• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Guys... Let me give you a piece of Monday morning wisdom... If you can avoid to put yourself in a situation where you have to go to the clinic every other days for over three months I strongly suggest you avoid it... It fucking sucks...

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Like honestly if this wasn't published by sony I feel like the conversation would be 1000x smaller than what it is right now.
Yup, I feel the same way. The reason I'm getting it is because it is a Sony exclusive so I am guaranteed at least quality in some respects. On the other hand, I quite like the idea of having a bike that you upgrade and traverse the world. There is potential to do some great stuff with the atmosphere so execution wise it remains to be seen but, I have hope.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
i think i'd be more interested if day's gone was non-AAA. open world action games with progression are just such a defined thing that it takes a real special pitch to make it stand out to me. and unfortunately for dg, "the thing you expect, but starring a biker, a bike, and FREAKERS" is not enough to rise above the crowd.

i'd want, like.. days gone x xcom or something. throw in some management, or social element, or permadeath--just anything to give it a new gameplay twist.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn;t non-AAA days gone just Ride to Hell Retribution.
THAT'S what it reminds me of. God I loved that awful piece of shit.

i think i'd be more interested if day's gone was non-AAA. open world action games with progression are just such a defined thing that it takes a real special pitch to make it stand out to me. and unfortunately for dg, "the thing you expect, but starring a biker, a bike, and FREAKERS" is not enough to rise above the crowd.

i'd want, like.. days gone x xcom or something. throw in some management, or social element, or permadeath--just anything to give it a new gameplay twist.
I'm very much looking forward to Gears Tactics which should scratch that very specific itch

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Our latest Science in picture form:

KKfV2fq.png

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I feel the same way. The reason I'm getting it is because it is a Sony exclusive so I am guaranteed at least quality in some respects. On the other hand, I quite like the idea of having a bike that you upgrade and traverse the world. There is potential to do some great stuff with the atmosphere so execution wise it remains to be seen but, I have hope.

Let me guess. Each of these simple little videos probably has its own thread on gaming-side.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
"it's a biker game, so the names have to be the absolute worst"

this was their design mantra, i have no doubt

Oct 25, 2017
We're in a forum bubble where people are selectively reinforcing their own disinterest as indicative of wider opinion. It's why you get dudes coming into mobile game and Call of Duty threads going "they still make these?!".

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
also the implications of "hey there was an apocalypse and only bikers survived" (i have no idea if days gone actually suggests this but i'm going with it) is pretty dire. it's /2 levels of apolitical commentary.

Oct 25, 2017
also the implications of "hey there was an apocalypse and only bikers survived" (i have no idea if days gone actually suggests this but i'm going with it) is pretty dire. it's /2 levels of apolitical commentary.
Nah to be fair it's not going that far. It's just they based one of the ideas of the game (seemingly) around bikes being more agile for transport within a localized area.
Though I think they seemed keen on not gettign into the fucked up politics surrounding hardcore survivalists and preppers, so who knows where that goes.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think for me, even if it's a Sony exclusive and those do tend to be good, I'm not really interested in another open world everything game and another post-apocalyptic zombie game. If it gets props for story, then I might consider picking it up, but that's a hard pass for me right now.

Speaking of open world games, I'm surprised I'm as excited for Rage 2 as I am. Literally thing it all has to do with the color-saturated world and general attitude.
days gone has FREAKERs tho
You could probably use that term for most of the cast of Ride to Hell.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone looks like an expertly crafted game, and it'll surely due really well in terms of sales and reviews, but I have zero interest in it.

It's basically Ghost Recon Wildlands all over again for me. A ton of people are going to love this game but there's just nothing to hook me about it.

Last edited:

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone looks like a completely average, competently made open world game with some high production values. A solid 7/10. And for some reason that's engendering so much hate. People should look at Days Gone and think "Yeah that looks fine I guess" and instead people are really against it. Is it because it's been a big part of Sony's conferences for the past couple years? Are people just expecting more from Sony? It's odd how much attention it's getting for how inoffensive it looks

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Battle for the grid devs either got lucky or where capitalizing on the fact that power rangers fans are crazy people and they would have a chance to rescue the game from itself.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone will soon join Detroit at the bottom of the Sony Exclusive barrel, where every recommendation comes with huge caveats.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Sometimes I redbox games I'm planning to buy so they'll be updated and ready to go when I actually feel like playing them. Wish you could opt in to installs and downloads w/o license so you can preload. But hey, bandwidth ain't free.
That's how I ended up buying a physical copy of AC Origins, rented from Redbox and knew it warranted a purchase.

Might just rent MK 11 and play the story mode and return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.