• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Giant Bomb |OT 13| I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Shloot

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what the hell happened but I don't feel like playing DMCV anymore

I really like the characters and insane story, but after making it half way through, I feel like I had my fill of the combat. The messy boss encounters don't help either.

Dec 18, 2018
My second DMCV playthrough is going great! Dante and V are so good. Vergil's also good but nowhere near as odd as V or as flexible as Dante.

This'll probably be high on my GOTY list.

Oct 25, 2017
i think the only reason i'm not playing dmc still is because i am actually getting clawhand damage from holding the controller so long lol

also right now my soul needs zelda. breath of the wild: still a fucking amazing game.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and it helps for one health bar. The other one I just can't do. Posture is coming back so fast and then the fight takes ages and I make mistakes.
The difficulty curve is immense in this - it's kinda off-putting and I loved every of their games.
so my general advice is that if a tool helps that much, you gotta do the first blow yourself and then finish the job using it to be safe

...to be fair I feel like on that specific fight I just sorta got lucky with the tool timing, but

...oh, also, if you want to know a specific approach that would probably get you through it

I thought I remembered this being the case so I checked my recording of beating it and

if you hide after you kill the guys and lure him out, you can totally get a stealth hit to start things off (this might also need a stealth sugar)

Oct 27, 2017
i can't really play overwatch (or any game involving the keyboard right now) so instead i'm leading a steppe tribe to glory in crusader kings 2.

Oct 25, 2017
i can't keep track of all this dc live action tv
As long as you can keep track of that Doom Patrol.

Seriously though if you're not already watch Doom Patrol.

All you need in your life is Legends of tomorrow and Doom Patrol.

Also on the last episode of Legends they were eating a dead God's ashes. It's an amazing show.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
anyway, Sekiro progress report, or: FUCK OFF FOREVER, APE

hadn’t played in 2 days and had like half a skill bar so I quickly farmed the rest of it to warm up; got the skill to reduce posture damage from swords and the purple firecrackers since I had sen to burn

then it was go time against this ape

numerous false starts and failed attempts, trying to figure out how to best approach it, and sorta getting used to running away from his second phase when I could get to it with enough healing left to examine it

and then I just fucking went for it, extremely aggressive first phase where I didn’t let up and I only had to heal a single time, whatever the fuck happened that time it went real well

then just ran forever during the second part and occasionally jumping in with nightjar to attack (and desperately deflecting if needed) before running from the scream, using sugars during the scream when I could, and he went the fuck down without me even having to resurrect (though I did use all of my heals)

GOOD RIDDANCE

Oct 25, 2017
Ape is cool because for big souls bosses you usually expect the slow swinging kind of bosses they usually do, but it has such a fast kinetic movement that really plays well to the mobility the game gives you.

Oct 27, 2017
I found every fight mostly fun except the final and your fucking asshole dad. The final boss seemed fun until I got him down to a single fucking hit and fucked it up and for some god damn reason I can't even get fucking close now.

I'm skipping a notorious optional boss for my own sanity. Once I kill this final boss I'm selling the game and never looking back. This is by far my least favorite From game.

Oct 25, 2017
Man Bioshock looks so good still, The art direction in that game holds up so well.
And god damn I forgot how fun the combat is, the vigors are so great.

This was the first game I ever launched on my PC. The art design on Ultra/1440p/144 FPS made my eyes melt

I also found the gameplay held up incredibly well. I'll never understand the revisionist idea that Bioshock Infinite was anything less than a great FPS

Dec 18, 2018
Honestly, the narrative was the big issue with Bioshock Infinite and not the gameplay which was fine.

Took a very long time for the level of political analysis to show up in mainstream games criticism to call that out though.

This was the first game I ever launched on my PC. The art design on Ultra/1440p/144 FPS made my eyes melt

I also found the gameplay held up incredibly well. I'll never understand the revisionist idea that Bioshock Infinite was anything less than a great FPS
Yeah it's absolutely stunning played it originally on high at 1080p at launch and was stunned but now playing at 4k60 at ultra. With Ini tweaks to increase shadows and lighting even higher it still looks incredible. I bet it'd feel so good at 144hz! And yeah I don't get those views at all!

I still stand by the thinking that Infinite had one of the great FPS openers of all time. (Going up to Columbia, Exploring it till you reach the fair)
Yeah it's so great. The boat ride, the launch, the baptism, stepping into Columbia, the beach boy cover Barber shop song, then the raffle. It's just perfect.

Also the fare having the games as tutorials is brilliant

Honestly, the narrative was the big issue with Bioshock Infinite and not the gameplay which was fine.

Took a very long time for the level of political analysis to show up in mainstream games criticism to call that out though.
Yeah I totally agree the centrist thing Levine went with, "both sides are bad!!" Aged really poorly, and even more so in the current political climate

the core Booker/Liz parallel worlds stuff is enjoyable (especially being backed up by gorgeous art, music, and fantastic acting) but there’s so much iffy stuff surrounding the story and setting
B:I is an instance where I can sorta look past that stuff and enjoy the parts I enjoy but even then
like.. they bring up all these charged themes and imagery and go about it in some very clumsy ways
and then by the end none of it is even relevant to what that story actually is?? so... why

idk
I love that game but.... yeah

anyway, I will slut shame anyone who has fucked 1000 cars