• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
What games can you think of that would benefit with just an exploration mode. Doesn't even have to be a scary game maybe one you just hate the gunplay or gameplay.
Part of me wants to say Xenoblade 2 because the environments looked cool but I couldn't stand the gameplay and the million different subsystems it throws at you, but I also hate the character art and a bunch of the story.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
i liked the idea of them but everything was damage spongey as fuck in a game where you kinda want to just musou through things (or bayonetta through things but whatever)

IKNEWIT

I don't know what's the saddest part... The fact he jokes about it or the fact he probably legitimately think this is true...

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Speaking of weird additions to games but ones I actually enjoyed was the town building in Ni no kuni 2. I spent so much time building town and thoroughly enjoyed it

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing that is actually great about the RTS mode is the way they use metal archetypes to make concepts for the units. It's all really well done.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Waypoint needs to survive long enough for Patrick to watch Evangelion.
Two things:

1) Yes, this really has to happen. I am going to watch it for the first time and want them along with me for the ride.

2) You have just the worst avatar. That is deeply unsettling.

The one thing that is actually great about the RTS mode is the way they use metal archetypes to make concepts for the units. It's all really well done.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. The currency for building units is spectral fans and you harness them by building merch stands on those soul geysers. It's great!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
aren't they just openly paying him to do the work
I mean... I don't think they are actually signing him a check to get him to go do those docs (which is what he's talking about)...

It's obvious tho that this is clearly a win-win situation for both sides and that they use him as much as he uses them and imo, that's not a healthy way to do what you pretend to be "unbiased documentaries".

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
So playing through SOMA on safe mode and I liked it the first time I played though it made me so anxious. Like when I played outlast it's physically uncomfortable to play those games for me. Playing with safe mode it's so much better I can explore this well realized world and really soak in the great narrative.

What games can you think of that would benefit with just an exploration mode. Doesn't even have to be a scary game maybe one you just hate the gunplay or gameplay.

I think Brutal Legends without the RTS garbage would be so much better.
The Dark Souls series would be neat, just to walk around those gorgeous areas uninterrupted

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Two things:

1) Yes, this really has to happen. I am going to watch it for the first time and want them along with me for the ride.

2) You have just the worst avatar. That is deeply unsettling.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. The currency for building units is spectral fans and you harness them by building merch stands on those soul geysers. It's great!

God brutal legend is so good.

Top 10 games of the PS360 generation.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I'm playing Saints Row IV for the first time, and it's actually making me think that Saints Row The Third might hold up? I always thought that would be one of those pieces of media I would never revisit for fear of tarnishing golden memories -- from in-game wagons blowing up like cars to GB dudes arguing for hours on end about it versus Skyrim. I'm almost tempted to drop IV and just replay 3 for the first time since it came out.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

its actually a super cool RTS thematically, I love the way each factions units kind of emphasise their style and relate to their game mechanics at the same time. it just feels like butts to actually play

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm watching this XBand documentary and just... Just look at this dude's hair...holy shit this is majestic

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just don't like RTS games in general so that turned me off of it. Though I agree thematically it was wonderful. Brutal Legends was a great game unfortunately it was still a bad game

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
7yln6ZO.gif

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, speaking of brutal legend.

Top 10 games of the PS360 era.

1. Dark souls
2. Demon's souls
3. Rock band 2
4. Steins;Gate
5. Valkyrie Chronicles
6. Atelier totori
7. Brutal legend
8. DJ Hero
9. Fallout: New Vegas
10. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Sandler on SNL was the best thing he's done in years. Only one stinker of a sketch. Between this and his Netflix special we might be on the verge of a Sandlercance.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, speaking of brutal legend.

Top 10 games of the PS360 era.

1. Dark souls
2. Demon's souls
3. Rock band 2
4. Steins;Gate
5. Valkyrie Chronicles
6. Atelier totori
7. Brutal legend