• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2018
REeGR.jpg

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow not a fan of ben immediately making fun of the dance Fortnite stuff. There are some legit questions there as to corporations profiting off free floating cultural points especially often by black creators and immediately joking about it in this derisive tone strikes me as weird

The wider discussion was good but something about that specific bit really stuck me
Almost like you need more than a room of white people and Jan for discussions like that so you could have that perspective of how POC culture gets appropriated constantly without recognition of or compensation to the POC creators. Almost like people brought up this need during the last hiring round.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
well you want the full story, why would you want cut content, I need 100% of the game or it wont make sense. It'll be like in fate stay night where instead of sex they just put their hands on a shirtless shiro.

Does Stay Night get horny

This changes things

Fate Zero was a lot of things but it wasn't particularly horny

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck of course. That's one I can really get behind as well. Along with Mass Effect 2 winning next year.

I'm just rewatching the 2016 awards at the moment and I still find it weird that Super Mario Maker makes it onto the list given that it was GOTY the previous year.

Really says a lot about pubg for not making it this year.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Almost like you need more than a room of white people and Jan for discussions like that so you could have that perspective of how POC culture gets appropriated constantly without recognition of or compensation to the POC creators. Almost like people brought up this need during the last hiring round.
tenor.gif
I dunno, I've been getting the impression for a while that GB, as an organisation, just doesn't have the desire to genuinely engage with the more serious subjects at all. In their pods, at least. Like, the Beastcast can be painfully noncommital or shallow when discussing serious subjects, while the Bombcast generally skips them altogether.

It makes me wonder why they even bring these subjects up--like, I don't want them to avoid 'em, and I don't really think they want to avoid 'em either--but when they, generally, have nothing to say about serious topics, I begin to feel like avoiding it is their better option. 'Cause their current approach is just a bad look into subjects that deserves so much more than that.

Listening to so much Waypoint Radio recently has made this really hard to ignore. They succinctly tackle a bunch of subjects while still offering varied, interesting, and genuinely insightful takes at times. Like, I don't want GB to be Waypoint--it's just, I don't want them to be left behind as the industry changes either.

Gaming, as a culture and industry, cannot ignore its demons any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.