• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Sony has NEVER been an innovator or a leader in the console space. They are really good at marketing and making their stuff look cool.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Ill undoubtedly end up buying both again (as every generation) but im more inclined to start with MS next gen just cause of that good momentum. My purchases will still work, gamepass is subbed till 8/2021, HW should be pretty much on par for both and well, Halo infinite day one. Hard to pass that up.

But sony will still have that edge on brand name alone.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
with all those news about upcoming games, like Death Stranding and The last of Us 2, I don't see any reason to Sony put their own games aside talking about the next console.

It seems to me that someone is angry because Sony is unwilling to talk about the next generation and instead is focusing too much on the first party games.

Last edited:

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
My understanding is they will offer remote play style functionality for Game Pass subscribers, but there will also be a separate service competing with Stadia?

I dont think anything has been officially announced. But rumors are that if you dont use your own xbox as the streaming device, youd have to pay for xcloud since youd be using their cloud xboxes.

edit: there will be 2 ways to stream: Using xcloud to MSs xboxes, or xcloud to your home xbox. Home xbox as the server would be free.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I dont think anything has been officially announced. But rumors are that if you dont use your own xbox as the streaming device, youd have to pay for xcloud since youd be using their cloud xboxes.
Right that's what the article I read cited. The other vague thing is if you will need Game Pass to use your Xbox as a server. In which case Microsoft will be charging gamers for functionality that has been free on the PS4 since 2013.

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Right that's what the article I read cited. The other vague thing is if you will need Game Pass to use your Xbox as a server. In which case Microsoft will be charging gamers for functionality that has been free on the PS4 since 2013.

I would assume that one of those options would be through gamepass but lets say on an iphone. It allows them to get customers that dont own an xbox at all that way. So yes, thats a safe bet that it will happen.

But they said that if you use your home xbox as the server, its supposedly free.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how the author can go from this:

"Microsoft, which has done nothing but talk, talk, talk, talk all year long"

to

"...leading the conversation" when all the next-gen details we have are coming from Sony.

And in fact though Microsoft has done some great things late this gen with the X1X, the insanely impressive backward compatibility work including X1X enhanced, and Gamepass-- quite a lot really-- when it comes to games they continue to be all talk. Gears 5 being solid isn't enough to shake the argument that Sony didn't just beat them with 1st party / exclusives this gen, they absolutely crushed them. And TLOU 2 hasn't even come out yet. Xbox is actually firmly in third place in that regard in my eyes, as Nintendo's exclusive offerings as a whole are clearly superior as well. So this talk, talk, talk quote to me is a really good example of what they've been doing when it comes to games. I love Microsoft's vision of the future and the fact that they are dragging Sony toward things like Gamepass and crossplay. Don't get me wrong. But at some point they have to bring it with the games, or else it really is all talk.

I also do think Sony has a big challenge to deal with here when it comes to announcements/conversation, which is simply that the #1 thing Microsoft wants to guarantee is that their hardware isn't inferior this time. The more details they share the more Microsoft knows what they have to beat. In that sense the fact that they've revealed the SSD and the new controller details is actually quite impressive. I also think the 'maybe there's a Pro PS5 model SKU at launch' rumors, if seeded from Sony, are smart. Whatever they can do to make it harder for Microsoft to match and beat their hardware offering, the smarter.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I would assume that one of those options would be through gamepass but lets say on an iphone. It allows them to get customers that dont own an xbox at all that way. So yes, thats a safe bet that it will happen.

But they said that if you use your home xbox as the server, its supposedly free.
See this is the problem with the Game Pass vs xcloud proposition though. Game Pass is designed for people who already own an Xbox, and already own a lot of games. If Microsoft wants to offer game streaming to people who don't own any console, they're going to have to license a lot more titles. Stadia will no doubt have every title under the sun. PS Now is better poised to offer more titles (and compete with Stadia), because Sony can offer downloads to subscribers who decide to buy a PS4. Their whole user base will consolidated under one umbrella, vs having "casuals" vs "hardcore" gamers pushing against one another.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017

edit: there will be 2 ways to stream: Using xcloud to MSs xboxes, or xcloud to your home xbox. Home xbox as the server would be free.
The free service part of Xcloud is basically just Remote Play. The paid portion seems to be more like PlaystationNow is currently. The question is will they bundle xcloud with gamepass or make it a separate sub from everything else.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Sony will be fine. But MS does seem to have more exciting approaches to how they see the future of their ecosystem.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I'm not a PS fan, but this is nothing more than a concern troll article. Sony has always been very smart in terms of communication and they really know how to market/sell their products.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This might be my favorite tweet he's posted yet.

DOMINATING the conversation. Yes, just look at all the Xbox Scarlet discussion going on all around the internet. Microsoft isn't silent at all. Only Sony.

This is all so transparent.

No, the article isn't. Layoffs to creative / marketing departments aren't really indicative of trouble at Sony. If this was studio closures or something else, sure I'd be more "concerned". Yes, it sucks that people are out of a job, but let's not forget that this is dozens of people. That could be 24 people. It could be 99 people.

Sony not telling SIEE that they're announcing the PS5 isn't wild either. Information control in a big corporation about to announce their biggest endeavor leading into a new generation is literally as normal as it gets.

Not really seeing the thing about the layoffs as the real point either. Point is that Sony isnt clear at all on what it wants to achieve and what it will be offering next gen. That's the whole issue here.
But go ahead and reply with a defensive statement about why they do have a message or better yet why they dont need one!

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
See this is the problem with the Game Pass vs xcloud proposition though. Game Pass is designed for people who already own an Xbox, and already own a lot of games. If Microsoft wants to offer game streaming to people who don't own any console, they're going to have to license a lot more titles. Stadia will no doubt have every title under the sun. PS Now is better poised to offer more titles (and compete with Stadia), because Sony can offer downloads to subscribers who decide to buy a PS4. Their whole user base will consolidated under one umbrella, vs having "casuals" vs "hardcore" gamers pushing against one another.
The free service part of Xcloud is basically just Remote Play. The paid portion seems to be more like PlaystationNow is currently. The question is will they bundle xcloud with gamepass or make it a separate sub from everything else.

Its not that complicated to bundle both if the cloud servers are themselves Xboxes. if it's available on gamepass, I don't see what's so complicated about including that service through xcloud.

it's either remote play to a console you own, or a console you don't.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Eye toy in motion controls(2003)
Moves (they shared a presentation for early move technology before 2000)
psp's remote play
First console VR
with a design that the others follow now.

These are some of them

I will not talk about software, because there is a huge difference.

The eye toy was nothing new. Those types of games existed in the early 90s. Hell, Nick Arcade build a whole gameshow around them. Dreamcast also had a camera addon. And crucially, the eyetoy SUCKED. Like take everything bad about kinect and make it worse. EVERYONE played around with motion control tech before the wii. There were motion sensing addons for the dreamcast and even the n64 and ps1. Hell microsoft released a motion controller in 1998. Again, sony didn't do anything significant with Motion controls until a week before e3 06 when they wanted to steal the wii's thunder. And don't get me started on the power glove and sega activator.

"First console VR" is such an overly narrow superlative that I feel like you have to be aware of how low in the barrell you are scraping. VR already existed. There were multiple VR formats. PSVR didn't change anything or evolve VR in any respect. It was just the sony branded version of it. By all accounts it is the least impressive of the main VR solutions as a result of being tethered to a console instead of a gaming PC. Simply coming up with a thing is not enough to be innovative. You actually have to figure out how to make it work.

Remote play? I'll give you that one. Neat concept. Like a really early prototype for modern streaming services.

Now match that 1 peripheral function against nintendo inventing like 90% of modern controller functions as well as the game mechanics that would use said functions, and Msoft doing effectively all the heavy lifting for creating online gaming on consoles, with their efforts proving so influential they doubled back and became standard features on PC as well. Take away those two and the vast majority of how we play games today vanishes. Take away sony and we might get some different looking analogs or face button clusters. Almost certainly a big change in how games are marketed. But in terms of their creation and use? Very little changes.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Maybe that's a thing because MS has more to prove

MS fucked up their initial message this gen, and it cost them a lot.
They are trying to make it clear this time that whey won't fuck it up

