• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I've been totally in the dark on Crackdown 3 other than occasionally hearing it's been delayed again, but for some reason I am doubting it's just another Crackdown 1 game. I don't think the main emphasis will be jumping over buildings and finding/collecting orbs. I'm hoping it is, but I don't think it would have taken so long or run into such turbulence for what is a relatively simple concept. What is the complicating factor? Shoe-horned narrative or online crap?

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
hUPDn1B.gif

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Not that I'm complaining but had my Game Pass sub lapse, so I go to renew it and MS charged me $2 for two months so maybe worth looking into for Crackdown 3.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to end positive on Buu

Mr. Satan and Good Buu saving the day, Vegeta giving his "you're #1" monologue about Goku, the whole world chanting SATAN to power up the attack with pure Satanmania

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of just hoping All Systems Goku is a performance piece that shows the lifecycle of anime fandom.

1. I'll try this, I guess. Isn't anime stupid and for jerks?
  2. Hey, this is pretty cool. I like the fights, and the weird comic relief stuff is really good
  3. I LOVE THIS
  4. This was good, but not as good as before. It doesn't have the novelty and is getting predictable
  5. I'm tired
  6. Now I'm worried we're gonna get another fucking Buu
  7. Anime is for jerks
  8. I'll try this I guess. Isn't anime stupid and for jerks?

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been totally in the dark on Crackdown 3 other than occasionally hearing it's been delayed again, but for some reason I am doubting it's just another Crackdown 1 game. I don't think the main emphasis will be jumping over buildings and finding/collecting orbs. I'm hoping it is, but I don't think it would have taken so long or run into such turbulence for what is a relatively simple concept. What is the complicating factor? Shoe-horned narrative or online crap?

Eh. Development is hard. Projects fall apart for a multitude of issues that have little to do with whatever that project is.

What comes out in a few days time is likely mostly something made over the last few years with little work that carried over from any earlier attempts.

Last edited:

patriciodcj

Oct 25, 2017
Bäregrabe
Each ASG makes me extremely excited for the next one.

I finished the Titanfall 2 campaign last weekend and had a blast! Apex is fine, but I want another single player campaign from Respawn.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I was NOT expecting a reference to Ultimate Warrior's "philosophy" (to put it very loosely), and I am bummed that it went over Dan's head

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
i need someone to be real with me and tell me if hollow knight is good

it is extremely good

is it basically a souls game mixed with an iga castlevania

but I don't know if I'd say this?

like I get the comparisons but gameplay-wise I would feel weird making it out to be more than a Metroidvania (with a fairly large map/number of areas)... like I think the combat and such is very well done, as someone who's on a bit of a break from it after nearing the end of the game and doing a lot of hard fights, but without specifying further what's meant by it, it feels weird to just say "it's like Dark Souls"

though I get the feeling that the comparison works a bit better lore-wise...?

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always thought the Queen biopic would be a mess since I saw that Sacha Barron Cohen interview with Howard Stern (it was a YouTube clip, don't @ me) where he talked about how warped the surviving members' idea of the Queen story was when he was attached to play Freddie. They essentially had the final say and wanted Freddie's death to be the mid-movie conflict and the band's revival as a lame cover band some weird uplifting climax. So Cohen walked.

And now I see Rami Malek winning Best Actor awards as his replacement. Obviously the movie itself isn't up to much but is Malek's performance actually good?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
What if Jan was holding onto a Snorlax instead, though...
Man, did the Deadly Premonition ER always looks....this bad? I mean I know the game is not a looker but was it always this blurry?
Low resolution hurts older #content pretty badly, unfortunately. It's not unwatchable, IMO, but it does detract from the experience a bit.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the Queen biopic would be a mess since I saw that Sacha Barron Cohen interview with Howard Stern (it was a YouTube clip, don't @ me) where he talked about how warped the surviving members' idea of the Queen story was when he was attached to play Freddie. They essentially had the final say and wanted Freddie's death to be the mid-movie conflict and the band's revival as a lame cover band some weird uplifting climax. So Cohen walked.

And now I see Rami Malek winning Best Actor awards as his replacement. Obviously the movie itself isn't up to much but is Malek's performance actually good?
Everyone seems to really enjoy what he did as an actor and I can't count how many times his performance for the live aid segments has been described as pretty amazing. It's a still a Straight Out of Compton biopic but it is what it is. There was never a chance there would be a gritty and dark biopic for Freddy. Not with the existing members around and I doubt they'd even let it happen even in death, I'm sure that estate for the band is sewn up tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.