• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft said:
Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting a second year of post-launch content, both for its campaign and its Ghost War PvP mode. In the coming months, four major updates – titled Special Operations – will be released for free, with each themed update adding new missions, items, rewards, and community-requested features. Special Operations I launches on April 10, adding a campaign mission and challenge with exclusive rewards. It will also introduce a new PvP game mode, Sabotage, with five exclusive maps as well as a new class and perks. Finally, it will add the ability to customize your AI teammates in the campaign with clothing you've unlocked for your own character.
Ghost Recon Wildlands' first year brought in more than 10 million players worldwide, and the developers remain committed to supporting the game.
Source: https://news.ubisoft.com/article/ghost-recon-wildlands-year-2-content-begins-april-10

There's also a season pass for lootcrates:

In addition to the free updates, players will be able to purchase a Year 2 pass for $29.99, giving them seven-day early access to the new Ghost War classes as well as a customization pack, four Special Ops crates, and four Ghost War crates, giving them more character-customization options in the campaign and Ghost War.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft games are getting crazy legs.

Congrats on their success, Wildlands was my GOTY last year. So much fun.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only played the ghost war beta but really enjoyed it. People complained about balance a lot when it first launched. Is that still an issue? Either way, Ubi's post launch support this gen has been fantastic.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft really deserves kudos for the kind of support they give their games.

Ghost War was what made me most interested in Wildlands, and I hope it can grow some legs. Personally, I hope it can be sold as a separate title, as it feels buried under the main game, and I dont care for Wildlands outside of the PvP.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit, customize your AI buddies' outfits? Finally. Hope this means their load outs come next (and the ability to turn them off).

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
No wonder I heard all Ubi games are the same! Their post games' support are similar to each other too.. theyit just keeps coming.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
how is this game compared to Siege? Are they basically the same thing/type of game?

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
A bit off topic -

So Wildlands gets a second season of content, Rainbow Six is periodicaly updated, yet their latest game in their biggest IP (AC Origins) is done after 5 months since release... Hmm if that doesn't scream new AC this fall, I don't know what else.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Does Wildlands PVP scratch that SOCOM itch?

I'm certain I've asked this before, but I want as many opinions as possible.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Was there any campaign DLC released in Year 1? I 100%-ted the campaign solo, but if there is some more campaign in the Season Pass I might consider buying it in the next sale.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Was there any campaign DLC released in Year 1? I 100%-ted the campaign solo, but if there is some more campaign in the Season Pass I might consider buying it in the next sale.
IIRC there were two singleplayer DLCs, but you should double check that before picking it up.

Oct 25, 2017
A bit off topic -

So Wildlands gets a second season of content, Rainbow Six is periodicaly updated, yet their latest game in their biggest IP (AC Origins) is done after 5 months since release... Hmm if that doesn't scream new AC this fall, I don't know what else.

Nope. Yves said they have more planned for Origins yet, we just don't know about it. He said we will be "amazed".

Does Wildlands PVP scratch that SOCOM itch?

I'm certain I've asked this before, but I want as many opinions as possible.

It's been a really long time since I've played SOCOM, but I'd say yes.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
how is this game compared to Siege? Are they basically the same thing/type of game?

Not in slightest. Siege is tactical FPS focused purely on quick 5v5 pvp matches in close quarters while Wildlands is open-world TPS sp/coop GTA-like game with focus on completing missions your own way (stealth, rambo, sniping etc.).

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Were the siege operators added? I haven't booted up in awhile? I thought they were adding them to single player or something?

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not in slightest. Siege is tactical FPS focused purely on quick 5v5 pvp matches in close quarters while Wildlands is open-world sp/coop GTA-like game with focus on completing missions your own way (stealth, rambo, sniping etc.).
oh wow thx for da reply, I had no idea

So Wildlands is more of a PVE game? if so I much prefer that (don't like PVP much nowdays), so this sounds kool!

I like coop PVE games

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017

So Wildlands is more of a PVE game? if so I much prefer that (don't like PVP much nowdays), so this sounds kool!

