• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
image0.png
Delete if already posted.

makes sense if they want to release last of us 2 in ghosts spot

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
frick

Not super surprised if it turns out to be delayed, although Aug 1st is a Saturday which doesn't really make sense

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
okay guess Last of Us was delayed a month after all? sounds like a placeholder

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Is it happening?

I want to see what Naughty Dog have done with Last Of Us 2 so bad I hope its June. It should be nice for Sucker Punch to get an extra month too.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the date itself is probably place holder as its saturday, but i guess the last of us part 2 is taking ghost of tsushima's june 26th slot and ghost of tsushima will release in early august.
Sony really doesnt want to release those games with the PS5 lol.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Dammit this was the last PS4 game I was interested in. Looks like TLOU is going to get its spot after all

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this means TLOU2 took its spot at least. August sounds good. Uncharted The Lost Legacy was released in August IIRC.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
This ones hurts. Wasn't interested in TLoU2 but was extremely interested by GoT. Also this seems like it going to affect the PS5 reveal schedule. Was expecting them to start revealing PS5 and games after the release of GoT. Before Covid 19 became an issue I believed this was the case as not to dampen hype for there remaining two games. Alas I don't think they can avoid that any longer.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If TLOU had any hand in this then fuck that game. I already wasn't interested in it and now I am even more so.

Hope this is wrong.
Washington state was the initial hot spot for COVID in the US. If TLOU is getting delayed and it's essentially done, what do you think is going to happen to a game whose studio was told to work from home sooner and was releasing later?

Oct 27, 2017
Washington state was the initial hot spot for COVID in the US. If TLOU is getting delayed and it's essentially done, what do you think is going to happen to a game whose studio was told to work from home sooner and was releasing later?
As I said, if Last of Us is the reason amd the game is gold (Ghost) then fuck that game.

If Ghost is delayed for other reasons then I am fine with it.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be bummed if the delay was because of TLOU2.

If it's due to COVID-19 and the devs not being able to work on it, then by all means, take as much time as you need. Just please don't delay it because of TLOU2 Sony, not again.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
I was hoping that Ghost would come out earlier and that it is already complete to take TLOU2's original spot :(

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
lmao.

I hope that means TLOU2 is taking its spot. Instead of them both being delayed longer. Give me at least one.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That'd be a shame. It's the only game in the Summer I'm looking forward to after Ys Memories of Celceta.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Confirmed next-gen launch game for me. Coming that late I may as well wait 2 months for the better version on PS5. The backlog is thicc anyway

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Already changed back to June 26th by the way. No idea if it was a glitch, an actual mistake or if they are indeed delaying it and put a placeholder up too early.
Wouldn't this trigger refunds?
Title is a bit inaccurate, this is the PlayStation website, not the web store.
web.archive.org

PlayStation® Official Site - PlayStation Console, Games, Accessories

PlayStation® Official Site - PlayStation Console, Games, Accessories

Since (at least) March is listed as August 1st. So, no, this is simple a mistake.

Of course, the delay could still happen, but not like this.
I don't know how Wayback Machine or the PlayStation website work, but there's something strange going on with it. For some reason the PlayStation website pulls the release dates displayed on the main page from somewhere else, resulting in not even Wayback machine accurately showing what the page looked like months ago. Just go back to May 2019 or something, even those "captures" show the release dates as they are set as of today.
kuyRe8G.png

May 2019, 11 months ago, and yet it shows the current planned release dates for Predator, Ghost of Tsushima, Avengers and Cyberpunk.

Oct 27, 2017
Why did you feel the need to post the same thing 3 different times? No need to tell everyone what you're thinking constantly.
A)It is a public forum.
B)If you look back on my post you will realize I only posted once in this thread before people replied to me.

So yeah, I can post what I want and if people don't like it either report (if I am doing something wrong) or ignore.