• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
For all crap Dan (kinda deservedly) gets for being insanely lucky, it's also clear that: a) he's got to be a charismatic and fun guy off camera to maintain all these friendships with interesting folks and b) he takes chances that a lot of people wouldn't. I mean, a lot of his stories begin with having a friend who invited him somewhere cool, or he saw an opportunity and decided to give it a shot. It's pretty impressive.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I dont' know if a mic was left on or something, but there seems to be a lot of crowd noise in the third segmant last night with 12 Minutes guy and the girl from Control.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet Jesus, Waypoint.

1 hour 55 minutes left of E3 2019 Day -1 podcast.
3 hours 29 minutes left of E3 2019 Day 0 podcast.
3 hours 43 minutes left of E3 2019 Day 1 podcast.
2 hours 36 minutes left of E3 2019 Day 2 podcast.
? hours ? minutes left of E3 2019 Day 3 podcast.

Without the last podcast, that's 11 hours 43 minutes left of Waypoint's 5 star run time, 5 star quality podcasting left to listen.

GBEast is trying to help.
1 hour 17 minutes left of Episode 212.

And I still haven't watched GB talk over the Nintendo conference or any of the nights.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I see you Alex, not putting Marty Stratton and "Mike Mahardy" on the same couch session because they are clearly the same goddamn person.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
People actually trying to sell energy drinks on the E3 show floor sounds so bizarre to me. I've gone to rinky dink small gaming events and they give shit out like crazy at the things just for advertising. I understand merch and stuff being sold but I've always associated free energy drinks, shitty drawstring bags and beef jerky with game events.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
People who want more GB game impressions should listen to the Beastcast. They have Jeff G, Brad (and Drew) on and pretty much only talk about games.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Abby is super fucking weird about people smells. Also, grandmas smell like cookies, talcum powder, and moth balls.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
People saying the Lang/Boyes segment isn't great areout of their minds.

"I do say...To the back of this giant fucking satellite dish of a head."

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool set of interviews again, Phil Spencer's outlook on the future of xCloud and its positioning in the market was interesting to hear. I had to check out when Robin Hunicke started talking about "everything is game design" and extolling the virtues of negative interest rates though.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still catching up with Nite 2 but I hope Wan Hazmer comes back at some point. He seems pretty cool.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The E3 shows, just make me wish they did the GDC shows still. We need more chances of these types of shows than just E3.

I was just thinking about the GDC chats. I guess they either can't invite people up to their current office space in the same way as before, or more likely the relative lack of staff on the west coast makes it more difficult to manage? (Can't remember if the Beastcast crew flies out to SF for GDC.) But I totally miss them, I remember we got an Idle Thumbs reunion back in the wilderness years before they started casting pods again.

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I just got to the Herzog story on the Editor Check in for day 3.

Alex truly is the anti-Dan.
Bless him for his delivery of that whole story though.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, 5:44:51 of the full Nite 3 stream, Austin does the Mr. Collins (shout outs to Waypoint's Pride and Prejudice series) thing of reflexively covering his mouth when Janina speaks over him

love it

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm behind on everything, but man is it great to hear Luke Smith on a "podcast" of sorts again. Miss those 1UP days. Glad to see he's prospering over at Bungie.