• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep at my desk for like an hour immediately after drinking that monster

is this where the energy's supposed to come from

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Other than red bull and coffee I've never actually had an energy drink keep me awake.

I drink purely for the taste.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I fell asleep at my desk for like an hour immediately after drinking that monster

is this where the energy's supposed to come from
Sugar and calories make you sleepy because your body has to work.
Caffein gives you an initial boost (may) but after that the brain thinks "I am even more tired than before now" because it wants more caffein.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Sugar and calories make you sleepy because your body has to work.
Caffein gives you an initial boost (may) but after that the brain thinks "I am even more tired than before now" because it wants more caffein.

This is why you give it more caffeine. And more caffeine. And you keep giving caffeine until you can't function without it.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I drink a fair bit of coffee, but I've gone without it before without any issues.

My partner however was about to make a doctors appointment last weekend because she had a crippling headache and extreme fatigue and thought something was seriously wrong with her, and I asked "have you had any coffee today?"

She had a cup of coffee and about half an hour later felt perfectly fine. Caffeine addiction is real.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
E3 is over.

Thankfully no more talk about 'E3 is dying' for another year. Actually, we will probably get some more of that on the Bombcast next week.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
On the last segment:

Me:
23419.jpg

Some of ya'll:

Seriously what website are some of you visiting that a Kenny Omega appearance is like some unforgivable sin?

And agreed. There was what... 18 hours of live stream? 10 minutes of wrasslin' talk from a dude who is a friend of the site and known a handful of things, two of which are wrestling and his love of video games, isn't going to kill you, especially on this site.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My final thought of this E3 is that Keanu Reeves at the MS conference is the best standalone moment since Sony announced the price of the PS4. Who else agrees?

I've been trying to find that all over. Can't for the life of me find Giant Bomb commenting over the Sony E3 2013 conference.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordering rarely works out in my favor, but I can't help but feel confident about Control, and saving an extra ten bucks is a nice incentive

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About halfway through the day 3 stream now and I feel like the couches just keep getting better every year. There haven't any bad cases of someone being completely out of their element this time, and the guests have ended up talking among themselves and not just with Jeff (which is a good thing). Maybe I would have liked Avellone in a slightly lower energy segment, but tbh I'm not sure Jeff is the right person to go deep with him anyway.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys I heard some half naked hotel guest broke into the studio during the stream. Gosh, I hope everyone is alright.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad we couldn't have another session with just Johnny V, Dave and Adam.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
who are these people on this segment with Dave Lang and Adam boyes

if you can't get jv you just leave him out

don't try to replace him with John Drake and friends what

and they're talking about video games and shit I didn't sign up for this

May 5, 2018
I had to go to bed at 1:30 AM where I live (Eastern American Coast). GOtta finish up that Dave Dang sh*tshow and then I gotta see that Kenny Omega segment.

May 5, 2018
I really need to catch up on all of these segments. I've been busy with work, but I got to say from what I've seen this has been another great year of Giant Bomb covering E3 with reactions, vlogs and the Nite Shows (I haven't even touched the My 3rd first E3 podcasts). E3 itself wasn't that exciting this year (besides Nintendo throwing down with some solid gameplay footage/surprise announcements such as a new Panzer Dragoon and a freaking Dark Crystal Tactics game) but GB once again made the experience as enjoyable as ever. Thanks y'all!

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So what was the funniest segment? I haven't really watched any of the streams. Any moments as hilarious as tweeting out Dave Lang's phone number?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I've only watched two panels so far from last night, but they've both been great. Gotta say, every year GB kills it by humanizing a lot of these developers, producers, etc. Such a great job.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I feel like I am asking myself this like once a month at this point, but... what the fuck is Dan Ryckert's life???????