powerful and sneaky at times, but I think that's just a result of the enemy AI being dumb as bricks.

Personally, I find it way more rewarding sneaking through those other games, with it being way more challenging.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Played with some buddies again and the game keeps staying good. I keep coming back to MGS5 as a comparison. Love it and hope they keep supporting it like they do their other games.

Oct 25, 2017
I really treat this game like every 80s action flick ever where I *try* to be stealthy, and things work out really well for like half of the base, then --something-- happens (it's always *something*) and I let it turn into silencer-off balls-to-the-walls action, and even though individual AI aren't great, the threat of like 10 dudes at different angles including snipers (they rarely miss in this game) makes for some pretty intense battles. Nevermind the drones that inevitably get in the way and have turned incredibly controllable situations into damn near impossible ones.

I know a lot of people are doing stealth-only approaches, and I've done that and totally dig it, but for me the action side of this game is actually delivering really well. I'm just glad that the game can support gunplay-oriented approaches just as well.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
One thing to note is different knives have different animations. I think the straight knife has the quickest one.

I had noticed the different animations, but hadn't considered they'd be different lengths. Good to know.

I would like to see this added to the Sync Shot stuff. Like, you set up 2 sync shots, and when you melee kill (from stealth) an AI, instead of the drones shooting the enemies, you pull out a silenced pistol and the camera tries to bring the other enemies into focus while you shoot them, then return to finishing off the AI you attacked manually. It at least would utilize the systems they have set in place.

The other option is to just let us earn some melee animations, one of which could be a John Wick style knife/gun takedown.

This is pretty much what I mean. With the way they have monetised the game and added so many types of cosmetic to purchase or unlock via faction missions I'd be surprised if they didn;t add more, or add special knives with particular animations.

Watch Dogs 3 also seems to have some Wickian gun fu takedowns.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I hope we have some devs lurking on this thread......

I have spent the majority of my time on PvP and I like it a lot! It's the best since GRAW 2 imo.

I wish they could up the ante on player count. Instead of 4 v 4 give us a 6 v 6 mode. We had 8 v 8 on OG Xbox in 2002 on similar sized maps, I don't see a reason why going to 6 v 6 would be a deal breaker?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying this. I don't think it puts its best foot forward and it takes about two or three hours to really kick off. But once it does it's a lot of fun to play, much like its predecessor. I still maintain that there's a lot of clunky and clumsy implementation of ideas here, and certain things about the menu system navigation is just way messier than it should be, but the actual gameplay is solid. I do wish the AI was a little less stupid at times, but for the most part I haven't encountered any major issues like some people have described with them being completely oblivious to downed enemies or things like that.

I think the biggest issue going against it is the lack of AI teammates, which is just a frankly bizarre choice considering the trailer featured three clear companions. Stealthing a base on your own actually does feel good but you can tell this is clearly moving more towards an open ended after-game model like Destiny with how the story....goes. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's not inherently bad and it certainly didn't become a derivative of The Division, but I'm not quite sure what they plan on doing with its future yet. Still, the bones of what made the last one work are still here, and I like some of the ideas of the new mechanics that they've wanted to implement such as the injury system, I'm just not sure it's entirely successful.

I'm kind of disappointed in the changes to PVP. I really liked the preset weapons and class system last time around; for lack of a better term it felt balanced. Not that this feels particularly unbalanced or anything, it just seems a little clumsy and less polished. It kind of reminds me of going from the well crafted simplicity of Uncharted 2 to the cluster fuck confusion of Uncharted 3

There definitely are some welcome tweaks that they've added though.

Last edited:

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PvP is a lot of fun, like a battle royale where you are in one of the last circles and have to kill another squad to win.

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, finished the game at 45 hours total, ended at 225 gear score. According to the game I have 4% world completion lol. Then again, according to the game I have 1% story completion (I actually know what is going on here: they are forgetting to multiply the ratio by 100 to display a % and then flooring the result. A number of .x floored is always 0, hence why everyones completion says 0).

Looking forward to the raid; I'll probably do some wolf camps to get around 240 score, but I want to leave 10 gs points so I have something to chase after through raid completions.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Then again, according to the game I have 1% story completion (I actually know what is going on here: they are forgetting to multiply the ratio by 100 to display a % and then flooring the result. A number of .x floored is always 0, hence why everyones completion says 0).

If you go into the "UBI Club" app it should show you what your completion percentage is.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I bought Wildlands at launch and then never played it. 🙄

Should I give Wildlands a try, or go directly for Breakpoint (didn't buy it yet)?