Sony just needs to make a powerful console and deliver the games. Their message is already pretty clear.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Its not that complicated to bundle both if the cloud servers are themselves Xboxes. if it's available on gamepass, I don't see what's so complicated about including that service through xcloud.
Technically it's not complicated. Like I was saying, the challenge is the subscription model. So they're already charging GamePass users a lot of money without giving them access to streaming from a server. So if you only have to pay $60/year for PS Now, you get a big library of games, and you get every game via server farms, it's a far superior value proposition. Assuming they discontinue or substantially reduce the cost of PS Plus, Sony will be able to consolidate more revenue around adding games to PS Now.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
PS didn't give a shit about cross-play with Xbox or Nintendo, well that's not accurate they straight up don't want to, so they probably give a shit. They were doing cross-play with others before the gen even started and the only thing the forced them to change was locking Fortnite accounts, as they had full cross-play and progression for that game from the get go and anyone who took advantage was getting fucked when they opened it up to XB1 and Switch.
I'm guessing to some ppl last gen never happened.

Sony's cross play policy AFAIK always had no cross progression, I'm thinking about DCUO, and I know that didn't. Don't know about FFIV..

It's wild how narratives can change, history gets revised. Yeah, MS did it more openly, but since they were against it last gen, we have no idea if they would have been more open back then. To say Sony didn't care or give a shit is flat out false.

Yeah, I don't know any other way to respond to that post than lol.

Doesn't innovate, push boundaries....then goes on to mention PSNow, PSVR. Amazing.

The layoffs is unfortunate. And probably deserve it's own thread. Why it was bought up in here is a head scratcher tho.

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Technically it's not complicated. Like I was saying, the challenge is the subscription model. So they're already charging GamePass users a lot of money without giving them access to streaming from a server. So if you only have to pay $60/year for PS Now, you get a big library of games, and you get every game via server farms, it's a far superior value proposition. Assuming they discontinue or substantially reduce the cost of PS Plus, Sony will be able to consolidate more revenue around adding games to PS Now.

ya but that's the same difference between any services. Will psnow include day1 releases of all 1st party games?

depending on what you wanna play, you'll sub to multiple services just like movie streaming is now.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Not really seeing the thing about the layoffs as the real point either. Point is that Sony isnt clear at all on what it wants to achieve and what it will be offering next gen. That's the whole issue here.
But go ahead and reply with a defensive statement about why they do have a message or better yet why they dont need one!

The PS4 is still doing incredibly well with a big holiday season ahead of it. I'm not being defensive for Sony, I'm illustrating why this article is bad. It's a bad take, and it's clearly rooted more in personal response to something Sony has done than it is any real world information.

Sony is pretty clear on what they want to achieve next generation, at least where it matters. We know power is important (as illustrated by their last two drips of info), we know BC is important (as noted by the PS4 and PSVR BC confirmation), and we know PS Now will be important (as illustrated by their recent push in dramatically cutting the price nearly in half). We also know that they're working to make the jump from OS to gaming as seamless as possible, with an increased focus on the social aspects of gaming. Not to mention we know they're going to pursue PSVR2 down the line (likely two+ years into the PS5 life cycle).

I'm not even an avid industry professional who gets paid to know this garbage, so why is this guy so bad at his job? And why is he citing a single indie dev from a conference earlier in the year as a source of concern, when most of those points of concern have already been addressed in the last two months? It's absolutely transparent that the article was written explicitly to drum up ad revenue, and nothing more. It has so little merit.

The part of the article that is accurate (that MS has outlined their plans for next generation) has been extrapolated to "everyone is getting next gen answers from Microsoft"...and that's just ridiculous. Particularly when he begins citing small indie devs as his source for said info.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Is this what shit posting looks like? Everything I've read recently indicates that Sony's VR headset is the most successful enthusiast VR platform. It's sold through 4.2 million units as of March this year. What are you even talking about lol

I'm talking about innovation. You appear to be talking about sales numbers. I can see where you got confused.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
ya but that's the same difference between any services. Will psnow include day1 releases of all 1st party games?

depending on what you wanna play, you'll sub to multiple services just like movie streaming is now.
Right, I agree. You will subscribe to Netflix if you want to watch House of Cards. You will subscribe to Hulu if you want to watch Handmaid's Tale. But what Microsoft is proposing is selling a streaming version of Gears of War to people who don't own Xboxes. And selling a local version of Gears of War to people who do own Xboxes. They're not offering different content with different subscription services. They offering the same content with different delivery systems, each with their own fee attached.