I like coop PVE games
It has both. The PVP is more like SOCOM than Siege. It's big and open but slow and methodical. I think it's great.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Ubisoft continuing to be amazing.

They deserve all the congrats!

(and this is coming from someone who hated the game on beta)

Oct 25, 2017
That was later debunked by community manager at Reddit. Yves meant Discovery tour and Curse of the Pharaohs dlc. Both unreleased at that time. Since than Ubi several times repeated that's it for Origins as far as big updates goes.

You got a link to the debunking? Would be strange for Yves to say we will be "amazed" by stuff they had already teased and was known about.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game fun playing solo or not?

I played about 50% solo and 50% co-op and I had a blast both ways. The AI companions are fine, not great, but fine. The vistas are gorgeous.

I like coop PVE games

It's a fantastic co-op PvE game. 4 players! There is also 4 player team PvP if you're into that as well. That's the Ghost War mode.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they're so committed to updating this game, then they should start be tweaking the mechanics and shooting.

The action in this game is only average at its best and cluncky as all hell at its worst.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game fun playing solo or not?

It's obviously better and more fun in coop but you can easily enjoy it even in SP. I posted it only in SP because my friend don't have it and I don't enjoy public (toxicity, want to play at my own pace). It can sometimes get monotonous in SP and that's why I tend to finish few missions, play in around 1 hour sorry bursts, move onto something else and then return to it later.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
If they're so committed to updating this game, then they should start be tweaking the mechanics and shooting.

The action in this game is only average at its best and cluncky as all hell at its worst.
Yeah

This reminds me of ESO, where the post-launch support has been top notch, but they haven't bothered to fix the core issue, which is the gameplay

Wildlands is still enjoyable though, even with that mechanical jank

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm i would've expected a bigger player number for one of the biggest multiplatform games of the last year.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, The Division and even The Crew and For Honor all getting good post-release support both in terms of content, patches and community interactions. It's good to see and experience, and Ubisoft have done a great job recruiting and engaging with the community who enjoy their games. They've constantly been asking for feedback on their games, community and general practises too. So when you hear the likes of Bungie say "we're listening", it's nice to know Ubisoft are listening and acting.

Strangely Ghost Recon is the only one I haven't picked up yet, so it might time to change that!

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
You got a link to the debunking? Would be strange for Yves to say we will be "amazed" by stuff they had already teased and was known about.
Well here's their blog post from March. https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-319817-16/this-month-in-assassins-creed®-origins-march
This month marks the arrival of the second and final DLC, The Curse of the Pharaohs leading Bayek onto a complete new journey, some new title updates and more. Here's what we have in store for you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinsc...s_curse_of_the_pharaohs_the_last_dlc_for_aco/
Curse of the Pharaoh's is the final Story DLC for AC:O.

There may be other updates, but none of them story related, nor expansions. This includes, but is not limited to: Weapons Packs, trials of the gods, in game changes or fixes.

There's more, but I won't bother looking through 2 months of Reddit threads.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The only reason I haven't bought this at this point is lack of free time, but they've done an excellent job with follow-up support. I'm long overdue for a tactical shooter.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
IIRC there were two singleplayer DLCs, but you should double check that before picking it up.
Yea there were 2.

Narco Road and Fallen Ghosts. They both added some new missions, weapons, support items, enemy types (stealth enemies, etc.) and gameplay explorations. I bought FG but not NR based on feedback. Really loved it although it was kind of short. Still worth the price.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft really cracked the code on how to market games to the not so core gamer crowd.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Super impressive that Ubi have finally nailed down how to make great games and keep them alive for more than the first 6 months. All it took was to k ow that if they support the titles after launch instead of just moving on to the next project, that the community would embrace it and keep it going!

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Yea there were 2.

Narco Road and Fallen Ghosts. They both added some new missions, weapons, support items, enemy types (stealth enemies, etc.) and gameplay explorations. I bought FG but not NR based on feedback. Really loved it although it was kind of short. Still worth the price.
Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for FG than.