• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I can't decide if I like this new Orange Vanilla Coke or not. Orange vanilla makes me think of creamsicles but this is nowhere near as good.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't decide if I think Dan would adore or despise One Piece. There would be no middle ground.
Think they would like One Piece based on the parts of Dragon Ball Z they seemed to enjoy the most, unfortunately it took them almost a year to watch 165ish episodes... imagine them trying to watch 800+ plus episodes (plus it's rife with filler which is no fun to go through).

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Anthem is literally bricking PS4's? What a fucking mess. Not just a bad game, but a cancerous one.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dan talked about having a new feature in the works with a name he really liked on the beastcast

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that on here

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
an hour on hold? the fuck? 20 minutes is max for me then I hang the fuck up.
Wow fuck that. Anthem really screwed us both over. I haven't tried to get my refund, just deleted it off my hard drive.

I wonder how much this killed the PS4 player base.
I WILL NOT GIVE UP
0192837.png

FUCK

reaganstein

Dec 13, 2017
I don't understand how this is what drove you to want your money back. Sounds like the most widespread problem is bad crashes with a couple isolated instances of bricking. Just don't play for a day and see if it's patched. Why do we have to sit in a queue to immediately demand money back? (edit: speaking more generally here to the mentality, not you specifically)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how this is what drove you to want your money back. Sounds like the most widespread problem is bad crashes with a couple isolated instances of bricking. Just don't play for a day and see if it's patched. Why do we have to sit in a queue to immediately demand money back? (edit: speaking more generally here to the mentality, not you specifically)
There's no reason for someone to take a risk with a game that's already causing unusual glitches with the hardware of their console. (And has received a day 1 patch already)

Like, I've always been under the impression that hardlocks and weird crashes on console are extremely rare, and for good reason.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
That DmC bury the hatchet thread yielded the absolute best piece of gold to ever come from ERA

Regarding on how DMCV adopt some of the elements from DmC, well, look at it this way, most of our great technology today was developed in wartime, on World War 2, and maybe even by the Nazi.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

>See if it's patched

nah

Anthem may be mediocre, but it's inexcusable where it's launched in a state that's crashing your console with the potential to brick it. Hearing brad say 'Yeah my PS4 had to rebuild after it crashed' is unacceptable in this day and age. 100%. By an AAA studio.

This being the tipping point for alot of people makes sense. Alot of people can deal with having a mediocre game. But having one with a kill trigger?

That DmC bury the hatchet thread yielded the absolute best piece of gold to ever come from ERA

oh lord that quote is amazing

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the reasons to want to refund a game, it being capable of destroying your much more expensive console seems like a reasonable one

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how a game in 2019 can do enough damage to brick/completely reset a console. These things are supposed to be basically computers now. What a crazy story

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Bro this game might be bricking PS4 hardware. Not only is this game broken, it's homicidal.

If literally any other product is sold broken to a customer, the expectation is that customer should get a refund. I don't know why video games are allowed to get a pass.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit i accidentally became the person who likes the first Terminator more than the second now...crap

I don't even know how they can be compared because they're so fundamentally different.

Alien/Aliens, T1/T2, and (to a lesser extent) Blade Runner/BR2049 are great examples of what filmmakers can do with sequels without marrying themselves to the styles of the previous films. Interesting that Ridley Scott and James Cameron keep popping up in there.

Also, it's something that, collectively, the Star Wars directors have failed at.

Actually, I take that back: The Empire Strikes Back did change things up.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just don't understand how a game in 2019 can do enough damage to brick/completely reset a console. These things are supposed to be basically computers now. What a crazy story
Seriously this should have come out in Cert. but my assumption is that it is hardware checks causing the reboot, either passing a thermal limit, power limit or something along those line or even something like writing bad memory and affecting the OS though this shouldn't be possible but Sony doesn't have the best software engineers in the world so even that wouldn't surprise me.

But how buggy is anthem's code to cause this, what a mess Bioware made.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I don't even know how they can be compared because they're so fundamentally different.
Yup, I talked about it many pages back.
Both films are masterpieces for very different reasons. T1, for how cold it is as a thriller/horror film with a score that is as cold as the film itself on top of it being a very focused and lean picture with almost no fluff. T2, for having ground breaking special effects/stunt work and expanding on the universe in interesting ways while simultaneously weaving in themes of fatherhood, redemption and being in control of your own fate. As much as I hate John Conner in T2, his inclusion is essential to what is ultimately the Terminator's arc and also Sarah Connor's arc(at one point she sort of becomes the real terminator). Again, Brad Fidel scores this film beautifully because he uses some of the motifs from the original but in different contexts giving a different feeling since this Terminator is different.

I find it hard to choose one over the other. It comes down to mood for me. On Somedays, I'm a T1 kind of guy and other days I'm a T2 kind of guy. However, there shouldn't have been any other sequel beyond 2 because the ending of 2 is perfect. "The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it for the first time with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too."

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017

"Reagan" eh 🤔

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, an hour with Sony chat and no refund. I can't think of a major company with worse customer support. The rep literally told me to send my console in for repair.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
OK, I've got a friend that hasn't watched anime since the first couple of Naruto seasons.

What 2010's anime should I recommend to them? Also, they wanted to know which are the most important (not necessarily to watch, but just to know about).

Few things to note -They have "medium-level" fanservice tolerance (self-described), and little to no tolerance for loli fanservice. Maybe don't recommend edgelord shit.
Seeking some help.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Welp, an hour with Sony chat and no refund. I can't think of a major company with worse customer support. The rep literally told me to send my console in for repair.
Man, fuck Anthem.

This is probably the most I've ever been pissed at a video game I bought and planned on enjoying.

Besides Knack 2 and it's unpatched bullshit

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Civ6 saved me from Anthem. I was going to get Origin Access Premire to play Anthem before realising that Civ6: Gathering Storm came out at basically the same time.

Thanks, Firaxis. You're always looking out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.