• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Ape Out is 50% murder rampages and 50% running past dozens of people shooting me. Both are pretty fun. Some of the level design is a little too large.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

here are random things I've watched in the past few years and enjoyed, in no particular order beyond me remembering them:

1. Shirobako
2. Planet With
3. Death Parade
4. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
5. Diary of an MMO Junkie (which, unfortunately carries with it the bizarre heads up that it came out later that the director is like... a literal Nazi, but it's an adaptation and there's nothing of his views added to the show)

I'm probably forgetting other stuff

EDIT: oh Blood Blockade Battlefront, there was also that

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
sucks for the ps4 players, I guess I came out okay because I played PC for once? (still mostly a console guy out of laziness)

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Steins;Gate, Erased, Monster, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Parasyte, Overlord, Phoenix Wright(although the games are way more indepth).etc are all enjoyable even though they are not 2010. As for films, there are a bunch. Almost all of Ghibli's/Miyazaki's stuff are great. I also recommend Akira, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Barefoot Gen, Grave of the Fireflies, Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Sword of the Stranger, Fist of the North Star.etc there's a lot of good stuff and now you got me to searching for that car chase scene in Lupin the III: Castle of Cagliostro....so good.

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
0NJ5uMm.png

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'll keep it for when they improve but for the time being, I'm going all in on The Division 2.
I'm in a strange spot with Division 2

Mechanically speaking, it's clearly the best third-person shooter in quite some time, and I trust Ubisoft more than any other publisher to ensure their game has enough content, but the overall presentation is just so damn weak that I can't muster up any excitement for it.

Like, even Anthem at least has the Javelins, and a couple neat ideas for the narrative, even if they're not well executed. Division 2 just seems like...nothing. I also wanted to mute the audio whenever anyone speaks in the game.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

Mechanically speaking, it's clearly the best third-person shooter in quite some time, and I trust Ubisoft more than any other publisher to ensure their game has enough content, but the overall presentation is just so damn weak that I can't muster up any excitement for it.

Like, even Anthem at least has the Javelins, and a couple neat ideas for the narrative, even if they're not well executed. Division 2 just seems like...nothing. I also wanted to mute the audio whenever anyone speaks in the game.
Yeah I'm not feeling the setting as much as NY on Black Friday but the overall gameplay loop is enough to satisfy me. Seems like they've added a lot of systems and improvements to the game, AI is tough as hell at times and makes me adapt my strategy. idk I was gonna play Anthem and now that's DOA and I am playing Trials but the level grinding in that is tedious but I'm fine with the level grinding in The Division because it's much more fluid and rapid.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not feeling the setting as much as NY on Black Friday but the overall gameplay loop is enough to satisfy me. Seems like they've added a lot of systems and improvements to the game, AI is tough as hell at times and makes me adapt my strategy. idk I was gonna play Anthem and now that's DOA and I am playing Trials but the level grinding in that is tedious but I'm fine with the level grinding in The Division because it's much more fluid and rapid.

I feel it, I'll definitely pick up Division eventually but I think I could wait for the inevitable Ubi Price Drop

Give New Dawn a shot if you haven't already once it goes on sale, it's surprisingly solid

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I feel it, I'll definitely pick up Division eventually but I think I could wait for the inevitable Ubi Price Drop

Give New Dawn a shot if you haven't already once it goes on sale, it's surprisingly solid
As someone who enjoyed FC5 (for the most part), I probably will wait for a sale but yeah, I'll keep my eyes out for New Dawn.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too many huge Ubisoft games to play. I've barely touched Watch Dogs 2 and Far Cry 5. I did like the Division 1 though...

GameOrDie

Alt-Account
Mar 4, 2019
I just finished New Dawn and found it way more fun than 5. It was more because I kept the main storyline for the last possible moment, just exploring Hope County with my dog and clearing all the stashes was a super relaxing podcast game. I'm also really digging the Division 2 beta, for someone who doesn't play multiplayer games at all, do you guys think Division 1 is an ok experience to just jump into and play on my own?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I just finished New Dawn and found it way more fun than 5. It was more because I kept the main storyline for the last possible moment, just exploring Hope County with my dog and clearing all the stashes was a super relaxing podcast game. I'm also really digging the Division 2 beta, for someone who doesn't play multiplayer games at all, do you guys think Division 1 is an ok experience to just jump into and play on my own?

Yeah I solo'd all of Div 1 and enjoyed it. Really solid TPS with a nice atmosphere.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

I'm playing it at the moment and enjoying it well enough. I'm not quite doing it all solo though, I've used the matchmaking a few times when I've gotten stuck.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw The Abyss just now, was not expecting that ending at all.
I don't even know how they can be compared because they're so fundamentally different.

Alien/Aliens, T1/T2, and (to a lesser extent) Blade Runner/BR2049 are great examples of what filmmakers can do with sequels without marrying themselves to the styles of the previous films. Interesting that Ridley Scott and James Cameron keep popping up in there.
T2 and T1 are different, sure, but I don't think it's so hard to have a favorite. I appreciate the way Terminator establishes its world while being a relentlessly paced action movie, whereas in 2, while the universe gets expanded on in some interesting ways, the lore isn't as fresh, and at times the pacing suffers. Enjoy the look of 1 over 2 as well, but that's possibly due to bad Terminator 2 blurays.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Drive-by posting and cross-thread drama, history of antagonistic behavior
Lol, I ruffled some feathers in the "Days Gone has 6 hours of cutscenes thread". Should've known they aren't ready.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

Division 2 has insane attention to detail for a bombed out real world city.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
Guys I beat KH3.

It was alright.

I missed MGS4 around the time it came out, but I think it shares quite a bit in common with it in A Lot of ways.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's been funny to see Jason and Ben's reluctant to use "spanking" in God Hand slowly give way to silent acceptance of the move as they've progressed.

Also, eating oranges while watching Gotta God Hand is the best of life.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Watch_Dogs 2 really is a lot of fun... I hope we'll see WD3 soon.

It's nice to have an open world game with a twist... Even if you have guns and vehicles like many other open world games, it really does feel very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.