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
I bought Wildlands at launch and then never played it. 🙄

Should I give Wildlands a try, or go directly for Breakpoint (didn't buy it yet)?
I would. There is so much content in Wildlands now. I spend a ton of hours on that game with friends and mostly solo with the A.I team. Lots of different modes, ghost, mercenaries, guerrilla, the sp, etc., by the time you're half way thru it, Breakpoint will have improved more.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Well fuck youi "Protect Carl and Scientist" turret segment.

Very long drive along the road that spawns random patrols, has hard spawn spots along the road and then spawns enemies that are part of mission to chase you. I retried segment 4 times, each time car was blown up around same spot because damage you are forced to take.

Had to quit, how any dev testing that though it's fine?

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Well fuck youi "Protect Carl and Scientist" turret segment.

Very long drive along the road that spawns random patrols, has hard spawn spots along the road and then spawns enemies that are part of mission to chase you. I retried segment 4 times, each time car was blown up around same spot because damage you are forced to take.

Had to quit, how any dev testing that though it's fine?
I've done that segment twice, once solo and once with a friend, and did the driving segment in one try both times. It's the part afterward that felt a bit unfair solo, but there's a checkpoint just before it.

You just have to prioritize taking out the turret gunners on the vehicles. Also, watch out that you don't accidentally blow yourself up with the many, many red barrels that line the roads.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I've done that segment twice, once solo and once with a friend, and did the driving segment in one try both times. It's the part afterward that felt a bit unfair solo, but there's a checkpoint just before it.

You just have to prioritize taking out the turret gunners on the vehicles. Also, watch out that you don't accidentally blow yourself up with the many, many red barrels that line the roads.

Mission forces you to be gunner tho when solo?

Also car just gets shot up by gazillion RNG patrols and few of those hard spawns with heavy weapons. Mission spawned chasers are just an insult to injury.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Did you guys do the ''follow the Pylons by looking through them with your drone''...? I found the first 4 but cant find the rest..can you identify them if you go by with the copter or it just works with the Drone...? that's the Quest that starts by talking to Azreal.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Mission forces you to be gunner tho when solo?

Also car just gets shot up by gazillion RNG patrols and few of those hard spawns with heavy weapons. Mission spawned chasers are just an insult to injury.
That's what I meant. As gunner, you just have to be quick at taking out mostly the turret gunners who do the most damage. You can also not fire at soldiers who aren't alerted yet so that, by the time that they are alert, you've already passed them by without taking any damage. Another key tip is that, once your turret reticle gets huge, your aim is incredibly bad: stop firing to let your aim come back and then resume.

I quickly redid the chase part of the mission along with the final fight and recorded it here:

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Welp, decided to cancel my Uplay+ sub.
My entire Wildlands Ghost War group refuses to touch the PVP in this game because of how bad it is.
I'm at 214 item level and have no incentive to grind any further. There's somehow less mission variety here than in Wildlands so PVE is a slog. The game is incredibly flat overall, with no change in encounters or gameplay from beginning to end.

About the only good thing I can say in retrospect is that I definitely got my $15 worth. Maybe I'll sub again in the future when the game's improved, if it improves.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, decided to cancel my Uplay+ sub.
My entire Wildlands Ghost War group refuses to touch the PVP in this game because of how bad it is.
I'm at 214 item level and have no incentive to grind any further. There's somehow less mission variety here than in Wildlands so PVE is a slog. The game is incredibly flat overall, with no change in encounters or gameplay from beginning to end.

About the only good thing I can say in retrospect is that I definitely got my $15 worth. Maybe I'll sub again in the future when the game's improved, if it improves.

I do miss some of the simple things, like hijacking a supply helicopter or convoy (yes there are weapons convoys I know). I didn't really like the 'resources' back then, but now I miss it for the variety.

It's fun.. but yeah I can see it becoming a 'same ol, same ol' kind of situation.

That's just the nature of this forum, GRB isn't an ERA type of game. Wildlands was the same way.

This is also true, the OT for Wildlands at NeoGAF was pretty slow paced, but we got some good people together in the end, mostly PvE though, I think we'd moved over by the time the PvP finally came out.

I have it bookmarked, so I check it regularly. I think people will continue to come across it, some wont like it, some will, and it'll be nice to see new faces once and a while.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I do miss some of the simple things, like hijacking a supply helicopter or convoy (yes there are weapons convoys I know). I didn't really like the 'resources' back then, but now I miss it for the variety.