Then there's the fact that funneling your first party titles into a subscription is problematic unto itself. How will that affect quality of the content? Are you really going to be able to finance multiple AAA, generation defining experiences for $10 a month? Theoretically you could do a tiered model, where you get premium games day of release for $20/month, but you still need to offer streaming and downloading on the same subscription. And then you're threatening to piss off your user base, when a AAA game comes out and it's anything but a 10/10 classic title.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I think Calvin has Forbes contributor written all over em. A good stepping stone to pro game journalism.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm talking about innovation. You appear to be talking about sales numbers. I can see where you got confused.
Being the largest platform and early supporter of a fledgling technology IS innovation, bro. Like, how is it not? Lmao

They are a major driving force in normalizing and creating a market for VR experiences, full stop. You are bending over backwards at every possible point to make your garbage posts seem well reasoned, and in the process you're twisting yourself in knots.

Deleted member 27315

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The eye toy was nothing new. Those types of games existed in the early 90s. Hell, Nick Arcade build a whole gameshow around them. Dreamcast also had a camera addon. And crucially, the eyetoy SUCKED. Like take everything bad about kinect and make it worse. EVERYONE played around with motion control tech before the wii. There were motion sensing addons for the dreamcast and even the n64 and ps1. Hell microsoft released a motion controller in 1998. Again, sony didn't do anything significant with Motion controls until a week before e3 06 when they wanted to steal the wii's thunder. And don't get me started on the power glove and sega activator.

"First console VR" is such an overly narrow superlative that I feel like you have to be aware of how low in the barrell you are scraping. VR already existed. There were multiple VR formats. PSVR didn't change anything or evolve VR in any respect. It was just the sony branded version of it. By all accounts it is the least impressive of the main VR solutions as a result of being tethered to a console instead of a gaming PC. Simply coming up with a thing is not enough to be innovative. You actually have to figure out how to make it work.

Remote play? I'll give you that one. Neat concept. Like a really early prototype for modern streaming services.

Now match that 1 peripheral function against nintendo inventing like 90% of modern controller functions as well as the game mechanics that would use said functions, and Msoft doing effectively all the heavy lifting for creating online gaming on consoles, with their efforts proving so influential they doubled back and became standard features on PC as well. Take away those two and the vast majority of how we play games today vanishes. Take away sony and we might get some different looking analogs or face button clusters. Almost certainly a big change in how games are marketed. But in terms of their creation and use? Very little changes.

Let's go with your logic even if I disagree completely. So MS was not innovating with any Xbox at all. Because everything already existed(you also spoke about devices outside gaming divisions arcade etc, ). You were wrong. Thanks :)

Either way, your post is full of nonsense and I don't know from where to begin. You said for example ''there was a Dreamcast camera'' and in fact the camera was used only for webcam/digital still camera. On the other hand, you praise Microsoft for online gaming when Dreacmast was the innovator...

ok I get it as I said ;)

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Right, I agree. You will subscribe to Netflix if you want to watch House of Cards. You will subscribe to Hulu if you want to watch Handmaid's Tale. But what Microsoft is proposing is selling a streaming version of Gears of War to people who don't own Xboxes. And selling a local version of Gears of War to people who do own Xboxes. Both through a subscription service. Then there's the fact that funneling your first party titles into a subscription is problematic unto itself. How will that affect quality of the content? Are you really going to be able to finance multiple AAA, generation defining experiences for $10 a month?

well considering that gears5 right now is being played by a bunch of people who play on gamepass and didnt pay for the game, I'd say they are fully aware of this scenario.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Right, I agree. You will subscribe to Netflix if you want to watch House of Cards. You will subscribe to Hulu if you want to watch Handmaid's Tale. But what Microsoft is proposing is selling a streaming version of Gears of War to people who don't own Xboxes. And selling a local version of Gears of War to people who do own Xboxes. They're not offering different content with different subscription services. They offering the same content with different delivery systems, each with their own fee attached.

