• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
The sincerity of the devs is refreshing, honestly. It's not like the game is rotten at the core so I'm optimistic they can turn it around, especially if they can provide a hardcore survival mode without loot as they suggested.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
The sincerity of the devs is refreshing, honestly. It's not like the game is rotten at the core so I'm optimistic they can turn it around, especially if they can provide a hardcore survival mode without loot as they suggested.
Yeaa no f that . This is the third time Ubisoft has done this. Division 1 and 2 - hell even Siege- and now with this. How about not rushing or half-assing their own games. It gets tiring after awhile.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the game so far, but now I will have to stop and wait for the updates if they are adding more immersive systems to the single player.

Kind of sucks because I was looking forward to playing more, but if the game is going to be even better in a few months I guess I have to shelve it.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
It's more and more clear that jumping into a GAAS game on launch is never a good idea. You just have to wait a year to play a cheaper better version.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Why the fuck doesn't this game let me matchmake specific missions? It is the strangest design EVER for a game like this, especially as Division 2 lets you. I got dumped into a late-story mission the other day and was like WTF.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have around 30 hours in and despite the shortcomings I have enjoyed my time so far. I am at around 130 GS and am working through the story missions. So I press on and let it be known that any Auroa resident telling me to slow my roll gets a bullet in the kneecap...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I have around 30 hours in and despite the shortcomings I have enjoyed my time so far. I am at around 130 GS and am working through the story missions. So I press on and let it be known that any Auroa resident telling me to slow my roll gets a bullet in the kneecap...

whoa, slow your roll buddy

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the main story line and did a bunch of dicking around
Game has a ton of problems as detailed in my previous post
Not going to bother getting raid ready, game needs a lot of work

My Name is John Marston

Alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeaa no f that . This is the third time Ubisoft has done this. Division 1 and 2 - hell even Siege- and now with this. How about not rushing or half-assing their own games. It gets tiring after awhile.

That's why they delayed all their upcoming games. They're giving devs more time. Also, how would they listen to the community opinions if the game isn't out yet?

And Siege wasn't like this. Siege was good from the beginning. It just gained traction and became more popular with time.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
They deserve all the hate they can get. It's not the first time they've done this, just tired of them coming weeks after to say they are working on fixes. While at the same time making stupid claims in their investor calls about their broken games.

its...just a game what's wrong with you people? just don't buy it or ask for a refund....there is plenty of game to play out there

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
As the BP requirements increase, my daily battle points sessions have become...less interesting.

My next tier gets the sports car, so I think I'm going to stop there as I don't find the upper levels that attractive.

Are we expecting part 3 of the faction story soon?

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
As the BP requirements increase, my daily battle points sessions have become...less interesting.

My next tier gets the sports car, so I think I'm going to stop there as I don't find the upper levels that attractive.

Are we expecting part 3 of the faction story soon?

Next Tuesday. There's an in-game timer btw. Two new faction story missions every 21 days.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Still slowly roaming the map, gear score 183. I've killed 2700 people according to the stats. That's a lot of mercs lol

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Still slowly roaming the map, gear score 183. I've killed 2700 people according to the stats. That's a lot of mercs lol

You know you can sneak by a lot of them you monster

well I finished up the story today. Gear score really slowed to a trickle toward the end, finishing up around 217. Is it difficult to get to 250 via PvE?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
After finishing breakpoint I've gone back to wildlands, which I hadn't gotten too far in.

with all the updates and fixes they've made to that game, I can't believe they still haven't cut down the instances of "baby makes 3" and "come mierda culeros". Middle of a huge firefight, yes, I must taunt the people trying to kill me in their own language. Also when I am blowing up a pile of drugs and no one is around.

Jun 17, 2018
I've dropped this until the 'overhaul' patch comes out, I'm enjoying the game but there are some really annoying issues that I think they are addressing. Excited to jump back in!

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They plan to drop loot aspect and up survival elements - basically more immersive mode, but it won't be out for a few months at least.

There are two big patches planed this month, but they only fix some things and add another.

They haven't said how they'll change the loot and survival aspects so don't get your hopes up that one will go away while another gets bigger.

All they've said is:
"One of the key elements of our vision for Ghost Recon is to immerse our fans in a gritty and authentic military experience," Ubisoft said. "In line with this vision and the feedback we received, we are working on a more radical and immersive version of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. We also want to let you tailor your experience to the way you want to enjoy the game, since freedom of choice has always been part of the Ghost Recon DNA."

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
If they do disable loot/gear score it's hopefully in its own game mode (like Ghost Mode from Wildlands). Unlike the vocal part of the community I actually like the RPG/Looter Shooter elements.

We argued this before on the Discord, Ukumio. I understand that those elements keep you engaged, but they just don't belong in a tactical military shooter. The last thing I have in mind when I play a game like Ghost Recon is gearscore and what rolls my 416 has.

There are ways to keep players engaged without resorting to shallow looter shooter elements. More smart enemy A.I, have the Wolves be more threatening, etc...

Maybe they won't completely remove the looter shooter elements in Breakpoint, but I think the next Ghost Recon WILL NOT feature them

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
WTF? It started me from the beginning! it wiped my progress!

THANKS UBI!

EDIT: False alarm.. it's back! phew.

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Ubi said they were going to emphasize the survival elements more. This patch seems to reduce them?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Patch is great. Game should've launched in this state.

Now if they'd just add rotor downwash on the choppers...