• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Dan is so tiny :D

df0Sfhq.png
5'9" vs 6'1"

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
The Kenny Omega bit was funny. Some of the reaction here was pretty embarrassing. It was only a few people, but it was the usual suspects that keep driving the toxicity in the era GB community.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't paid attention and was wondering where the podcasts were... hopefully they get them up during the weekend.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The whole energy drink segment on day 3 is probably my favourite part of the nite shows this year. Going from Austin Creed's energetic and chipper selling of one of the drinks because they're a sponsor to the next drink being Austin Walker staring deadpan going "That one is banned in Europe, I'm deadass being serious" fucking broke me

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
lol, Joe's followup gave me flashbacks to his infamous Keighley interview

his lack of chill seems to work better for YouTube videos than interpersonal interaction

The funny thing is that the GB people said basically the same thing during that weird Gears segment. "Wait, why did microsoft have them there?" They just implied they had wasted money rather than actually saying it. Much more classy.

Sep 12, 2018

Don't sleep on this segment folks. Really great rapport between Jeff and the three devs, loved how it spun off into Brooke, Alex and Luis asking each other questions..

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
the best segments for me are when the guests start asking each other stuff and it's not simply a back and forth with jeff because while he's great at that he's even better at just knowing when to sit back and let the magic flow, or if stuff starts to veer too wildly away from being entertaining he'll take back control and redirect it again

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
If you've played an hour of Doom 2016 you've pretty much experienced everything that game has to offer

I felt the same; but I just don't think I'm into that type of game anymore.

My First E3 was the best part about E3 (reminded me of old GIantBomb where it was a clusterfuck but somehow worked) + the last interview with Austin etc.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
If you've played an hour of Doom 2016 you've pretty much experienced everything that game has to offer
That's not quite true because the first hour presents a greatly compromised version of its core gameplay. It's one of those games that sabotaged itself with a tacked-on player progression system. It takes a while to unlock basic controls and other settings around which the entire game was built.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That's not quite true because the first hour presents a greatly compromised version of its core gameplay. It's one of those games that sabotaged itself with a tacked-on player progression system. It takes a while to unlock basic controls and other settings around which the entire game was built.
You don't even get the double jump until like a third of the way through the game.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
You don't even get the double jump until like a third of the way through the game.
Which is ridiculous because the levels were clearly built around it. Being forced to slowly clamber over every obstacle makes for a terrible first impression (and you do it slowly because the proper animation speed is also an unlockable).

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I'm sure it's been requested but is part 2 of e3 night uploaded in podcast form? I'm cleaning and wanna hear it
Edit, forgot I️ posted this already. Disregard!

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Man, everyone has to cool out a bit about the wrestling. I'm not into it, but I dont mind them talking about it from time to time if they dont make it into the whole show for weeks on end. There are multiple people on staff who like wrestling, so it was a cool thing that they brought some of their personal tastes into the show. It was funny and I'm not even into wrestling all that much.

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet Jesus, Waypoint.

1 hour 55 minutes left of E3 2019 Day -1 podcast.
3 hours 29 minutes left of E3 2019 Day 0 podcast.
3 hours 43 minutes left of E3 2019 Day 1 podcast.
2 hours 36 minutes left of E3 2019 Day 2 podcast.
? hours ? minutes left of E3 2019 Day 3 podcast.

Without the last podcast, that's 11 hours 43 minutes left of Waypoint's 5 star run time, 5 star quality podcasting left to listen.

GBEast is trying to help.
1 hour 17 minutes left of Episode 212.

And I still haven't watched GB talk over the Nintendo conference or any of the nights.

Natalie is so, so good on Waypoint podcasts and it's a real shame she's leaving. I thought that she (and Danika before her) brought perspectives not really pushed by Pat/Rob/Austin. Natalie was really good at articulating her points too.

May 9, 2019
Australia
Which is ridiculous because the levels were clearly built around it. Being forced to slowly clamber over every obstacle makes for a terrible first impression (and you do it slowly because the proper animation speed is also an unlockable).

What!!? Both times I reinstalled Doom I quit after 40 mins not understanding why everyone was so hyped by it. Now I find out there's an unlock able progression system for doomguy.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
What!!? Both times I reinstalled Doom I quit after 40 mins not understanding why everyone was so hyped by it. Now I find out there's an unlock able progression system for doomguy.
Yeah, that game's greatest sin is how slow it starts, at least in terms of your abilities. By the end of that story when you have the double jump, chainsaw, etc., it's an absolute blast.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Natalie is so, so good on Waypoint podcasts and it's a real shame she's leaving. I thought that she (and Danika before her) brought perspectives not really pushed by Pat/Rob/Austin. Natalie was really good at articulating her points too.

It's why I was hoping the announcement was she was moving to GB, because I have a sad feeling she's either moving to a community manager or other type of gig (which hey, get paid) where we won't be hearing from her.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been able to get night 2 to show up in the RSS feed? It's not in the feed on Downcast for me

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's why I was hoping the announcement was she was moving to GB, because I have a sad feeling she's either moving to a community manager or other type of gig (which hey, get paid) where we won't be hearing from her.

2 things

1. 99% sure GB can't do sudden hires. It's a long process, you'll know when they're doing it.

2. She's technically production even at Waypoint, so that unfortunately wouldn't be unexpected. So I'm similarly hoping it's not fully behind the scenes/she shows up elsewhere too, I guess.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Having Natalie and Danika around for a bunch of Waypoint's E3 stuff really was a blessing, and I hope they'll be around next year too. I mean, best-case scenario - for us, the viewer, anyways; obviously what's good for Natalie is most important - is Natalie getting the sort of job that lets her still appear on Waypoint podcasts and stuff from time to time, but I kinda get the feeling she's gonna end up having to move a significant distance or summin, I dunno. And Danika's already said she's not looking for any public-facing roles, which is totally understandable.

That year of Waypoint streams with the full crew really was a bit of a golden age, in retrospect. I really miss it, even if I do still enjoy everything they do now.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Is there no Night 2 Editor Check-in? Seems odd to have not done that, maybe it's not uploaded yet?