Then there's the fact that funneling your first party titles into a subscription is problematic unto itself. How will that affect quality of the content? Are you really going to be able to finance multiple AAA, generation defining experiences for $10 a month? Theoretically you could do a tiered model, where you get premium games day of release for $20/month, but you still need to offer streaming and downloading on the same subscription. And then you're threatening to piss off your user base, when a AAA game comes out and it's anything but a 10/10 classic title.

I mean, the quality of their titles hasn't gotten worse. Gears 5 was ambitious as hell and more content rich than most games.

Deleted member 27315

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We are talking about consoles. In the console space is an innovative movement you like it or not. When it was out it had the less screen door effect and the best design for at least 2 times lower entry price than the headsets you suggest.
Its a VR headset and design is important. It's not about how good it looks. Many headsets are inspired by PSVR's design. If this is not an innovation then what it is?

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Sony has NEVER been an innovator or a leader in the console space. They are really good at marketing and making their stuff look cool. But they've never been the ones pushing boundaries. Or making new concepts work.

The Dual Analog Controller?
Shareplay?
Remote play?
PSVR?
PSNow?

Also, yeah, the Dreamcast was the first internet-connected console, but people forget that the PS2 had it's broadband adapter out a year in front of Xbox Live.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I mean, the quality of their titles hasn't gotten worse. Gears 5 was ambitious as hell and more content rich than most games.
Yet their output this generation has been so paltry. I think Sony took the right tack by pushing indies through PS Plus, and then saving big titles as $60 releases. I'm in the position where I want AAA games to get bigger, not lesser. Adapting FFVII over multiple $60 releases is closer to the right tack than trying to fit multiple entire games into one fee.

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Who's aware of what scenario?

Microsoft, who else? Netflix don't make you buy movies or a box to play it's movies on, and yet they still manage to make more than enough profit to create original content on a monthly basis. MS are still selling games and consoles, game pass and xcloud are additive to this.

Im not sure what part of this confuses you.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Microsoft, who else? Netflix don't make you buy movies or a box to play it's movies on, and yet they still manage to make more than enough profit to create original content on a monthly basis. MS are still selling games and consoles, game pass and xcloud are additive to this.

Im not sure what part of this confuses you.
Well actually Netflix is deeply in debt. Their content quality has decreased precipitously over the past few years. They used to be at HBO quality. Now they're at like, CW quality for much of their content. And finally, games aren't movies/shows. Completely different investment in terms of time and money. We all know how technically demanding it is to construct a new game, vs shooting a film in a few months.
For example Red Dead Redemption 2.. probably one of the most memorable games this generation took 5 years to make. It sold bucket loads, and made a ton of money. But that's only because of the pricing model for standalone titles. vs Microsoft making a goofy ass budget game like Sea of Thieves. To me, it is damning that they want to funnel all their 1st party games into Game Pass.

Last edited:

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Let's go with your logic even if I disagree completely. So MS was not innovating with any Xbox at all. Because everything already existed(you also spoke about devices outside gaming divisions arcade etc, ). You were wrong. Thanks :)

Either way, your post is full of nonsense and I don't know from where to begin. You said for example ''there was a Dreamcast camera'' and in fact the camera was used only for webcam/digital still camera. On the other hand, you praise Microsoft for online gaming when Dreacmast was the innovator...

ok I get it as I said ;)

If you have an argument to make, then make it. As it stands you are just saying "i could totally take apart your argument but I don't wanna."

I specifically pointed out that merely doing something first is not meaningful innovation if you don't do it well.
I went on to showcase the long term effects various innovations have had on how we play games. Non nintendo, say goodbye to modern controllers. No microsoft, say goodbye to the majority of modern online functionality. Even if 100% of your examples (and if you had better ones waiting in the wings, you would have used them.) counted, what impact would removing psvr and the eyetoy and sony's motion control offerings have on the industry? Barely any. Sony, like most companies has dabbled. But few of their offerings ever became more than a temporary gimmick.

For the record, the dreameye was going to be used for games before the dreamcast snuffed it. And no, simply taking an extant thing and saying "I want a version of that!" is not innovation. That's imitation. eyetoy imitated devices that already existed. PSVR imitated devices that already existed.

