• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
AC Origins had a good 5 hours of trickery like "Maybe this is a really good game?" and then you get to hour 7 and you realise it's not.

Classic Ubisoft cookie cutter format, playing it safe, The Witcher 3 with no personality.

Oakinn

Oct 25, 2017
The change over to the current style of AC games has me totally invested in the series now where i didnt care before. I thought Origins was fantastic and then Kassandra happened and Odyssey is my new gold standard.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Assassin's Creed: Origins was the best game of 2017.
CD8D497584FFAF252605C389B04233C5AD2A097B

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
after playing through wildlands and p much feeling like this hobby is wasting my time/life, I started to play ass creed origins and am now feeling the opposite. this is a good game heightened by its visuals, (some of the) writing, and a real sense of place. the hot egyptian sun absolutely beating down in the middle of a desert with proper HDR is some next-level stuff.

the ubi-checklists are even masked fairly well -- for each completely nothing sidequest there is one with a little bit more interest & passion, and I love listening to Bayek and hearing his take on things around him

also my god I wish they would drop this modern day nonsense. like they have recreated this incredible landscape of history, people, culture and somehow that can't be enough for a video game, they gotta heighten it with some stupid bs future tech

kinda interested in odyssey but also feel like i'm gonna be wayyy exhausted of this format by the time I finish this game. apparently i'm only a third of the way through this story at 20 hours in.
Bayek is far and away the best protagonist that series has ever produced. (Though Kassandra is great and, obviously, Ezio too) And yeah, I'd recommend a break before Odyssey since it's similar in a lot of ways. You'll probably burn out hard playing those two back-to-back.

cat_nuzzles

Nov 6, 2017
Though not related at all to the intent theory, does anyone else have a hard time enjoying media after knowing the author is fucked.
Like for example I read the enderverse saga and it's one of my favourite series. but now knowing Card's views on Homosexuality I can't ever bring myself to even think of reading them again.

edit: Louis CK is another one he was my favourite comedian before all his shit came out and now I have no interest in anything he does or had done in the past.
Much harder imo if the work is literally about the author's sins/crimes/behavior. I'm not gonna be stoked to watch Manhattan bc Woody Allen literally dates a high schooler in that.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I got a PSVR over the weekend and played through Rez for the first time. It was genuinely one of the greatest video game experiences i've ever had. I played through the entirety of Tetris Effect in one sitting the day after and man, Mizuguchi is god.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Go to the Guardian Ape boss in Sekiro... Ended up killing it on my second try... Gave him the killing blow... woohoo....That was easy... Wait... What's happening?.... Oh come on...

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
ive been a gamer for a long time so ive played a lot of games

most games they end after a while and this game there is no end you just continuously play and its continuously fun

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up my Dwarf campaign just in time for the new DLC hitting Wednesday.

Thank you Breezy for introducing me to this magical game, your sacrifice will not be in vain

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up my Dwarf campaign just in time for the new DLC hitting Wednesday.

Thank you Breezy for introducing me to this magical game, your sacrifice will not be in vain
Because I watched Austin play Total Warhammer 1 on GBI over the week-end I almost bought the sequel but then I noticed that the sale was over and it was back at full price so whatever

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
all this GT talk I was reminded about SIFTD....and had to see if that was still a thing...I guess it is..

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I know he said he is just retiring but I really have to wonder if Reggie will get a job in the industry. Imagine if Microsoft picked him up. Phil + Reggie would be a pretty insane powerhouse

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I know he said he is just retiring but I really have to wonder if Reggie will get a job in the industry. Imagine if Microsoft picked him up. Phil + Reggie would be a pretty insane powerhouse
I wonder what a Reggie being free to talk to journalists (like Phil is ) would be like.

A bunch of "Fuck em'" quotes left and right I hope!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody played Vaporum?

I added it on my Steam Wishlist back in the days when I was playing Legend of Grimrock 2 but never actually bought it... It's on sale right now.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well I can get him to this third phase pretty reliably but so far I've been low on healing going into the 4th. At least this fight is fast though... I thought it was going to be another endurance test like Owl.
By third phase do you mean including Genichiro?

The Genichiro phase and first phase Isshin you can do without any damage if you really concentrate.

That third phase, it's a difference balance, your instinct is to create distance but the reality is you need to be be closing the gap, parrying and doing a couple of hits here and there. I used firecrackers to knock him out of that mortal blade spin he does.

However, his last phase is almost the same as the third, so if you can get to the last phase you can get him for sure, I hope you practiced your lightning reversals!

Compared to DoH this bossfight was a dream, still took me a lot of tries but it's a fun boss IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
By third phase do you mean including Genichiro?

The Genichiro phase and first phase Isshin you can do without any damage if you really concentrate.

That third phase, it's a difference balance, your instinct is to create distance but the reality is you need to be be closing the gap, parrying and doing a couple of hits here and there. I used firecrackers to knock him out of that mortal blade spin he does.

However, his last phase is almost the same as the third, so if you can get to the last phase you can get him for sure, I hope you practiced your lightning reversals!

Compared to DoH this bossfight was a dream, still took me a lot of tries but it's a fun boss IMO.
It's definitely a fun fight. I was dreading it after hearing how hard it was, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I did the Owl. I didn't fight the DoH... I actually have no idea how to get to that fight.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely a fun fight. I was dreading it after hearing how hard it was, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I did the Owl. I didn't fight the DoH... I actually have no idea how to get to that fight.
DoH is dreadful, it's horrendous.

You get to it by going across the rooftops in Ashina castle towards the left, there's a kite flying in the sky and you can grapple to it to get to another path. At the end of that path is DoH, you can do it after you beat the final boss if you wish.

You get 2 lazulite for doing it, so you can get a final prosthetic upgrade, but omfg it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.