• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
GRB_Timeline_PL_V7_960.jpg

Year 1 is comprised of three episodes:

• Episode 1: Operation Greenstone – Released October 4th, 2019
  • Episode 2: Winter 2020
  • Episode 3: Summer 2020
During each episode we'll be releasing the content from the road map over several regular updates so you'll have a steady stream of new things to engage with throughout the entire year!

With each episode, we will add a new adventure for you to explore that will continue the story of the main game.

Each adventure will be around five hours long and all players will be able to try the first part of the adventure (approximately an hour) for free! Access to the full adventure is given to all Year 1 Pass owners automatically.

During Year 1 we will introduce three new classes that can be played in both PvE and PvP.

We've just announced the first class coming to Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint in post-launch: the Engineer. This class will bring expertise in hacking and heavy weaponry.

Year 1 Pass owners will get one week early unlock to these classes.

Some more info about live events, raids, Ghost War updates, etc..

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love the roadmap before the game is even out.

As long as it's similar to Wildlands, I think most people will be really happy.

I wonder what kind of crossover stuff we'll get this time? Didn't they hint about Terminator stuff? Seems like a perfect fit with Skell Tech.

Also new story trailer!

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I love the roadmap before the game is even out.

As long as it's similar to Wildlands, I think most people will be really happy.

I wonder what kind of crossover stuff we'll get this time? Didn't they hint about Terminator stuff? Seems like a perfect fit with Skell Tech.

Also new story trailer!

The roadmap pic pretty much confirms that the special event for episode 1 is Terminator.

They must have a hefty amount of money to make those Terminator crossovers for dozens of games

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but all this does is make the game seem super overwhelming to me, it almost has the opposite intended reaction, it makes me think "jesus, that's all too much"

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so it is. Helps to read.

That being said, wonder what else we'll get. We got R6, Splinter Cell, other Ghost Recon game characters in Wildlands. I hope they do a bunch again. I'd love to see Sam Fisher on the island.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good news if there anyone who is going to play this game until 2020 summer

Last edited:

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I love Wildlands (it's my favourite TPS in fact) but what's this about classes ? Will I not be able to create my own custom Swiss Army knife soldier in this one ?

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I love Wildlands (it's my favourite TPS in fact) but what's this about classes ? Will I not be able to create my own custom Swiss Army knife soldier in this one ?

You have 4 classes. Assault, Field Medic, Panther, and Sharpshooter

They have their own class techniques, class-exclusive item, and bonuses depending on the class.

How you wear and what weapons you can play with is up to you. There are no weapon restrictions for classes.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Ah, so it is. Helps to read.

That being said, wonder what else we'll get. We got R6, Splinter Cell, other Ghost Recon game characters in Wildlands. I hope they do a bunch again. I'd love to see Sam Fisher on the island.

I can't imagine a 66 years old Sam Fisher would still be on the field by that time. He was 62 during the events of Wildlands.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I know is the game plays better than Wildlands. It felt good to play at PAX. That being said, my main issue with GRW was in this world where we were taking down cartel, it felt really odd that the world was so static considering their organization is being dismantled. There was no emergent or reactive element to you taking out large parts of their organization. So for me the open world formula in that way didn't feel great and I was pretty fatigued by the end of the game.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
You have 4 classes. Assault, Field Medic, Panther, and Sharpshooter

They have their own class techniques, class-exclusive item, and bonuses depending on the class.

How you wear and what weapons you can play with is up to you. There are no weapon restrictions for classes.

Thanks, this sounds interesting.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Actually, scratch what I said about Episode 2 earlier.

Looking at the roadmap again, it says that it'll last from February 2020 to May 2020. So I guess whoever wrote this made a typo