• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
the only problem with 12 angry men is that it poisoned the jury selection process kind of a little for a while in some countries because people have trouble separating reality from fantasy. CSI was a far bigger offender though.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
the only problem with 12 angry men is that it poisoned the jury selection process kind of a little for a while in some countries because people have trouble separating reality from fantasy. CSI was a far bigger offender though.
Yeah, that makes sense. People sensationalize and become attracted to the stupidest shit. Honestly, though, considering the movie was from the late 50's, I'm not sure whether it was actual policy to only put white men on a jury, whether that was incidental, or whether that was an intentional choice for the movie. I'd like to learn which it was.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
The ''97 version (which is also good, but not as good) mixes up the racial casting a bit to interesting effect (due to the themes of the movie)

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'd assume as much but there is a racial element to the story so it almost feels stronger by being 12 white guys? After this I'm curious to see the recent take because James Gandolfini was great and Tony Danza was...interesting... but I have a feeling it's going to be less powerful if it's not a bunch of predominantly WASPs deciding the fate of someone who isn't like them.

Edit: You edited your post and now mine doesn't make quite as much sense but I get what you mean. I call for a secret vote on expelling Jintor, and if there is no "not guilty", I'll submit and let it go and we can be done with this.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i can't be on a jury anyway, since i'm a registered lawyer

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get is why they rushed to the market with the twelve angry men team up right off the bat

They should have went with stand alone movies for each man first and properly built up the 12AM Universe

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd assume as much but there is a racial element to the story so it almost feels stronger by being 12 white guys? After this I'm curious to see the recent take because James Gandolfini was great and Tony Danza was...interesting... but I have a feeling it's going to be less powerful if it's not a bunch of predominantly WASPs deciding the fate of someone who isn't like them.

Edit: You edited your post and now mine doesn't make quite as much sense but I get what you mean. I call for a secret vote on expelling Jintor, and if there is no "not guilty", I'll submit and let it go and we can be done with this.
The funny thing that goes along with Jintor's CSI mention is that William Peterson is also in that newer adaptation.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oops... I guess I actually completely fucked my Linux install... Had to reinstall it on a new partition as I am no longer able to boot off the old partition... I do have access to it tho so I'm making a backup of it and see what I can save... Sigh

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of that many good ones either.
And most that come out are for games none of them played.
Assassin's Creed, Breath of the Wild, Horizon, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Witcher 3, Bloodborn, The Forza Horizon games (single and multi), The Last of Us...

There is a lot of really good stuff between now and Bioshock 2 lol

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
the heartless are capable of shooting beams that remove Mickey's clothes...

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Jump Force feels... okay? Definitely better than that last awful J-Stars game that came out over here.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i'm actually super tempted by ace combat. i dunno whether to get the ps4 version on the basis that i have a vr helmet or just get the pc version because of shinier... things. i assume.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bring this up again but I just finished the Gearbox talk on the Bombcast and I was kinda waiting for the "OMG Jason doesn't shut up" thing some folks mentioned and now I'm honestly not sure if that was a meme or something? Like, I'm honestly baffled what people were talking about.

#blitzpressions of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

B2Ucb2t_d.jpg
That bad?
It honestly never looked or sounded good to me, so I'm not terribly surprised to hear that.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bring this up again but I just finished the Gearbox talk on the Bombcast and I was kinda waiting for the "OMG Jason doesn't shut up" thing some folks mentioned and now I'm honestly not sure if that was a meme or something? Like, I'm honestly baffled what people were talking about

Dude at this point you should know that some people hate just to hate.

it's difficult to get annoyed with him ignoring the objectives when he sounds like he's just having so much fun haha

He's genuinely sounding like he's having the time of his life.

Too bad it seems there isn't much meat to the vr stuff. Sounds like it could be expanded.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i'm not hating to hate, i was straight up getting annoyed by jason during that segment. Jeff would say a thing and Jason or Ben would try and make a joke, which was fine as the segment began, but got kind of weird as it started to dovetail. I know he added qualifiers but they still didn't really land.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
And the Beastcast was making sardonic remarks and jokes the whole time too. People saying that it was inappropriate that hella missed the mark.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any experience with this btw?

It looks like a 3D stardew valley and the reviews are pretty positive on it...

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
During the knife moment, half of the people in my class gasped and I, either in my head or under my breath, went "fuck yeah." That's the good filmic shit. That's the kind of twist I live for: "Yeah, I broke the law. So what? That just makes this muddier."

Henry Fonda is so dang good in that film. Actually, all of them are.
the heartless are capable of shooting beams that remove Mickey's clothes...

uh what

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ at the ronda roussey thread.

"I know transphobia is considered awful now, but transphobia used to be considered the right attitude, so how can we be so sure that transphobia is actually wrong?"

At this point I'm going from indifference to actively disliking the new MK.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017

"I know transphobia is considered awful now, but transphobia used to be considered the right attitude, so how can we be so sure that transphobia is actually wrong?"

that's some galaxy brain shit right there

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
wow nobody knowing republic commando is killing me (even though I played like 3 levels of republic commando and bouced off it)

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
also i tried cytus one because that was the free one and it kind of didn't give me good responsiveness. but then i booted up Bang Dream and Love Live again just to check and it turns out i have bad inputs on my phone because of my gross af fingers

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
also i think generally i need more tactile feedback for input responses, like controller shake or something

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I still can't comprehend how anyone thought going out of their way to hire a non-actor celebrity with a huge bag of controversy surrounding them was a good idea

maybe it's a the producers situation

Liquid Shake

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

Hold on now Antiwhippy, let's just think about this for one second. Maybe being an intolerant asshole is the right way of thinking?
Jesus I regret reading through some of that thread now.

Anyway, I've been super busy lately (started a new job) so what would you lovely people say are the must-see videos on giantbomb.com from this week?

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bring this up again but I just finished the Gearbox talk on the Bombcast and I was kinda waiting for the "OMG Jason doesn't shut up" thing some folks mentioned and now I'm honestly not sure if that was a meme or something? Like, I'm honestly baffled what people were talking about.

I was surprised when I saw that, too.

Ironically, pretty much every single person on the Beastcast ended up cracking more jokes on the subject than Jason did.

Oh God.

That a lot of people are stupid as fuck when it comes to trans issues isn't news, but it sounds like the Rousey thread broke new ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.