• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it was mentioned in this thread already, but Alex is on this week's episode of the What A Time To Be Alive podcast.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
They should actually play Contra 3.

I am sure they are Contra'd out but there's not a whole lot of non-Contra games that fit the mold of that series.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I love how they play the song with Eric Clapton in the background like... No biggie... Let me just come in for a quick solo in the middle ok? Cool

Edit: Yeah pretty much this lol... From the Youtube comments:
You know you've made it when Eric Clapton plays backing guitar for you.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
i need to write an email that is going to go over terribly and there is no way around it

ive been putting it off for hours

help
Do or do not. There is no try.

(All those years of embracing pop culture has finally paid off.)
BAE OVER BAY

BAE OVER BAY

BAE OVER BAY
BAE OVER BAY
Strafer is right

The whole story is as good as pointless if you don't save Chloe

And if you were role-playing as Max it makes zero sense for her to turn around and give up at the last second

It's a M Night Shaymalan level twist to save the Bay

And I mean The Happening level Shaymalan[/
giphy.gif

I'm glad at least some folks here know the truth.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should actually play Contra 3.

I am sure they are Contra'd out but there's not a whole lot of non-Contra games that fit the mold of that series.
Metal Slug is right there.

You'd need something that is arcade-y enough to make you want to complete it in one credit and short enough that The Run shouldn't be much more than 30 minutes. It rules out something like Gunstar Heroes, but it does lead to Metal Slug.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
He looks like that dude from The Mummy movies and Spartacus. But like that guy's dumpy brother.

Amenaphus!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
How is the whole story pointless? If you choose bay it's a thematically tied to how no matter how hard you tried and what lengths you go to, sometimes to just can't save someone.

Meanwhile bae is like, what?

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Welp I just

Y'all monsters who don't get thematic arcs.
What, so should that rapist still be roaming around? Should all those bullies be allowed to stay unimpacted? Let that girl commit suicide?

The series spent half of its development emphasising how worthless 99% of the Bay was, so forgive me for going Bae.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Watching DBZ Kai on TV. It's the Buu saga. The ending song is TRASH.

Also can't wait til they talk about Satan's beer.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Is this supposed to be a 1:1 live action remake of the animation film?

I kinda doubt that'll translate well.

Sep 12, 2018
I'm not against remakes but this Disney live action thing seems like the most transparent banking on nostalgia with little artistry, the movies don't even look all that wonderful or exciting to me.

Before I saw Into the Spider-Verse they played the teaser trailers for Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King back to back and it really highlighted how bland these movies are especially in relation to the genuinely fun, refreshing and visually dazzling movie I was about to watch.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Disney will keep making them because they're super profitable. And likewise, you won't see anything beyond a bog standard adaptation because the audience wants it as bland and similar to the animated versions. It is what it is.

Like, the Netflix Jungle Book movie wasn't great, but it was a hell of a lot more interesting than the live action Disney Jungle Book from a few years back. But the Disney one was vastly more successful because that's what people want.

Status
Not open for further replies.