Giant Bomb |OT 11| New Personal Best

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Nah the deluxe package was separate from the switch game, so it's like they made a bunch of deluxe editions designed for disc based copies and then threw my Switch version in the same box next to it.

It's just kinda baffling. Like couldn't they have made a nice Switch cart steelbook?? Am I unreasonable to think that??
gamer? it’s time to rise up and demand a proper steelbook

Oct 25, 2017
i hope devolver helps them secure some more pc dev kits
Why?

also

I've been trying to watch Pat (formerly of Best Friends) play the RE2 demo live, but the first 30 mins has literally been him reading subs. I never watch Twitch or anything, but it's kind of ridiculous to me that he needs to read every single last one. Is this a common thing with streamers? I almost turned off the stream, but he's starting it now, finally, so I may as well watch a little longer.

Last edited:

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Why?

also

I've been trying to watch Pat (formerly of Best Friends) play the RE2 demo live, but the first 30 mins has literally been him reading subs. I never watch Twitch or anything, but it's kind of ridiculous to me that he needs to read every single last one. Is this a common thing with streamers? I almost turned off the stream, but he's starting it now, finally, so I may as well watch a little longer.
Yes.

Oct 28, 2017
O wow Prime have a new docuseries about the woman who chopped off the man’s pee pee produced by Jordan Peele

It’s kind of amazing how ‘produced by Jordan Peele’ went from a sign of it probably being best to give something a miss to now being one of the best stamps of approval you can find post-Get Out

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Why?

also

Yup, it's glorious. Played on Xbox One X in 4K with HDR off(I read the HDR is terrible so I turned it off), film grain off. I also played some of it HUDless which is amazing. Finished it with 10 minutes to spare, took a bunch of screenshots and some clips. 30 minutes is seriously not enough because I wanted to look at every nook and cranny.

Things I hope to see in the full game
  • Soundtrack to be more prominent.
  • The Xbox One rumbling triggers put to good use.
  • Weapons I feel need more oomph but that would probably be fixed if it used the rumbling triggers which is an underrated feature in the Xbox One controller that more people should talk about because it definitely enhances the experience.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's glorious. Played on Xbox One X in 4K with HDR off(I read the HDR is terrible so I turned it off), film grain off. I also played some of it HUDless which is amazing. Finished it with 10 minutes to spare, took a bunch of screenshots and some clips. 30 minutes is seriously not enough because I wanted to look at every nook and cranny.

Things I hope to see in the full game
  • Soundtrack to be more prominent.
  • The Xbox One rumbling triggers put to good use.
  • Weapons I feel need more oomph but that would probably be fixed if it used the rumbling triggers which is an underrated feature in the Xbox One controller that more people should talk about because it definitely enhances the experience.
Maybe someone will remove the time limit on PC but just going to wait till full release. I am excite.

The Nurse's shop music is so fucking good in Monster Boy

How about the entire soundtrack and that fuckin' SAX is just amazing?
Maybe someone will remove the time limit on PC but just going to wait till full release. I am excite.
It's something so simple but exploring like this just made me have this big dumb smile. 30 minutes is definitely not enough.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So I ended up using the stick instead of the dpad on the Switch for Monster Boy because the wheel menus feel weird with a dpad but did Nintendo ever fixed the Pro Controllers' dpad issues?

Oct 30, 2017
O wow Prime have a new docuseries about the woman who chopped off the man’s pee pee produced by Jordan Peele

It’s kind of amazing how ‘produced by Jordan Peele’ went from a sign of it probably being best to give something a miss to now being one of the best stamps of approval you can find post-Get Out
I'm confused....what was produced by him pre-Get Out that was widely seen as a sign of "stay away"? He honestly hasn't done much before Get Out besides Key and Peele and Keanu (both of which were generally positive). If anything it was shorts or really obscure things that were not widely known/watched at all.

Oct 25, 2017
quick question for any of the homies here who bought Spidamanz for PS4 physical; does it come with a manual
checked for you

nope, literally just one little sheet that has a code for a month of Marvel Unlimited on one side and a vague ad for a new Playstation Gear store on the other

Oct 25, 2017
checked for you

nope, literally just one little sheet that has a code for a month of Marvel Unlimited on one side and a vague ad for a new Playstation Gear store on the other
thanks homie <3 saved me from making a dick out of myself whining about an incomplete used copy 🙏

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused....what was produced by him pre-Get Out that was widely seen as a sign of "stay away"? He honestly hasn't done much before Get Out besides Key and Peele and Keanu (both of which were generally positive). If anything it was shorts or really obscure things that were not widely known/watched at all.
Pretty much all I knew about Key and Peele were their unfunny appearances on The Daily Show or Colbert. The clips of their show always looked like lowest common demoninator, broad-as-a-truck comedy.

Until Get Out they were both at Tyler Perry level for me when it came to their involvement being seals of quaility. Clearly Peele at least had a lot more to give.

Ironically the friend of the main character in Get Out felt like he was plucked from a Tyler Perry or Will Ferrell comedy but it somehow was done just sparingly enough and with enough heart to cut the tension of the rest of the movie without being annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much all I knew about Key and Peele were their unfunny appearances on The Daily Show or Colbert. The clips of their show always looked like lowest common demoninator, broad-as-a-truck comedy.

Until Get Out they were both at Tyler Perry level for me when it came to their involvement being seals of quaility. Clearly Peele at least had a lot more to give.

Ironically the friend of the main character in Get Out felt like he was plucked from a Tyler Perry or Will Ferrell comedy but it somehow was done just sparingly enough and with enough heart to cut the tension of the rest of the movie without being annoying.
whhaaat

the key and peele show is amazing and was poignant at times.

Oct 25, 2017
oh right they did email me about my sub renewing soon

I need to use last year’s promo code...

last year I used the year prior’s code at the last minute because it seemingly didn’t expire and I’d been waiting for the Beastcast 100 shirt to come back in stock (and kept missing it) before I used it

so I didn’t need to buy anything else and now, hmm

Oct 25, 2017
oh right they did email me about my sub renewing soon

I need to use last year’s promo code...

last year I used the year prior’s code at the last minute because it seemingly didn’t expire and I’d been waiting for the Beastcast 100 shirt to come back in stock (and kept missing it) before I used it

so I didn’t need to buy anything else and now, hmm
What promo code?

Status
Not open for further replies.