The reason I bring up sega's efforts in online is to illustrate the difference. I'm showing that microsoft did not invent online play as a whole.That's called due diligence. The wonderful thing about opinions based on evidence and not on protecting a nebulous multinational from spiritual harm is that you don't have a problem with acknowledging stuff like that. Had microsoft just imitated what Sega did, I wouldn't have mentioned them. But they didn't stop there. They fundamentally altered how online play worked on consoles (and again, that even bled back to pcs). A single unified identity. Meta game elements like achievements. Broadband as a minimum back when it was the minority. VOIP as standard. unified feedback and matchmaking systems. Sony wouldn't catch on to how this would work for over a generation, and over the course of the ps3's lifecycle they would imitate most of it. Nintendo seems openly opposed to it for some reason. Xbox live is to sega.net what the analog stick is to the dpad.

PSN is the sony version of the Dpad.

I will never get over how the sony faithful leap to defend a corporation so aggressively. I hope one day to love a woman the way you love a multinational corporation.

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Well actually Netflix is deeply in debt. Their content quality has decreased precipitously over the past few years. They used to be at HBO quality. Now they're at like, CW quality for much of their content. And finally, games aren't movies/shows. Completely different investment in terms of time and money. We all know how technically demanding it is to construct a new game, vs shooting a film in a few months.

The point is everything Microsoft is doing now is to help the brand grow. If you can have access to consumers in countries that don't have the option of buying an Xbox or gaming pc, then that helps them grow. If they can download an app on the phone and play Xbox games, that helps them grow.

They might not make a ton of money off gamepass and xcloud the first few years, but with new ideas most companies don't. You need to grow the market first. That's where we're at now.

And Microsoft will go through ups and downs just like Sony has and everyone else.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
The point is everything Microsoft is doing now is to help the brand grow. If you can have access to consumers in countries that don't have the option of buying an Xbox or gaming pc, then that helps them grow. If they can download an app on the phone and play Xbox games, that helps them grow.

They might not make a ton of money off gamepass and xcloud the first few years, but with new ideas most companies don't. You need to grow the market first. That's where we're at now.

And Microsoft will go through ups and downs just like Sony has and everyone else.
I mean, I think internet infrastructure is greater barrier to entry than accessing a consumer product like a game console for most people. Microsoft's theory behind their structuring of xCloud separate from GamePass, is more to capture a "casual" audience that finds game consoles unseamly. It's about marketing, and revenue streams, not about growing the Xbox platform itself. Again, if someone buys xCloud for Stadia like service, GamePass is a competing value proposition, not a complimentary one. It won't draw them into Xbox. It will make them an alternative audience that pays money to Microsoft.

Oct 27, 2017
This might be my favorite tweet he's posted yet.

DOMINATING the conversation. Yes, just look at all the Xbox Scarlet discussion going on all around the internet. Microsoft isn't silent at all. Only Sony.

This is all so transparent.

This tweet is kind of weird. Maybe I'm not understanding the full context but this sounds like something I would say if I'm caught making a bad argument and I try to shift the definition of the word so I don't have to give up being right but also I'm coming across more softly committed to it than I originally seemed.

next generation is going to be interesting, I think each of the big three companies is bringing a refined vision to the table. This article seems as if it's trying to construct a narrative that really doesn't exist yet though, and I'm not quite sure I understand what the point of that would be.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
So the answer is 'gamepass'? Because that's really the coal that is keeping the Xbox train running at this point.

I doubt it's going to be the big differentiator for long seeing how Sony is all-in on PS Now. They'll likely end up as very comparable services.
Unless Sony offers all of its 1st party titles day one, then no they are not comparable.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
This tweet is kind of weird. Maybe I'm not understanding the full context but this sounds like something I would say if I'm caught making a bad argument and I try to shift the definition of the word so I don't have to give up being right but also I'm coming across more softly committed to it than I originally seemed.
This guy is nowhere near as bad as that awful hipster woman from Engadget, and her multiple articles justifying Xbone's "always online" plan.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Death Stranding, FF7R, Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2. I know who's providing all the answers.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta