• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh man lol that gbe playdate pre-show

does dan need to go back in the shame blanket

Xr9Ipakl.png
PZ3ILGGl.png

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
God fucking dammit... The limited PSVR support and the fact I could play tonight makes me seriously think about buying Ace Combat on PS4 instead of waiting for the PC Version....

Even tho the PC version is like 25$ cheaper and I'm sure looks a lot better (and maybe smoother? Haven't watched the DF video yet)....

Curse you Bamco

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God fucking dammit... The limited PSVR support and the fact I could play tonight makes me seriously think about buying Ace Combat on PS4 instead of waiting for the PC Version....

Even tho the PC version is like 25$ cheaper and I'm sure looks a lot better (and maybe smoother? Haven't watched the DF video yet)....

Curse you Bamco

Which PS4 do you have and what CPU + GPU do you have on PC?

Oct 27, 2017
Probably wouldn't expect Vinny in any content today. It snowed a little bit over night and commuting in from Jersey seems to be fucked based on some people I've been talking to today. And seems like Abby is out today as well so the most we'll probably get today is Alex + Dan + maybe a guest for Die Another Friday

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
Probably wouldn't expect Vinny in any content today. It snowed a little bit over night and commuting in from Jersey seems to be fucked based on some people I've been talking to today. And seems like Abby is out today as well so the most we'll probably get today is Alex + Dan + maybe a guest for Die Another Friday
if both vinny and abby are out there won't be a stream, they are both the producers, I can't imagine alex and dan would be able to run the studio.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Or they might cancel it...

Not that I'd wish that.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Pro

i5-8400 with a GTX 1080

Also I just remembered you also get ACe Combat 5 with the PSN purchase.... Yeah ok it's REALLY tempting now

I'd recommend the PS4 Pro version! The game runs at (1080p) 60fps 99.5% of the time, per DF, and you also get the VR mode and Ace Combat 5, like you mentioned!

You might be able to run it at near 4K or maybe even 4K on PC, but the other settings don't really go past the consoles so all you'd get is a resolution bump by waiting for PC! The resolution being 1080p is fine IMO since you're up in the sky and focusing on what's in front of you which isn't really too much in terms of raw geometry and such!

Oct 27, 2017
Well actually Abby tweeted saying she was heading out of town for the weekend so she might be in, dunno why I assumed she was already out.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Interested to see more Mike Mahardy and Dan content.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up for another Mike Mahardy's Die Another Friday...

Speaking of which....

May 5, 2018
Man, Ace Combat 7 looks so good. Almost too good for my PC possibly. I might still try it, but I got to know if AC7 on Steam is compatible with a PS3 controller (yes I'm that lousy that i don't have a PS4 controller). I've also yet to test my machine on slightly older games to see if it's worth it.

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC Mike also lives in Jersey so might be a crapshoot for him as well. If I was in Jersey I wouldn't bother coming in, who knows if the storm will get worse tonight.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'd recommend the PS4 Pro version! The game runs at (1080p) 60fps 99.5% of the time, per DF, and you also get the VR mode and Ace Combat 5, like you mentioned!

You might be able to run it at near 4K or maybe even 4K on PC, but the other settings don't really go past the consoles so all you'd get is a resolution bump by waiting for PC! The resolution being 1080p is fine IMO since you're up in the sky and focusing on what's in front of you which isn't really too much in terms of raw geometry and such!

Yeah I think I'll do that....

I wish the PS4 supported 1440p like the XB1X does since this is what my main PC monitor is running at. It obviously scales to 1080 but the scaling is not amazing.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Please, no more Mike Mahardy. He brings out the worst in Dan, and those two together might as well just be a podcast.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Ace Combat 7 looks so good. Almost too good for my PC possibly. I might still try it, but I got to know if AC7 on Steam is compatible with a PS3 controller (yes I'm that lousy that i don't have a PS4 controller). I've also yet to test my machine on slightly older games to see if it's worth it.

Steam supports the DS3, actually! You just need to get the drivers from the PSNow app and you're all good to go!

Yeah I think I'll do that....

I wish the PS4 supported 1440p like the XB1X does since this is what my main PC monitor is running at. It obviously scales to 1080 but the scaling is not amazing.

Ahhh, I see. Well, with your rig, you'd def be able to run it at 1440p 60fps, as far as I'm concerned. Tough situation! I'd still go with the PS4 version, if it was my decision!

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Hot take: The push in Blood Money is funnier than blunt object throwing in new Hitman games.

The only thing I hated was that pushing someone into water meant they insta-drowned.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Ace Combat looks pretty cool, but this is like peak-insufferable Dan. Watching (almost) every missile and then getting giddy over every explosion, all the while completely ignoring and failing at the objective.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you could watch the missiles in AC7 and knowing that now makes me want to play it at least 75% more than I did before

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
so I'm the only one who's nerdy enough to always be confused a bit by the core premise of the NO THEY AREN'T rant, because the entire thing comes from Brad talking about an HD remaster announcement as a "remake" and acting like Capcom is acting like it's a new game

Status
Not open for further replies.