• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Whoo, 2nd Apeleg victory, first on PC. We routed so luckily we won with 4 kills between us and really good gear, but I did have a moment where me teammates were dead and I smartly used Bangalore's ult to zone out the squad we were fighting in a narrow cannon, then revived them both. So I'ma take credit for clutch play of the match. Still extremely fucking good game.
Sounds badass!

Did you throw out your shield first then triggered the ult?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
019283.png

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
oh shit that's right, still not used to the names yet lol

yeah her smoke ability is sweet
The enemy squad at the end had one too. We had a great, messy fight in The Pit (that tall cylindrical place) fighting it out and firing smoke back and forth for a solid two minutes. It was awesome; I wish I recorded stuff. It wasn't amazing playing, but it was fantastic play. Tons of fun; like a story Austin would tell.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My Apex Legends experience (PC) has largely been getting merc'd before I can barely get anything more than a single weapon.

I'm with Abby, I kind of had my fill of the BR genre with PUBG. Loading up a game, dropping, looting just to die in five seconds to people who have put in 20x as much time as you just sucks.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My Apex Legends experience (PC) has largely been getting merc'd before I can barely get anything more than a single weapon.

I'm with Abby, I kind of had my fill of the BR genre with PUBG. Loading up a game, dropping, looting just to die in five seconds to people who have put in 20x as much time as you just sucks.

Abby with another spot on take

Make her king, as we move torward a new world order

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The wimp ass voice acting from the protagonist makes me wish Anthem went with silence

Maybe the female voice is better, which seems to be the case 90% of the time

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
The wimp ass voice acting from the protagonist makes me wish Anthem went with silence

Maybe the female voice is better, which seems to be the case 90% of the time
I don't hate the voice acting in Anthem but to each their own.

I just don't like when I don't have a voice at all. Like what RDR2 online is doing. Like what The Division did. It's a minor complaint but it's mine.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I don't hate the voice acting in Anthem but to each their own.

I just don't like when I don't have a voice at all. Like what RDR2 online is doing. Like what The Division did. It's a minor complaint but it's mine.
Destiny 2 was really dumb about this, because the character talked once in awhile in Destiny 1 (remember the "Little Light" joke?). The character didn't talk in Destiny 2 at all until the expansion where they effectively said "Naw, I'ma do this for me because of what they did to Cayde," and it was supposed to be a big badass moment but...we all heard you talk for a whole game then just stop, Protagonist.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
I've played two matches of Apex and won both of them and I think I'm just gonna let that undefeated record stand for eternity

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Scheduled to play Apex for the first time with my group of friends in an hour.

Going to watch GB's advanced tactics video for tips

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_protagonist

Reception has varied widely according to its use, ranging from praise for its help immersing a player in the game, with titles such as Half-Life 2 and franchises such as Mario and The Legend of Zelda frequently cited, while the protagonist's lack of communication has at times been noted as hindersome to plot development, as in one reviewer's comments on Grand Theft Auto III.[7] Others have stated that real immersion in a game would require a character to speak, since in such situations, the player would naturally vocalize and the protagonist does not

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
What were your stats for that match?
iirc aside from a few stragglers we only got into one "real" fight and it was the last one
we downed the first two and I chased after the last but they got me before I could get them
our third (who was super good) got downed after LiK revived me and I was down again half a second later (we were in a tiny ass room) but he punched them and won it for us lol

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm at about 13 wins now. Got 2 back to back tonight with some friends and a bunch of #2 and 3s on PS4. It was painful watching the stream today

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm at about 13 wins now. Got 2 back to back tonight with some friends and a bunch of #2 and 3s on PS4. It was painful watching the stream today

People are really good on PC. I can usually hang on PC shooters but the crowd for Apex seems savage. I'm doing alright on Xbox. Watching the stream was tough though, still.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a problem with needles in general but there's something that just makes me uncomfortable watching Apex's dude just constantly stab his arm over and over lol.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a problem with needles in general but there's something that just makes me uncomfortable watching Apex's dude just constantly stab his arm over and over lol.
Well I have no needle phobia but Prey makes my eye hurt, or feel raw or numb. I've felt that redness at some point, and the game really brings it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.