• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Wildlands was amazing and I wish Breakpoint was more like it in gameplay as well as location.

Interested to see what they come up with but I doubt it'll grab me as much as Wildlands.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sigh
The world wants more Splinter Cell, Ubisoft gives us literally everything else

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I think they've turned Breakpoint around a fair bit over the past few years. It's not flawless or anything, but better than how it launched. I believe they are going to keep supporting Breakpoint as well, they just updated its thumbnail with the "Ubisoft Original" branding and have been teasing new content in game.

Stands to reason this will be a multiplayer only side game of sorts.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i would welcome a return to a GRAW1/2 ghost recon in terms of complexity. judging by some of the comments in this thread i'm not going getting my hopes up. it's not going to be singleplayer? what? what else, is it going to be a f2p battle royal?

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh great, another FPS. Not like Ubisoft don't already have enough of those.

Why is it sooo hard to get a decent tactical 3rd person shooter these days.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not Open World Ubisoft Game, then it's probably something bad. Seems that's the hint some posters have given away here with this change.

Battle Royal or just a horde game. Something's going to be hijacked into a terrible pay-to-win mechanic, too. It'll be just as generic and cookie cutter as the typical A Ubisoft Original Open World Ubisoft Game typically is, and as always the case, have an absurd number of people who have worked on it to produce to the most vanilla, boring shit in the world.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I loved the old early Xbox Ghost Recon games. Had loads of fun playing online with friends against hoards of AI.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
It's a F2P mobile game isn't it.

GRAW was the first game I bought with my 360; those volumetric smoke and explosion effects will stay with me forever. All downhill since then.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Ubisoft makes Wildland, spends all its time making it good, then squanders it all. Most frustrating handling of IP of last gen. And that is saying a lot.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Ubisoft releases so many games and mostly sequels I never just catch up. I'm always thinking I might ge the latest iteration of this franchise to see what's up and I end up remembering they release the third iteration from there.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Visual Character customization was one of the few things people universally loved after the last two games.... FPS? 🤡

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I would hope a return to form means the more hardcore experience like the two GRAW games (my first experience with Ghost Recon) but I'm sure it'll be more like Future Warfighter. Which isn't bad, I replayed it a couple months ago co-op, but not entirely what I want out of these games.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Don't say old Ghost Recon unless you mean this

6910-3-tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon.jpg

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
Arguably going back to "old GR formula" would have them making GR to be very hardcore experience, as it started as spin-off from those old R6 games. Tactical FPS squad game.

But I imagine this means just return to linear arcady FPS experience.

I'd love for it to go back its roots.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
And Sam Fisher will appear in it despite not getting his own Splinter Cell game.
You might be more right than you know. They already have a mobile-game-ready set of Sam assets from that failed Elite Squad travesty of a game. All ready to go.

I really wish this would be a proper next-generation version of Future Soldier. That was the last time Ghost Recon felt Ghost Recon-y.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You might be more right than you know. They already have a mobile-game-ready set of Sam assets from that failed Elite Squad travesty of a game. All ready to go.

I really wish this would be a proper next-generation version of Future Soldier. That was the last time Ghost Recon felt Ghost Recon-y.

You know what, you are right. Future Soldier ghastly too bad of a reputation. I enjoyed it at the time. It's probably underrated and I would replay that before I ever touch any of those open world Ghost Recon games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.