It's fun.. but yeah I can see it becoming a 'same ol, same ol' kind of situation.

This is also true, the OT for Wildlands at NeoGAF was pretty slow paced, but we got some good people together in the end, mostly PvE though, I think we'd moved over by the time the PvP finally came out.

I have it bookmarked, so I check it regularly. I think people will continue to come across it, some wont like it, some will, and it'll be nice to see new faces once and a while.
I was saying this in a previous post but even the convoy gameplay blows in Breakpoint.
In Wildlands, you had to keep the convoy intact in order to get full rewards. You'd have to EMP the truck and take out the driver, etc. In Breakpoint, all you have to do is blow up the truck with a missile.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I was saying this in a previous post but even the convoy gameplay blows in Breakpoint.
In Wildlands, you had to keep the convoy intact in order to get full rewards. You'd have to EMP the truck and take out the driver, etc. In Breakpoint, all you have to do is blow up the truck with a missile.

Shoot the tires, it stops.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Shoot the tires, it stops.
My point is that in Wildlands, you were constrained by design from just blowing up the convoy (the easy way to stop it).
In Breakpoint, there's no incentive (unless you're trying to make things hard on yourself) to snipe the tires when you can blow it up from a heli.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My point is that in Wildlands, you were constrained by design from just blowing up the convoy (the easy way to stop it).
In Breakpoint, there's no incentive (unless you're trying to make things hard on yourself) to snipe the tires when you can blow it up from a heli.

That seems like a good example of the changes overall for the game.. A lot of the nuance has been removed for ??? reasons.

I don't understand why they didn't start from the feature complete wildlands and work up from there. Even if they started some time ago, you'd think they could have benefited from stuff they learned with Wildlands.

A Lot of features and content was added to Wildlands post launch. I have the feeling this will be the same, just kinda sad to see things they already figured out not implemented at launch.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I am really enjoying the game the more I play it. As dumb as this is going to sound, on the Xbox One X in the games menu, I never noticed that when you select graphic fidelity or resolution at the bottom of the screen there was a "Hit X to apply" prompt. So my first few hours I was in graphic fidelity mode and while I thought it looked good, it looked a little soft and a little rough/jaggie. I started a new character last night since I knew a bit more what I was doing and noticed the "apply" prompt. Boy does the game look really good in resolution mode on the "X". There are some areas/close ups that don't look that great, but the majority of time playing it looks really damn good.

I have to say that they did a really piss poor job with the UI and how things are laid out..but when I restarted with a new character it was much easier to understand since I got use to it. I did a few side missions and a few main story and really am loving the game. I did buy Wildlands and barely played a few hours of it before giving up on it. I think I have about 10 hours into Breakpoint and am looking forward to the next time I have time to play.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
Noice siege charm :D

unknown.png

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Hey guys,

have they talked about the issues that needs fixing ? Like their plans. I googled and found nothing.

I'm playing it with a friend and it's buggy as hell and cutscenes feels unfinished. Something feels off in the cutscenes, maybe music but I'm not sure but it just feels unfinished compared to wildlands

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Hey guys,

have they talked about the issues that needs fixing ? Like their plans. I googled and found nothing.

I'm playing it with a friend and it's buggy as hell and cutscenes feels unfinished. Something feels off in the cutscenes, maybe music but I'm not sure but it just feels unfinished compared to wildlands
Major patch is coming on October 15the.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Did you guys do the ''follow the Pylons by looking through them with your drone''...? I found the first 4 but cant find the rest..can you identify them if you go by with the copter or it just works with the Drone...? that's the Quest that starts by talking to Azreal.

This one took me FOREVER. Terribly designed mission na user-unfriendly in almost every way.

Every pylon has a glowing square - you have to look straight through it with the drone to identify the next pylon. You might need to use zoom with some.

Note, the hint says "follow the rive south" or something, but this is horseshit. After three or so pylons alongside the river they deviate into the mountains away from the river.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
This one took me FOREVER. Terribly designed mission na user-unfriendly in almost every way.

Every pylon has a glowing square - you have to look straight through it with the drone to identify the next pylon. You might need to use zoom with some.

Note, the hint says "follow the rive south" or something, but this is horseshit. After three or so pylons alongside the river they deviate into the mountains away from the river.

is that the scientist guy staring at the radio thingy?

EDIT: Is it just me or is the skin override bugging out for people cos i have a set of gear that keeps getting changed whenever i have new gear.

Last edited: