• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

usagi704

Oct 27, 2017
This is all completely believable based on previous admission by Bethesda. This is the kind of thing that they do.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know when metacritic updates it's stats? BL3 still has the same number of reviews total (22) that it had when the game first went out to the selected, favourable, reviewers.

Presumably other sites will update today/tomorrow with reviews based on 3 to 4 days of play since release?

I'm quite intrigued to see if the score changes, and how.

Oct 26, 2017
one for the history books. Miss Ryan so much.
do you by any chance know what game Burch was talking about?
I think it was Spec Ops: The Line.
These are the nominees from 2013, so I'm guessing The Walking Dead? I don't remember that line in it though.

It was Far Cry 3 and Anthony was absolutely spot on with that comment, I love Far Cry 3 but it's overall writing was pretty terrible. Michael Mando's performance of Vaas seems to have overshadowed that, people still quote that "definition of insanity" line like it's something super profound.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Continuing my Borderlands 3 review watch (because I've got weirdly curious about it)...An extra 5 reviews have been added to the PC version and it's dropped one point to 84.

According to the dates the 5 "new" ones are:-

The Games Machine - 91
Ragequit.gr - 80
Gameblog.fr - 80
Gamecrate - 70
TheSixthAxis - 60

On their own that's an average of 76, significantly below the preview reviews on wonky code.

Polygon, Ars and RPS haven't given scores but don't seem "that" favourable when I skimmed them.

The PS4 version now has reviews (it was blank at launch) and is coming out at 79...there doesn't seem much overlap between who the reviewers are for the two versions.

Two brave souls have reviewed the Xbox version, with an average of 83...but one of them is windows central with a 90...the playstation specific magazines also both gave it 90's...

Overall, a lot of the reviews seem to wildly agree that "it's more borderlands" and then the scores are assigned based on whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It was Far Cry 3 and Anthony was absolutely spot on with that comment, I love Far Cry 3 but it's overall writing was pretty terrible. Michael Mando's performance of Vaas seems to have overshadowed that, people still quote that "definition of insanity" line like it's something super profound.

I mean it's a good quote, they just didn't come up with it.