• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Have you been cheating/ghosting in your life or did someone ghost or cheat on you?

How did you deal with it?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I've had to ghost more than a few gay guys because they can be quite shall we say "pushy" if rejected.

Otherwise a friend did ghost on me and our social group from High school. Asked if I wanted to hang out, my reply was "Yeah, what time?" And then radio silence forever. Dissapeared completely.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Why is ghosting on the same level as cheating. It's a lot easier to ghost a woman than explain to her why you don't want a second date. After the second time you have to hang up in the middle of being yelled at you learn to just disappear.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Is ghosting dating specific or can you ghost your parents? Because I did that

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Think I was 18? My best friend and I at the time were playing some co-op game but his phone went off. Well, we were just about to play as we just got set up. Everything was all good. I tried calling back but no response. This was strange but I just figured he had something to do so I tried calling the next day, then the next week, then the next month, then many months later, then after about year I never got a response.

This is also someone who one time called me like 20 times in one day. Like we were really close then he just stopped talking to me. I have no idea what happened to this very day and it certainly broke my heart. Things were fine then he just...vanished.

And yes he's still alive and such.

Flabber

Oct 31, 2017
My last relationship ended because of cheating - she cheated on me after 8 years together with a colleague and honestly she had her reasons, I was never abusive but I was depressed and not fun to be around and doing nothing to make it better, and while I could point the finger at her and say she should have been helping me instead of out fucking some other dude I do appreciate that when I'm not fun to be around I really am not fun to be around, like depression has a contagious element to it sometimes.

Anyway, she tried to break up with me while I was oblivious to the affair, I broke down and finally admitted to myself I was depressed and started getting help, she didn't break up with me and did break up with the other guy. Three months later I find out about the affair while we're making plans to move abroad together because the other dude was trying to start it up again. We tried making it work but I just don't know how you get over that happening to your relationship - we gave it six months before calling the relationship dead.

We've kept sporadic contact - we were together for near enough 10 years and very close with each others' families, but I've not been able to reply to the last message she sent me a couple of months ago. I have a new girlfriend who is lovely, but my ex and I had built a whole life together and I still miss what could have been with her if she hadn't had the affair or if we'd been able to work through it afterwards. She still has my Wii U though so I'm going to need to reply at some point...

peach_loaf

Banned
Jul 9, 2018
It is happening to me right now. I don't know what to do with the person I have been living with for 5 years any more.

A guy in my girlfriend's class asked her out to discuss art projects. She promised me that was not a date, I believed.

They started texting each other quite frequently but I take that as her talking to just one of her friends.

One Thursday after class she told me she was going somewhere with a friend I know. She came back around 1am, just said she felt tired and went to sleep. I started to feel unhappy about what was going on, but didn't know what to do other than being somewhat grumpy when talking to her.

The next Wednesday she told me she would go to south of the city with the same friend again. I showed my discontent but nothing more. On Thursday the last message I got from her was 4:30. I felt sleepy at 10:30 so went to sleep early, thought she would be home around 1am again. I woke up at 5am and she hadn't been home yet. To be honest, the only emotion I had was feeling worried. I called her multiple times and she finally picked up, told me she was at that man's house. It was like a punch in the chest for me and I yelled at her in the phone instantly.

She came back home, told me nothing physical happened, she just enjoyed talking to this person and she had the right to do that. She wanted to remind me that we started as an open relationship (though we factually had been exclusive) but I told her it had been 5 years and it was not the same for me any more. A few minutes after, she said I was the priority of her life and she would cool off the thing with him. Though we both agreed we still needed to talk as there was some disparity in our views on this relationship. Things went back to normal again, I was such an idiot.

One week later, she had an art show incoming and I put off all my works to help her set up stuffs that Friday. The opening reception was good and she planned to go to the bar with the few fellow artists. I had to do the works I did put aside so I didn't join but would pick her up later. Around 1:45 she texted me to pick her up. I didn't realize anything but felt something not so right the second day. It turned out that the bar closed at 1am. I tried to make it like I knew nothing til the next Friday. I called the bar to ask about their hours to make sure. Bingo. I also checked her text and calling history (which I had never done before). Well, she called him at 11:43 and 11:47 pm the previous Friday.

