• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah don't get me wrong... I much prefer spending time with my family than listening to grown man argue about videogames... It just sucks for the spoilers
Conversely, it was nice to have a couple hours of reprieve during a week when you're otherwise locked in with people that can get on your nerves after awhile. I would shovel, walk, walk pets, find some sort of other chore to volunteer to do or whatever. This was more doable when the podcasts episodes weren't each the length of an HBO miniseries, though.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only have a day and a half off work next week so I don't have to worry about avoiding family.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... I could totally go for a Bioshock VR remake (if it's well made)... Haven't played the original game since release.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm... I could totally go for a Bioshock VR remake (if it's well made)... Haven't played the original game since release.
If they use the remaster as a base, that'll ruin the aesthetic close up. That thing needs to look like it's covered in fresh piss.

Neat idea for VR if they're clever about using guns in one hand and powers in the other.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Why must everything be VR these days, it's a terrible thing. Wish companies would stop pushing it.

It's just like the PSP.

Sep 12, 2018

Legit thought this was Jeff dropping a homophobic slur but nobody mentioned it until I saw a comment asking about it and someone replied saying it was "this FAQ is good".

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck, it's hell (also be prepared to spend money)
Ah... I know that the software (forgot the name) is something like 15 Euros but is it that difficult?

I mean for seated experience I guess... I know that anything ressembling roomscale with Move and Cameras is a clusterfuck but I read that if you just want basic headtracking for.... driving games... is actually not too bad?

Can you not do that through the PS4 browser?

Interesting...

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Wow, that Guardians 3 thread is more disgusting that I thought it would be.

Appararently you're not allowed to cry

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah... I know that the software (forgot the name) is something like 15 Euros but is it that difficult?

I mean for seated experience I guess... I know that anything ressembling roomscale with Move and Cameras is a clusterfuck but I read that if you just want basic headtracking for.... driving games... is actually not too bad?

Interesting...

You might be good with just that software if all you want is head tracking! I tried to get standing VR going a year ago and it did not go well!

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Crying isn't for cool guys who do cool guy things. I never cry*

*except for those times I do

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think it's more people grousing at the idea of people choking up in movies based on something that's designed to sell ads to children. i am indifferent-to-mildly-resentful of how dominant cape flicks have become, but even i don't think that's a fair criticism. the Marvel flicks in particular actually seem to make an effort to get the audiences invested emotionally most of the time, which works sometimes and falls flat others, but the fact that they're trying is more than you can say for a lot of other 'dumb' blockbuster entertainment

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
You might be good with just that software if all you want is head tracking! I tried to get standing VR going a year ago and it did not go well!
Yeah I heard it was a pain in the ass to get both the room scale (with 2 official PS3 cameras) and get the move working (completely separate process)...

I already have one of those cameras and I might be able to borrow one from work so I might try it over the holiday break just for funsies but yeah that sounds like a pain.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
It's just really silly to gatekeep over entertainment and what you're allowed to have an emotional reaction to. Like yeah, Grave of the Fireflies is depressing and sad as hell but Yondu at the end of GotG vol 2 also had me emotional.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
On the latest Mega64Cast, Rocco told a story about his car accident that was paced and delivered in the exact manner that Jeff would have told it

I swear, those two are alternate reality versions of each other, which is why they can never meet

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Why must everything be VR these days, it's a terrible thing. Wish companies would stop pushing it.

It's just like the PSP.
Counterpoint, it's actually pretty good and also all the teams working on it are small side teams that aren't receiving the main budget and development power of these big companies

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
On the latest Mega64Cast, Rocco told a story about his car accident that was paced and delivered in the exact manner that Jeff would have told it

I swear, those two are alternate reality versions of each other, which is why they can never meet
the last time giant bomb was great
Fp8Fk2ml.png

Can I cry about Big Poppa Pump being banned from attending the Hall of Fame
yes

Status
Not open for further replies.