• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro showed up this afternoon but uhhh instead I'm just trying to get postgame stuff done in KH3

cause I made a list of synthesis materials and like... it's extremely short so I might as well get it done while I'm already here

so that tonal whiplash will be fun

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Sitting here on the Sekiro product page and going back and forth. I listen to the Waypoint pod and I'm incing closer to purchase.... then I was some videos and I back away.

I'm kinda souring on it right now. I knew I shouldn't have bought it digitally because I had my doubts about the game, but I am still dumb and will never learn.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I actually thought it was kind of lame. Like, "oh yeah, I got a pep talk and my anime protagonist determination will make me go over 9000". Throughout the game we had a lot of attention being called towards the swords being catalysts for a character's awakening, so that felt kinda unearned to me. I was expecting Nero to jump in front of the fighting brothers and get stabbed by both swords, that would have made some sense.
Yeah I can see how it was unearned.

I mean in general the story is pretty bad, most of the end game moments I think what sells it for me is the voice acting. So whatever anime bullshit that seemed epic was enough for me.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely loving this UPF, really great energy from everyone and an ongoing stealth Breaking Brad. Best West stream of the year so far for me.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
"My Life In Games" wouldn't be a Brad premium show, each episode he plays his favourite game from each year since he first played a game. He doesn't need to finish it obviously but just talks about it with Jeff.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
what about it are you souring on?

I'm not enjoying the combat very much. It drags out due to all the parrying you need to do (I imagine there are already people who found crazy combinations of moves and items that allow them to get rid of enemies faster, but i'm not one of them). It's not fair to compare it to Souls games because they're obviously different things, but the character's speed and agility feels kinda at odds with the deliberate combat, to me.

The stealth kills do help a bit in making things a bit faster (and I think that's their main reason for existing, because it sure as hell isn't to make it a competent Stealth game lol).

Oct 25, 2017
From really needs to fix their camera. Dying to a boss after a 20 minute fight because the camera focuses on everything except your character is really annoying. Especially in a game where "everything is fair"

Oct 27, 2017
What are your reservations?

well first that i'm already playing two other games so dont know if i want to jump into something that will need my full attention
second, the nature of it's stealth + combat loop looks a bit awkward to me. plus i've been reading that the bosses are even more hardcore than Souls games and they aren't my favorite part of those games.

so if it's a heavy heavy combat focused game with not as much world exploration but it doesn't relish in over the top combat (like DMC) I dunno if it will stick with me.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
well first that i'm already playing two other games so dont know if i want to jump into something that will need my full attention
second, the nature of it's stealth + combat loop looks a bit awkward to me. plus i've been reading that the bosses are even more hardcore than Souls games and they aren't my favorite part of those games.

so if it's a heavy heavy combat focused game with not as much world exploration but it doesn't relish in over the top combat (like DMC) I dunno if it will stick with me.
This is definitely a game that requires your full attention. Personally, I love stealth action games so im very into the game loop.

Haven't gotten to the first real boss yet but I think I'm pretty close.

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
To echo most people here Sekiro is fucking awesome. No one makes games like From. Also Domino's is trash, I ordered a pizza from there a couple a weeks ago after quite a few beers and it was still disgusting. If you can't enjoy a pizza while drunk you know it's bad. It shouldn't even be among those other places.

Sep 12, 2018
I don't mind Domino's (it seems to be of a better standard in Ireland) but an independently owned wood fired pizza place just opened near me and I can't see myself going back to that big chain. Unless it's like after midnight and I've been out drinking.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro is real good, the parry "clang" is a fantastic sound and getting caught out of the stealth sections just means I get a fun sword fight....for now, anyway.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I uhhh played several more hours of KH3 than planned, but I pretty easily farmed the rest of the materials I needed; all I gotta do tomorrow is level to 99 (which should be pretty fast) and do a couple Gummi ship things and I'll have the Plat, which is nice considering most of the prior games have such ridiculous requirements that I wouldn't go for it

so it's time to get my ass kicked in Sekiro for a couple hours

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
That thing is still so fucking expensive ugh
those grips though *chefs kiss
4c8693d9-e5f3-4484-ba86-221499da385f.jpg

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
playing some dmc5

it's fine I guess, idk
it's no Bayonetta but what is

I think it would be improved if they removed every character that's not Nico and the talking bird

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that they pushed the release of Evangelion on Netflix to June 21 to give Dan time to talk Jeff into making that the focus of All Systems Shinji.

May 5, 2018
I'm just happy that Die Another Friday continues the tradition of wonderful, botchy intros. Stevie the Monkey getting his time to shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.