I tried to confront her. She admitted that she went to his house after drinking and stayed for an hour and called an Uber back to the bar. She hid this from me because she thought I was not going to react well. But according to her, I shouldn't be angry at all because she wasn't having an affair or cheating or anything.

Fuck her. We will still live together till the end of July but I don't want to trust one more word from her anymore.

Last edited:

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I never ghosted anyone.
Have been ghosted and cheated on before... And to quickly qualify the cheating, it was high school it was barely a real relationship but it was as real as it got back then.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Why is ghosting on the same level as cheating. It's a lot easier to ghost a woman than explain to her why you don't want a second date. After the second time you have to hang up in the middle of being yelled at you learn to just disappear.

I wouldn't say it's on the same level but it is a dick move.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I Was Just 14
When my parents built a very strange machine
It was designed to view a world unseen

When it didn't quite work, my folks they just quit
then I took a look inside of it
there was a great big flash
every thing just changed
My molecules got all rearranged

When I first woke up I realized I had snow white hair

and glowin' green eyes
I could walk through walls, disappear, and fly
I was much more unique than the other guys

It was then that I knew what I had to do
I had to stop all the ghosts who were coming through
I'm here to fight
for me and you

And then my girlfriend cheated on me and we broke up

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ghosting and cheating are not on the same level unless you are ghosting your wife and kids or something.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I Was Just 14
When my parents built a very strange machine
It was designed to view a world unseen

When it didn't quite work, my folks they just quit
then I took a look inside of it
there was a great big flash
every thing just changed
My molecules got all rearranged

When I first woke up I realized I had snow white hair

and glowin' green eyes
I could walk through walls, disappear, and fly
I was much more unique than the other guys

It was then that I knew what I had to do
I had to stop all the ghosts who were coming through
I'm here to fight
for me and you

"Sam, this just isn't working out. I'm GOING GHOST!"

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
ive ghosted twice before, and i feel really bad about both times. one was with a girl i had been going on a few dates with who was really rad, but i just wasnt physically attracted to her. after the fourth or so date, i did actually text her and tell her that i was having a great time on the dates but that i just wasnt looking for anything serious (which was true, i wasnt dating anyone else seriously/exclusively and didnt for the next few years), but chickened out after that and never contacted her again. dick move, but i had only recently finally gotten out of a decade long mess of an on-off again relationship and was just learning how to navigate adult dating. still, no excuse.

the second time was just general correspondence with this really great woman, still early stages of getting to know each other. i kind of had a feeling i wasnt going to go very far with her (she had kids - i dont want any kids), but i think both of us were on the "'casual thing" page. anyway, it never made it that far. we were talking a LOT, and our texts back and forth to each other got to be like, multiples of multiple paragraphs, and during a really busy week at work (overtime, so 4 or 5 days of 12+ hours each) i didnt really get a chance to respond, and by the time i realized i could have just sent a courtesy "hey, really busy with work, im sorry, ill get back to you ASAP!" it had been a few days, and - again - i kind of very cowardly just let it go. again, total dick move.

since then, ive learned to be much more frank and honest and it never occurred again... also, im engaged to be married now, so...

as far as cheating goes, NEVER have and NEVER will. there is a very strong possibility i was cheated on during my Ten Year Mess, but thats whatever - i knew the person i was with and how things were going, and it didnt hurt me so much as helped me to (eventually) realize that we both needed to move on. infidelity is a huge issue for me, and i dont think theres ever an excuse. ive been in open/semi-open relationships, exclusively (for health/safety) casually sexual couplings, involved in kink scene, and still never found a scenario or excuse where cheating would be justified.

EDIT:
I've had to ghost more than a few gay guys because they can be quite shall we say "pushy" if rejected.

