• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the character select screen in the MK11 QL, like half the characters have glowing eyes. That's too many.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit. Kotaku has some article on "How The English Translation Messed Up Final Fantasy VII's Famous Death Scene " and I was curious and its a goddamn 45 minute video? Being grown and not having the time to waste on something that could be put into a few sentences sucks. I may never know the truth. FF7's not very good anyway.

IIRC Tim Rogers has been streaming the entire game and comparing the translation to the original?

so I'm guessing it's probably less a unique video made just to focus on it and more just "hey, this section of playing through it felt particularly significant"

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
anyway you ever just casually fuck up real bad for no reason, just create an unnecessary situation and then have it go inexplicably terrible

business trip's starting today; was about to leave for my train (and thankfully it wasn't the last viable train) and was still grabbing some last minute stuff to throw in my bag, and my rushing ADD brain went past my bag despite holding some of them to pick up the rest... so I put them down in my room, grabbed the stuff there, picked the rest up, was walking out of my room's doorway...

something falls, I think "at least it was just my water bottle, and n-"

a crash, because it wasn't... bottle of one of those Starbucks coffee drinks, clearly an important thing to have grabbed at the last minute and not put immediately by my bag when I passed, goes crashing to the floor, coffee and shards of glass/plastic/whatever goes anywhere, and so I'm left to frantically clean that up and try to find every single tiny shard of it in my room and my hallway

I really preferred it when I was mainly worried about if my cat was gonna be lonely with only my roommate/if she was gonna behave for her inhaler, and not, like, "is she going to hurt herself thanks to missing one incredibly tiny shard of this thing I absolutely did not need to bring into my room, or carry in a way such that it could drop anyway"

so that's fun, to worry about for like 4 days

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
so it turns out my bursa is the mastermind behind my tendon's rebellion.

and calcium is involved or something.

this whole shoulder thing is getting to be a bit much

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
only one person is TRULY in control

PTdz.gif

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
we need someone to assume direct control of this thread

EDIT:

spoiler your pro tips for those of us who like to suffer with honorable foolishness first, please

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
You can firecracker any of the last boss' charge attacks. Pretty much a gamechanger for his later phases.

Lol I didn't even think about that even though I used them a couple of other times during the fight... Oops :)

Interesting, I've been slowly working my way to the 100%. Not sure if I'm going to go with the second playthrough but interested to hear what they change up for that mode.

Yea I am really curious to hear/see the specifics as well. In the interviews they had recently they were talking about how they want to make more meaningful changes than just tweaking numbers to make it more difficult. They want to make it challenging but fun (which is similar to how they have done it in the past). "Yasue said it's "more technical and offensive," and more for those who are "good at action games" and "timing attacks." He said the skill required will change the way you play the game".

KH2 critical was very much in that vein, you had less health but more damage and started with a bunch of abilities (compared to standard/proud). I have high hopes haha. I kept wanting to go back and do endgame stuff (and 100% it), but didn't get around to it. Mainly just found all the treasures and did the hard battlegates. Might just do it all in critical now haha, we will see

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
see I've never been super inclined to play on hard difficulties beyond BBS on Proud, which could actually be difficult enough as is

but I played 3 on Proud too, and at the end I literally had to stop and block for several minutes on every boss, not because they were hard, but because if I attacked for a bit: whoops, bye bye, I never get to see them in action

...having Ultima probably didn't help, since I accidentally ended a boss phase or two just by using its shotlock, but

point is, I'd have chosen to play on Critical if it was offered and I had also specifically known Proud would be like this (since lacking being told this I would have still prob. picked Proud to be safe)... but now I already have the Plat, so I'm not inclined to go back to try it until there's real DLC

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
see I've never been super inclined to play on hard difficulties beyond BBS on Proud, which could actually be difficult enough as is

but I played 3 on Proud too, and at the end I literally had to stop and block for several minutes on every boss, not because they were hard, but because if I attacked for a bit: whoops, bye bye, I never get to see them in action

...having Ultima probably didn't help, since I accidentally ended a boss phase or two just by using its shotlock, but

point is, I'd have chosen to play on Critical if it was offered and I had also specifically known Proud would be like this (since lacking being told this I would have still prob. picked Proud to be safe)... but now I already have the Plat, so I'm not inclined to go back to try it until there's real DLC

Heh I definitely understand, I have played through critical on KH2 (100%) and BBS (didn't do the optional boss fights like mirage arena etc). It was best implemented in KH2, it felt really good balance wise. BBS not so much unfortunately. Haha yea I bet that made proud easy. Nothing wrong with that! I wonder when they will announce what the DLC will be?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was some implications that the DLC, or the first one, or whatever will be

about Xion's time with the Real Org and what she caught up with Roxas+Axel on? or something like that

and I can only assume maybe the mysterious girl in Axel+Isa's past if they're not just leaving that for the next game... who I spent the whole game assuming was Kairi until the secret reports, and now think is Ava, maybe...?

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
I think there was some implications that the DLC, or the first one, or whatever will be

about Xion's time with the Real Org and what she caught up with Roxas+Axel on? or something like that

and I can only assume maybe the mysterious girl in Axel+Isa's past if they're not just leaving that for the next game... who I spent the whole game assuming was Kairi until the secret reports, and now think is Ava, maybe...?

Ahh I don't think I knew that (the implications)! That would be interesting, I like that idea! Haha I had no idea who that was either until the secret reports. I think you are right?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
man acoo makes a waaay better first impression vs. unity. the combat and controls feel a lot better.

greece also feels way less claustrophobic than paris or w/e, but that might just be my distaste for urban areas shining through.

Oct 25, 2017
If the KH has story DLC without Sora they can keep that nonsense.
*Rips open shirt to reveal Sora tattoo*
---
When did Boomerang start airing original programing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dreams looks way more elaborate than i expected.

Is that really fun on a controller?

It's really hard to get used to and work within a 3D space on the Dualshock since the motion tracking isn't great. It's apparently a whole different experience with the move controllers and I've seen video of them in action to verify that they are! Just a simple thing like moving an object is 100x better since you have the full 3D X,Y,Z movement with the controllers. I think the Dualshock can also do something similar, but it just doesn't work as well

Status
Not open for further replies.