• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The international video game publisher 505 Games, a subsidiary of Digital Bros Group, which is listed on the STAR segment of Borsa Italiana, announces the agreement with One More Level for the development and the publication of the second version of the Ghostrunner video game on both PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S.

In the wake of the continuous success and the most recent acquisition of the video game's intellectual property (IP), the Group doubles its investment for the creation of Ghostrunner 2, contributing with an initial budget of Euro 5 million. Ghostrunner is a brand with a great potential, capable of contributing for a long time to the 505 Games product portfolio.

For the production of Ghostrunner 2, 505 Games renews its collaboration with the Polish studio One More Level, the developers of the first version of the video game.

Ghostrunner is a first-person cyberpunk action video game set in a grim, dystopian future. Since its launch in October 2020, it has sold over 600,000 copies proving to be a very successful video game, appreciated by players all around the world. By the end of 2021, Ghostrunner will also be available on next-gen consoles.

"We are particularly excited about the future release of Ghostrunner 2. Together with One More Level, we have created a thrilling and engaging video game." comments Raffaele Galante, co-CEO of Digital Bros with his brother Rami. "This new collaboration deepens 505 Games presence within the Polish videogame market, a reality now among the firsts in Europe for the development of video games, new projects and talents. We will continue to pay close attention to the Polish market to constantly improve and expand our product portfolio with video games capable of satisfying the tastes of the entire gaming community."
E1SjUV4XsAc6XbK

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Game is fantastic, can't wait for more

It's basically katana zero with titanfall movement god bless

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's a quick announcement. the game is already a looker so can't wait to see how it takes advantage of the hardware. better RT effects, hopefully

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Bought the game day one and for whatever reason I just can't get into the groove of the combat and movement.

I've played similar games and loved them but for whatever reason I haven't connected with this one yet.

Still, good for them. Clearly lots of people love it.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I always wanted to play the first one but the fact that it's heavy on trial and error completely put me off. It sucks because it looks like a fun game and the setting is right up my alley.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly hated the first one. Horrible combat design. Too bad because traversal is so fun but the combat never should have been hit scan one hit death.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the demo, bought the full game but haven't had time to play it yet. Need to find time, this is good news

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I play the demo but I feel it difficult and a bit limited. Google say there are abilities, I guess that help you in the game.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna hold off of this one since it's 505 tbh. Not been very impressed with them for some time. Control was the most egregious example but there have been a number of others that have just been pretty pathetically incompetent. Glad to see these talented devs get some success though.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly hated the first one. Horrible combat design. Too bad because traversal is so fun but the combat never should have been hit scan one hit death.
Felt like I could run the same scenario 15 times the same way each time and get 15 different outcomes due to the enemies never reacting consistently. Feels real bad in a trial and error one-hit-kill game.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like I could run the same scenario 15 times the same way each time and get 15 different outcomes due to the enemies never reacting consistently. Feels real bad in a trial and error one-hit-kill game.

this and the mid air side dodge being slower than the enemies rate of fire so you dodge the first hitscan shot but you are out of a mid air dash and not closer to the enemy thus vulnerable to the second shot, in a random pattern of shooting like you mentioned. Just infuriating. Sadly I wanted to lvoe the game but the combat just broke any will I had to play it further

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The 'combat' is essentially just another platform challenge, as long as you keep moving and don't run in a straight line at enemies, they'll miss.

The enemies will react the same way but the thing is that your execution/timing isn't exactly the same everytime. You can definitely always find multiple solutions that work consistantly for every level though.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Played enough of Ghostrunner to be disappointed by it, but also absolutely day fucking one for a Ghostrunner 2.

There is a core of fluid in-the-zone movement and action bliss, but its got some plodding exposition/platforming sections and ridonkulous trial and error sections (non-combat) that are anything but.

So by all means bring it on, please and thank you.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Game was hard as fuck bruh. Barely managed to beat the final level. I don't know if I can do all that again. But I damn well enjoyed it for what it was.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Happy for them, although I still need to play the first one. Hopefully the PS5 version arrives soon.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Could've sold more on PC at least, had they priced the game $10 lower and offered deeper discounts than just 50% or 60%.. plus if they had offered some better regional pricing..

Based on SteamDB's review multiplication method.. the original game has owner estimates between 482,760...1,448,280 range... which has proved to be true for a couple of games like valheim and Tale of immortal..

So the game at the very least sold 480K on PC..likely..

Pancracio17

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I havent played the first one, but im interested in trying it out. Glad it sold well.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't a next-gen version (or at least patch) of the first game only recently announced? Haven't got the game yet, but I like the cyberpunk aestethic and loved Katana Zero. Will definitely give this a try down the line.

Good to know that it's successful enough to warrant a sequel.