Otherwise a friend did ghost on me and our social group from High school. Asked if I wanted to hang out, my reply was "Yeah, what time?" And then radio silence forever. Dissapeared completely.

sorry, i was wrong - this x1000, i had to ghost on a gay dude before because he was just blowing up my shit after i didnt really want to meet him again. i STILL get e-mails from him every once in awhile. so, three times, i guess.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked why this dude jumped out of his skin and left abruptly after I came home one day seeing as we were all friends. She says she didn't cheat on me. I ask how long it had been going on for. She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked her to explain the many late shifts when your manager told me you'd already left. She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked her to stop lying and not for my sake but for hers. She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked her why his new profile picture had what appeared to be my bedsheets in it. She says she didn't cheat on me. I called him and asked "hiya mate, weird one but have you been fucking my girlfriend while I've been at work by any chance?" "oh she told you? Sorry man. Yeah, my bad". She says she didn't cheat on me. Weird.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked why this dude jumped out of his skin and left abruptly after I came home one day seeing as we were all friends. She says she didn't cheat on me. I ask how long it had been going on for. She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked her to explain the many late shifts when your manager told me you'd already left. She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked her to stop lying and not for my sake but for hers. She says she didn't cheat on me. I asked her why his new profile picture had what appeared to be my bedsheets in it. She says she didn't cheat on me. I called him and asked "hiya mate, weird one but have you been fucking my girlfriend while I've been at work by any chance?" "oh she told you? Sorry man. Yeah, my bad". She says she didn't cheat on me. Weird.
Hmm maybe she didn't.

Oct 25, 2017
The most recent episode of This American Life had an opening segment on ghosting which I found interesting, particularly the idea that it's at the intersection of cowardice (with people trying to justify it as better for everyone involved versus a real breakup) and convenience and practicality (especially if you're serial dating.)

The fact that people would ghost on months-long relationships boggled me.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was going out with this chick, I liked her and we went on a date but she would tell me that she didn't want a relationship, i left her a message, she never replied.. neither did i

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Social media has made this like a regular occurrence anymore. Thank god I don't have to deal with it but man, it seems like both sexes just go from one to the next anymore without any regard for the person they are currently with

Jul 18, 2018
Was a chick on this dating site... Something fish...was while back. Messaged a lot for couple weeks, sent pictures that seemed legit of various things. Set up a late lunch/coffee date after work. Was at table, had to go bathroom, but I set up reservations etc. As I walk back, notice the chick is complete opposite of pictures. Even a different race. Messaged via app, saw her look at phone. I dipped. Never responded back, just straight up dipped and ghosted.

I can't be certain, but month later. This woman messaged me and got along via text. Before suggesting to meet up. She went bonkers randomly and started harassing me and calling me out and this and that. I'm like 100% certain it was this same person. Luckily met my long term GF on there same month so phew

Oct 25, 2017
Think I was 18? My best friend and I at the time were playing some co-op game but his phone went off. Well, we were just about to play as we just got set up. Everything was all good. I tried calling back but no response. This was strange but I just figured he had something to do so I tried calling the next day, then the next week, then the next month, then many months later, then after about year I never got a response.

This is also someone who one time called me like 20 times in one day. Like we were really close then he just stopped talking to me. I have no idea what happened to this very day and it certainly broke my heart. Things were fine then he just...vanished.

And yes he's still alive and such.
That is really weird. Did you know where he/she lived, or did you go to the same school or anywhere you would run into this person face-to-face?

Maybe their significant other was jealous of the attention you were getting and put a stop to your friendship? Or an overbearing parent did? So weird.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
What are we considering ghosting? Because if I just let a conversation drop off from a person I either a) never met or b) had coffee or drinks with 1-3 times, then I don't really feel bad; I don't know these people, especially if it's online dating, and I'd think the first few dates are just seeing if our personalities click.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it called ghosting

Ghosts haunt you/stick around and never want to leave

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know if this counts as ghosting since we never went on a date, but me and a Tinder Match exchanged numbers. Started off pretty normal until she starting talking about the pineal gland and talking about "out of body" experiences and tapping into a deeper subconscious.

After that I stopped all contact even when she kept on calling and texting. I had experience with mild crazy before, wasn't going down that path again.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Dated a queer chick for a bit. One day, when we're together she gets serious, and tells me she's polyamorous. I was like that's cool with me. Make plans to go out on the weekend. Didn't hear from her for a few days. By the time the weekend came around, I finally figured out she had given me a half-assed brushoff. Never heard from her again and I didn't bother trying to contact her.

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Social media has made this like a regular occurrence anymore. Thank god I don't have to deal with it but man, it seems like both sexes just go from one to the next anymore without any regard for the person they are currently with

[pedant] Why do you use "anymore" in these sentences? it's both unnecessary to get your point across and used incorrectly grammatically. [/pedant]

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is really weird. Did you know where he/she lived, or did you go to the same school or anywhere you would run into this person face-to-face?

Maybe their significant other was jealous of the attention you were getting and put a stop to your friendship? Or an overbearing parent did? So weird.
Hmm... I don't think it was something like a relationship per se.

From what little I know from what his brother told me a long time ago he just changed one day. My speculation is that he started hanging with a bad crowd at his school and he may have dropped me out of the blue because of this.

However it was completely uncharacteristic for him so I'm assuming something did happen to annoy him even if it wasn't related to me per se. I've thought about trying to go talk to him it's been like 10 years since this all happened so that's a long time. Part of me resents him and I ended up finding a much better friend whom pretty much completes me? So at this point it'd only be to sate my curiosity.

Oct 25, 2017
China
What are we considering ghosting? Because if I just let a conversation drop off from a person I either a) never met or b) had coffee or drinks with 1-3 times, then I don't really feel bad; I don't know these people, especially if it's online dating, and I'd think the first few dates are just seeing if our personalities click.
Ghosting originally in dating terms was used when someone you were actually in a relationship just disappears and stops responding to calls and messages hoping you'll get the "hint" instead of having the break-up talk.

Now it includes people like you say might have only met 1-3 times no longer responding to you. It's just part of modern dating because too many people you barely know cannot accept rejection and react badly, both men and women.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
If you use dating apps you'll get a lot of ghosting. It hurts at first then you learn to not care.

I never did that to anyone though, I'd rather explain, even via text, why I'm not interested than not responding.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Yes, Ghosted someone last October by severing all social media connection and deleting contact.

It's not her fault though as much as it is just my misunderstanding of the situation and me 'ghosting' her is just my way of 'moving on'. Having her in my connection and number in my phone will give me the opportunity and temptation to......'fall back' and that's not something i want. I want to move on for my own sake and it's not like both of us are ever any sort of close friends so in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matters to her or myself.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I dated a girl a long time ago who ghosted me out of nowhere. Like, one minute she's full on, sending me nudes, begging me to come back and fuck her, telling me that she's so happy she's met me, and an hour later....gone, I'm blocked on every possible media I can contact her on and to this day I have no idea what I did or said for her to do that.

It's not so much the ghosting itself that bothers me, it's the cowardice of not explaining why you don't want to talk or see a person ever again.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
It is happening to me right now. I don't know what to do with the person I have been living with for 5 years any more.

A guy in my girlfriend's class asked her out to discuss art projects. She promised me that was not a date, I believed.

They started texting each other quite frequently but I take that as her talking to just one of her friends.

One Thursday after class she told me she was going somewhere with a friend I know. She came back around 1am, just said she felt tired and went to sleep. I started to feel unhappy about what was going on, but didn't know what to do other than being somewhat grumpy when talking to her.

The next Wednesday she told me she would go to south of the city with the same friend again. I showed my discontent but nothing more. On Thursday the last message I got from her was 4:30. I felt sleepy at 10:30 so went to sleep early, thought she would be home around 1am again. I woke up at 5am and she hadn't been home yet. To be honest, the only emotion I had was feeling worried. I called her multiple times and she finally picked up, told me she was at that man's house. It was like a punch in the chest for me and I yelled at her in the phone instantly.

She came back home, told me nothing physical happened, she just enjoyed talking to this person and she had the right to do that. She wanted to remind me that we started as an open relationship (though we factually had been exclusive) but I told her it had been 5 years and it was not the same for me any more. A few minutes after, she said I was the priority of her life and she would cool off the thing with him. Though we both agreed we still needed to talk as there was some disparity in our views on this relationship. Things went back to normal again, I was such an idiot.

One week later, she had an art show incoming and I put off all my works to help her set up stuffs that Friday. The opening reception was good and she planned to go to the bar with the few fellow artists. I had to do the works I did put aside so I didn't join but would pick her up later. Around 1:45 she texted me to pick her up. I didn't realize anything but felt something not so right the second day. It turned out that the bar closed at 1am. I tried to make it like I knew nothing til the next Friday. I called the bar to ask about their hours to make sure. Bingo. I also checked her text and calling history (which I had never done before). Well, she called him at 11:43 and 11:47 pm the previous Friday.

I tried to confront her. She admitted that she went to his house after drinking and stayed for an hour and called an Uber back to the bar. She hid this from me because she thought I was not going to react well. But according to her, I shouldn't be angry at all because she wasn't having an affair or cheating or anything.

Fuck her. We will still live together till the end of July but I don't want to trust one more word from her anymore.

I had something similar with my last girlfriend and i know how fucking painful it is to be in a situation like this. I'm so sorry man.
This is what scares me deeply, the fact that you invest so much time in one particular person and in a blink of an eye everything you worked for and loved is wasted.
It's chilling.
I hope you'll get through, if you need to talk you can PM me anytime.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I had a girlfriend in middle school. I kind of just stopped talking to her. I know it was shitty, I felt shitty. I ended up telling her how I felt about it all. Still feel shitty about it but I was very young.

It did teach me a lot about what a relationship means and how to properly nurture one.

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately, I was the one that did the ghosting to that woman back in 2017. It was at a job fair (2015) and I noticed her leering at me for quite a while. Now, I'm not used to getting attention from people so that made me feel uncomfortable and I never quite knew what to make of it. Then she actively pursued me at the job fair to strike up a conversation. I didn't really think much of it, but I was really just there to hand in my resume, network with executives, and move on. It's why I didn't really bother to give her my contact information. It wasn't until a few weeks later that she found my facebook profile and added me. Again, I wasn't used to this so I had no idea, then it dawned on me when one of my friends said that she staredown was probably attraction at work. I dismissed it on the grounds that no one would just staredown to express attraction (but really, it was my insecurity that refused to believe someone would look at me that way).

Either way, I accepted her request, and things were slow to start. I just got a job as a stock guy working 8-10 hours daily with weekends off. She'd often send me messages which I ignored due to tiredness and not really being in the mood to strike up anything. When I did talk to her, there would be hours in between messages. She claimed that she was beginning to feel more attracted to me than before, whereas with the exception of a few off-putting moments from her, I was generally indifferent to her. Fast forward to 2017, where a family member of mine is about to get married so that gets me thinking about my long-term prospects and considering potential partners. I talked to her more often, and took the advice from my friends that told me to start giving people a chance before writing them off.

At this point, I realized I made a huge mistake, she was starting to become emotionally invested in me and I panicked. I ghosted her for large stretches of time (I think it was a few weeks to almost 2 months) to delay the inevitable. My friends talked some sense into me and got me to tell her how I actually felt. From there, it was never the same. I can tell that I took a massive dump on her confidence, and that she likely had a different view of men now as a result of my actions. I know I wasted her time, and I've certainly learned that this is not how you handle rejecting people. As a result, I now know it's better to tell someone upfront than to wait months/years later.

Frunobulax

Apr 10, 2019
I've been married since the advent of the information age so I guess I've ghosted every ex as they've ghosted me.
I've never ignored anybody intentionally though. I honestly wouldn't ever ignore anybody irl, that's just not something I'd do.
Even if my mind was totally shattered and I was was silently marching somebody who raped and killed my entire family to the last chair they were ever going to be sitting in on what would also be my last day on earth in the worst suicide-inducing hellscape scenario I can think of, if they were like "mmmph" I'd probably at least say "I can't understand you right now".

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I've never cheated, I've been cheated on. I've ghosted and been ghosted, but not on something serious. I've had a particular match on tinder last year with a girl that we really clicked on through the app. Like, we'd spend all day texting. At the time I was kinda trying to get over the person that cheated on me (honestly, I still am), and we agreed to 2 dates at once, one first at a coffee shop and then a movie for the second one. We went on the first date, and I don't remember anything going particularly wrong, but also not great. We talked for about an hour and part our ways.
After a bit I send a message and I notice that she's taking a lot longer to reply that she used to. We talk a bit and she says she's going to bed. In the morning I was blocked. I dunno, that was surprising lol

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For example you start talking to a girl on a dating app, you talks for weeks, maybe you're even a couple now. Then suddenly you stop all communication with them and block any incoming communication from them.

I get ya.

I wouldnt use dating apps. And i wouldnt do that. I would tell them to leave me alone.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
When you're done dealing with someone why drag it out? Block their number and move on.

I had a friend who became annoying and I just stopped talking to him. It's been 15 years now and its never been an issue.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't ghost out of nowhere, but I will say "I don't think this is going to work out, sorry." and disappear. Which is a lot better in my mind than simply stopping contact with no indication that you're moving on to something else, which is kind of shitty. I have had to block a couple of women who didn't take kindly to that but thems the breaks.

My ex used to ghost me as punishment if I did something to upset her, like not being able to see her or doing something she thought was embarrassing in front of her friends. She wouldn't give any sort of indication if she was okay or if we were even still dating, she'd just drop all contact until one or two weeks had passed and then come back like nothing had happened. The final straw for that relationship was just continuing to ignore me while I had an especially terrible day because she had to, in her words, uphold her own honor and not reestablish contact too soon.

Last edited:

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
When you ultra ignore someone

Is that what it is? No communication at all to me makes some level of sense. I at least figure out they're not interested. What's it called when you ask someone out, they agree, then disappear the day of (or weekend of)? It's not quite getting stood up...where you agree on a place/time and then they just don't show. And it might happen more than once (communication picks back up, they disappear again, etc.)? Ultra-flaky? This has happened to me in a few slightly different ways.

Nov 23, 2017
I cheated on my first girlfriend when I made out with a girl at a party in college. At the time, my girlfriend and I were both virgins and she didn't want sex. It was absolutely wrong to do that and my ex didn't find out. We broke up a few months later because we were just tired and didn't do much together.

I cheated on my second girlfriend after 2 years of being with her. I cheated on her with a transwoman and got caught in the act. I didn't answer my phone and she barged in the apartment. This again, absolutely wrong. For context sake on this one, I fell out of love with her and was very much attracted to transwomen so I just wanted to know where I stood and this was my approach to doing that. We didn't break up until after she graduated college. She used me to buy her food and help her move out and then she broke up with me same day. Quite frankly, that was pretty savage and I was impressed. Definitely a fitting ending to the relationship. I hate how I broke her heart but I was glad that it was over with. Her parents were really religious and didn't like the fact that I'm an atheist and LGBT. She never handled her problems well and pretty much used me as an emotional sleeve. I Definitely don't miss her or them.

I took a 2 year break from relationships to assess myself as a human being. I needed to know who I was and what I wanted before I dated more people because I didn't want to break any more hearts. I explored the kink scene a bit and had some conversations with polyamourous folks and that's what I decided to be. I found a new girl and we hit it off real well. She was ok with being poly and we started being a thing a couple months in. This was in 2014. Now we're engaged. I couldn't be happier. I've also transitioned from man to woman in this time and with both of us being bi, that worked out fine.

I've learned some hard lessons but I'm glad I'm a better person for it and am very happy with my fiancee.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Ghosted a girl when I was younger and less mature I guess. She quickly started demanding that I never smoke weed and became overly attached extremely fast.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I do it all the time with work. There are companies and organizations that we do not want to work with, despite their wanting to work with us. Sometimes they'll follow up with messages asking why, telling us we should reconsider, etc. I just don't respond to their email or phone calls.

My mother in law got ghosted from a 2.5 year relationship. She wasn't able to make it to be a date at a wedding he was invited to, and he never responded to her again. It broke her heart, since it was the first sense of a relationship she'd had since her divorce...where her husband cheated on her multiple times. To this day, I've always said that if I see the guy I'm giving him a piece of my mind.