• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rise the fuck up like you're playing Microsoft Flight Simulator, gamers.
m7ww04jwxr331.jpg
ban worthy

ket

Jul 27, 2018
kinda annoyed that haitian people in a videogame (cyberpunk 2077) are involved in voodoo yet again.

so far, RDR2 is the only game I've ever played that didn't have a stereotypical depiction of haitians.

Oct 25, 2017
kinda annoyed that haitian people in a videogame (cyberpunk 2077) are involved in voodoo yet again.

so far, RDR2 is the only game I've ever played that didn't have a stereotypical depiction of haitians.
it's like if you want to tell me there is a Haitian gang that wants to upload their consciousness into like the digital space cool, as humans we tend to self-segregate to an extent that's fine but then:

No one:

CDPR: The Haitians sure love voodoo

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Ugh, seeing Bloodlines and Cyberpunk gameplay look so rough around the edges on top of CDPR's apparent transphobia popping back up is massively disappointing.

How were the segments last night? Anything aside from staff check in worth watching?

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Is......is Cyberpunk going to be terrible?

Terrible at racial representation and depictions of LGBTQ folks? Almost certainly, at this point. And if that side of it is bad, people will be a lot less willing to forgive annoying parts of the actual gameplay. I can definitely see it having a fairly negative reception, at least around here.

The last three segments were all great.

Thanks!

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah fuck CDPR I wish a studio that wasn't garbage was making CP2077 with the same level of quality. damn it. I have a feeling this shitshow is only getting started :(

May 5, 2018
Just started watching the Pat GIll/Gita Jackson segment. Its really good! Though I for one am happy Sonic is legally required to wear shoes at all times.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah fuck CDPR I wish a studio that wasn't garbage was making CP2077 with the same level of quality. damn it. I have a feeling this shitshow is only getting started :(

Like, they're obviously very talented game developers, but they're so fucking tone-deaf when it comes to cultural and social issues. And by now they should know it's a blind spot for them and perhaps bring in outside voices and inputs to help with the writing and the worlduilding. But that's not even getting into the issue of their crunch and working conditions. Ugh.

Cyberpunk is giving me vibes of Kingdom Come, a game I'll eventually buy and play and enjoy but then feel really shitty and guilty about morally.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

FWIW the most recent overwatch character is haitian and he is delightful

not to say overwatch doesn't have issues with representation but it feels like they did an alright job here

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if you don't want to feel shitty about it, donate the equal or more, value of the game purchased to like the Trevor Project or another good charity.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Though when you think about it Neuromancer literally had space rastafarians.

So you know.

In keeping with some of the genre's more shitty parts.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

Funny (or mroe sad, really) thing is, in the reference material (tabletop game) the Voodoo Boys are mainly white dudes trying to be edgy with feathers and shit.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
cyberpunk 2077's rpg stuff is gonna be great (this is cd projekt red we're talking about after all). idk about everything else though (such as combat, stealth, driving, if NPC A.I. interaction is gonna on the level of RDR2 or GTA). also it's approach to social or political issues might suck.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Been going through bluray.com looking at what films released recently so I could make a list for next month and I came across this film...

61C62nAGQJL._SL1229_.jpg

I do not remember the last time I laughed this hard at a film's poster and title.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right now the games I plan to play for the rest of 2019:

Cadence of Hyrule
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Control
Gears 5
The Outer Worlds
Pokemon Sword
Doom Eternal
Luigi's Mansion 3

Maybes:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
The Sinking City
Zelda Awakening
Borderlands 3

For me its
Mana collection
Mario maker
Wolfenstein new blood
Control
Zelda
Doom eternal
Lugis mansion

Maybes are
Jedi fallen order
Modern warfare
The outer wilds
Gears 5
Cadence of hyrule

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Still never made my way through all of 2018's nite shows. They are hard to listen to as podcasts cause you put it down mid-segment by the time you come back you forget who you're listening to and there's no faces to match to a voice.

It would be a shitton of podcasts to download but I wouldn't mind if they put them up segmented like they do the videos on the site. Or maybe just timestamps in the descriptions of the pods of what guests are on during each segment

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It came out in 2012 lol
i was like "no no no that cant be right, it came out in 2010 or 2011" but i looked it up and damn. I know i got mine in the leadup to tearaway which wouldve been late 2012-late 2013 and shortly after i was with a friend trying to buy one for them but no one was carrying it until we wound up finding the one gamestop in atlanta selling a refurbished one

i dont think i realized just how fast that thing sank lmao

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, I'm sorry, I tried looking through the last two pages to find the answer to this question and I couldn't, although I'm sure it's been talked about: are we getting the night shows as podcasts this year?

Nov 14, 2017
Loving the GB @ Nite stuff so far. I could listen to that guy talk about designing the Elite Controller 2 forever.

Do most people watch the segments or the straight through videos?