• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I was merely talking about the movie. If you have a problem with ultimate spider-man you can take it up with Bendis. Jeez, what a comic book nerd :P

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see Spiderverse, but I agree that it looks like trash from everything I've seen. Obviously some people like the aesthetic but I hate it.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
v1.bTsxMTE3MDkxOTtqOzE3OTk0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

remember this

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao @ threatening to ban people who aren't verbose enough in the GOTY thread. what a fucking joke

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • You must have at least one comment on your ballot or it may not be counted. The comment must be more substantial than "best game ever LOL" etc. Posting without comments may subject you to a ban. Do NOT post a ballot without any comments.

like i get formatting is important for the tally by threatening to ban people? how lame

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hey now dan would NEVER do that

he just pretends to run his coworkers off the road for fun. totally different
I still can't believe this was a thing. I know people do stupid stuff when they're young, but fucking with someone daily on their commute is insane and I'm not surprised at all his coworker lost it.
like i get formatting is important for the tally by threatening to ban people? how lame
Eh, they have always had to constantly tell people to fix their shit. Maybe this will get more people to pay attention (probably not).

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I understand Jeff's justified anger because making your kids play kinect games is cruel and unusual punishment

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I've roiled up all you Ultimate Spider-Man dweebs

How's this one

Ultimate Spider-Man sucks and always sucked

I'd prefer to read the Clone Saga on repeat than read any of Ultimate

i don't know what these words mean but they're probably right because comics suck and are for nerds

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm against requiring comments in a voting thread. Let people comment if they want, but forcing people to do it only discourages votes and means you get a bunch of people with throwaway comments that don't offer any real insight.

I also have no interest in publicly voted awards, so I don't give a shit either way really.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Subautica after downloading it for free from the Epic Store. Been interested in it since the QL earlier this year and you can't beat free

Still early on but this is a really good stick and rock survival game. Plus I like ocean environments, and it can be really beautiful. It can also be scary and unnerving at times. Also the soundtrack is like halfway between Cyberpunk and MGS 2

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I could write a paragraph on how meaningful Celeste is to me but comments being mandatory is annoying.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing Subautica after downloading it for free from the Epic Store. Been interested in it since the QL earlier this year and you can't beat free

Still early on but this is a really good stick and rock survival game. Plus I like ocean environments, and it can be really beautiful. It can also be scary and unnerving at times. Also the soundtrack is like halfway between Cyberpunk and MGS 2
I haven't loaded it back up because I can't find any materials for bleach and I'm scared shitless of dying of thirst, but those 45 minutes of it I played were fun.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm against requiring comments in a voting thread. Let people comment if they want, but forcing people to do it only discourages votes and means you get a bunch of people with throwaway comments that don't offer any real insight.

I also have no interest in publicly voted awards, so I don't give a shit either way really.
Was going to post my list and changed my mind as soon as I saw the requirement

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
isn't the comments thing not only 1. a thing from previous years but 2. a rule in literally every thread that's like that anyway

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
isn't the comments thing not only 1. a thing from previous years but 2. a rule in literally every thread that's like that anyway

1. I can think it's dumb even if it's an every year thing. Not sure why that's relevant?
2. A general discussion thread is different from a voting thread. The barrier to entry for voting should be as low as possible to encourage people to vote.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
1. I can think it's dumb even if it's an every year thing. Not sure why that's relevant?
2. A general discussion thread is different from a voting thread. The barrier to entry for voting should be as low as possible to encourage people to vote.

1. because Kambay was using it as if it was a thing this moderation came up with and not GAF's some years ago
2. there's rules around voting/list threads, is what I mean

honestly I agree that it's an obstacle to voting, I'm just saying it's not like it's out of nowhere

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I could write a paragraph on how meaningful Celeste is to me but comments being mandatory is annoying.
The moment I finished Celeste I knew I had to convince a partiular friend of mine to play it. I eventually did, and far and away my favorite gaming moment of the year was getting a message from them once they finished it. They said they'd pass it on. I guess we both have a tendency to become close with people who are like us in those kind of ways.

I really like that game.
I just finished watching Sorry To Bother You...

What in the ever loving fuck
I saw the trailer once a few months before seeing it, and I am so very glad I didn't hear anything else about it before seeing it lol

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh... I'm still working on my TV series of the year list. I'm too sick to work on two lists at once dammit.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

That game goes places btw...

Like....

Aliens and mech suits and stuff...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Huh... That's the intro cinematic so yeah it goes further than that (litterally lol)
No, it's not that. Hang on, lemme find it.

Edit:

That all said, until I started having this conversation, my chili-addled brain didn't actually connect the two. So I'm an idiot because I'm asking you about things I already know because they happen after this point in the QL that I watched. So nevermind!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Watching a stream of Firewall Zero Hour and that game looks like a ton of fun... Too bad you need a 100$ accessory to play it...

Status
Not open for further replies.