Giant Bomb @ E3 2019 | Have Fun, Be Safe, Be Kind, Call Home

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
People actually trying to sell energy drinks on the E3 show floor sounds so bizarre to me. I've gone to rinky dink small gaming events and they give shit out like crazy at the things just for advertising. I understand merch and stuff being sold but I've always associated free energy drinks, shitty drawstring bags and beef jerky with game events.

Brazil

The Dude of Prophecy
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

mnz

Oct 25, 2017
People who want more GB game impressions should listen to the Beastcast. They have Jeff G, Brad (and Drew) on and pretty much only talk about games.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Abby is super fucking weird about people smells. Also, grandmas smell like cookies, talcum powder, and moth balls.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
People saying the Lang/Boyes segment isn't great areout of their minds.

"I do say...To the back of this giant fucking satellite dish of a head."

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool set of interviews again, Phil Spencer's outlook on the future of xCloud and its positioning in the market was interesting to hear. I had to check out when Robin Hunicke started talking about "everything is game design" and extolling the virtues of negative interest rates though.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still catching up with Nite 2 but I hope Wan Hazmer comes back at some point. He seems pretty cool.

chrominance

Oct 25, 2017
The E3 shows, just make me wish they did the GDC shows still. We need more chances of these types of shows than just E3.
I was just thinking about the GDC chats. I guess they either can't invite people up to their current office space in the same way as before, or more likely the relative lack of staff on the west coast makes it more difficult to manage? (Can't remember if the Beastcast crew flies out to SF for GDC.) But I totally miss them, I remember we got an Idle Thumbs reunion back in the wilderness years before they started casting pods again.

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I just got to the Herzog story on the Editor Check in for day 3.

Alex truly is the anti-Dan.
Bless him for his delivery of that whole story though.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, 5:44:51 of the full Nite 3 stream, Austin does the Mr. Collins (shout outs to Waypoint's Pride and Prejudice series) thing of reflexively covering his mouth when Janina speaks over him

love it

Oct 27, 2017
I'm behind on everything, but man is it great to hear Luke Smith on a "podcast" of sorts again. Miss those 1UP days. Glad to see he's prospering over at Bungie.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
The Kenny Omega bit was funny. Some of the reaction here was pretty embarrassing. It was only a few people, but it was the usual suspects that keep driving the toxicity in the era GB community.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't paid attention and was wondering where the podcasts were... hopefully they get them up during the weekend.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The whole energy drink segment on day 3 is probably my favourite part of the nite shows this year. Going from Austin Creed’s energetic and chipper selling of one of the drinks because they’re a sponsor to the next drink being Austin Walker staring deadpan going “That one is banned in Europe, I’m deadass being serious” fucking broke me