• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Spoilers for Micah in RDR2

One thing I would've liked for his character was some actual depth. The entire time he's such a blatant asshole all the time that I was expecting him to have a change of heart or at least show a different side of himself at some point in the story but nope. Out of all the characters of the gang, he's the least interesting person (but is very well-acted nonetheless). I actually would've liked it if American Venom ended with Sadie, Charles, and John talking up how they're gonna kill Micah in order to avenge Arthur but instead of being in a criminal hideout, Micah's a changed man who's living as a farmer and has a wife & kids. Then the player can choose to kill him or spare him, maybe even ask themselves some philosophical questions about who's worthy of redemption and who isn't. If John is then why not Micah? It also could've tied into the name of the final mission, "American Venom", since that mission title could've symbolized the poisonous nature of revenge.

I think that even though his character doesn't have a ton of depth, that kind of ending would have completely gone against everything that character was about, which was get rich, kill anyone who gets in his way and survive at any cost. When John finally grows up he finds out that his true nature was being someone who wanted to be a husband and a father to some extent. Micah's true nature was being the same double crossing scumbag who I think kills a little girl just days before he finally gets killed by John.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time for Breezy's Warhammer content update!(Since we're still in a drought)

So I have made strides in my campaign to control the Vortex. I have eradicated the miscreant high Elves that remain.
Their last stronghold that I rained hell upon. said:
CFwRqNE.png

In that, I noticed that my enemy the Dark Elves have almost completed the ritual to gain control of the Vortex. So I made my way towards them. I cut a bloody path across their continent and landed upon a capital of theirs, which I hurriedly took over as I was being surrounded by other Dark Elves. And now I hold a capital of theres, and if they try to complete the ritual without this site, it will fail spectacularly.
Look at the little men RUN! said:
Life magic is dangerous said:
Seriously my Dragon Princes are cool said:
I'm the little white Icon inbetween all the purple. said:

However, in my foolish haste to stop their ritual, I gave the go ahead to start my OWN ritual for the next step in gaining control of the Vortex. Unfortunately this means I attract Chaos to my power. So now my home is besieged by Chaos and I'm actually losing pretty hard.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I think that even though his character doesn't have a ton of depth, that kind of ending would have completely gone against everything that character was about, which was get rich, kill anyone who gets in his way and survive at any cost. When John finally grows up he finds out that his true nature was being someone who wanted to be a husband and a father to some extent. Micah's true nature was being the same double crossing scumbag who I think kills a little girl just days before he finally gets killed by John.

Yeah for me there's no way to look at John at his worst, and Micah at his worst and find any sort of equivalence. I think it's almost important to have Micah as a bit of a one dimensional heel, because what he's there to do is give the slow internal corruption of Dutch a catalyst.

It would also kind of ruin Arthur in that he very clearly saw John as someone who had the potential to be redeemed and Micah as someone who didn't. So if the game ends on the note of "what the fuck did Arthur know anyway", it's kind of grim given how he went out.

Abby with her wife, very wholesome

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the new EDF game looks amazing

the frogs gib and blow up and pour their splatoon blood all over buildings

I want this on PC

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
i just skimmed the bombcast looking for the sonic stuff and in every segment i stumbled on there was something wrong being said

-saying MUA3 was a character action game with MCU characters
-talking about how we hadn't seen how Outer Worlds really plays
-saying the new PUBG map has no snowmobiles

and half the guys saying "oh i haven't watched the trailer for that"

this has been my ineffectual nerd complaint

Nov 4, 2017
If there's any Bombcast where I would expect them to miss a bunch of stuff and get things wrong, it's the one that comes after GOTY recording. I'm sure everyone besides Brad was too tired to pay attention to much of anything in the news/Game Awards (not that Brad wouldn't be tired, but he had to put together the news section).

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Easiest way to kill the AI is to just be patient and forward smash. Again and again. Also having a down B like kirby's stone.

Also, i l ike WOL but it's so long. lol. Even beating most things on the first try it's still long.

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Best Christmas songs:

#3 Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade

#2 Last Christmas - Wham!

#1 Fairytale of New York - The Pogues & Christy MacColl

Ireland and the UK have had a monopoly on great Christmas songs post-1960s with the only US entries in that conversation coming from the Rat Pack era. Has Australia or Canada even contributed a song to the Christmas canon?

Last edited:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I have a really hard time of taking Drake serious. He's always seemed like a joke. Like, when he tries to be hard and tough he just comes off as fake and I find it hilarious.

He's been pretty good on SNL though...

Status
Not open for further replies.