• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
nah g'wan with it see what happens

42.jpg

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
say what you will about the moderation, but at least they had the good sense to not give alleged serial killer and general strange egg Dennis a position of power he would surely cruelly abuse

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Beat Into the Breach after 10 hours with all 4 islands secured. Now I know why howlongtobeat has it at 4-5 hours for just mainlining it. I'll try doing the final mission after just two islands on my next playthrough.

The idea of dynamically manipulating enemy movements to your advantage is such a novel thing in tactics games for me, and one one hand I feel good taking to it so well that I had a pretty smooth experience in that one run, completing most challenges on every mission and never being close to any of my units dying or the power grid from failing. On the other hand, I never felt that good high tension in barely scraping by a difficult mission like in other strategy/tactics games because of how well I took to Into the Breach's systems. The final mission was... relatively easy and kinda anti-climactic, even with the twist. That's probably going to be remedied by trying out the different mech squads and playing on Hard, but I'll have to put that on hold when I've got a couple more games I wanna finish before the year ends. It was a good time and the one game this year that made me feel real smart, but I'm not yet sure where it falls into my 2018 rankings!

Celeste is up next.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the Oculus launch stream and they just announced that Palmer will be on the show with them soon (he played Airmech against Brad)...ugh....

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit I just realized that I need to play through Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep in the next month and a half. Maybe I can skip KH2, but I haven't played it since release.

Oct 27, 2017
Sitting here browsing expensive watches while my SO plays the PC version of Sonic Adventure 2, waiting for some Taco Bell to be delivered to our apartment. #blessed

Oct 27, 2017
After finishing GRIS and Celeste, updated GOTY rankings

msOw1NP.jpg

Far from final tbh. Vampyr and Monster Boy could knock Battletech and BFV off when all said and done.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Actually, Roma is competing with The Thing for best dog performance. There is a very good boy in that movie.

And finding out Gritty is a cop would be like Weird Al getting #MeToo'd. I couldn't handle it.
After finishing GRIS and Celeste, updated GOTY rankings

msOw1NP.jpg

Far from final tbh. Vampyr and Monster Boy could knock Battletech and BFV off when all said and done.
Boot Odyssey and install Vampyr and you've got yourself a list.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I stuck with RDR2, just finished Chapter 4 and there were plenty of exciting moments near the end

The change of scenery in Chapter 5 is welcome, but this sort of narrative detour often feels life padding.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Joeku and I would like to remind the thread that this investigation goes on and we will not be deterred.

Thank you.

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
If Raiden is fighting Metal Gear Ray on a floating platform with no entrance or exit how does Olga, Solidus, Ocelot, Fortune, and Snake show up, and where in Big Shell does that fight happen?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
If Raiden is fighting Metal Gear Ray on a floating platform with no entrance or exit how does Olga, Solidus, Ocelot, Fortune, and Snake show up, and where in Big Shell does that fight happen?
That fight doesn't happen in an actual space, it's in a video game. Like, textually, that space doesn't actually exist. It doesn't make sense and isn't supposed to. The game could maybe do a better job of through Raiden, telling you how fucked up and broken you're supposed to be by that point. Raiden's just kinda passive through most of the cutscenes, like Kojima protagonists tend to be.

ket

Jul 27, 2018

there's a point in mgs2 were it stops making much sense and enters this realm of dreamlike interpretation and nonsense

Oct 27, 2017
The fight at the end of MGS2 takes place on top of Arsenal Gear. Snake and Raiden exist from inside of Arsenal to the platform. The Rays he fights are in the water surrounding Arsenal. Big Shell was sunk, replaced by Arsenal. Snake and Olga and all the rest show up/leave from inside of Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.