• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also it's Vinny constantly trying to convince Alex that mass effect isn't a shit series in spite of the overwhelming evidence that it is so I'm not as into that already.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Wah 4 testicles that reminds me of the time I saw a guy wearing a cup get hit with a baseball and then his testicles split in half wah

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
We did it
493EA414A87F06ED61C3C22B838B9B507932066F

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of Wired to publish that PS5 tease before the Bombcast recording.
I'd say I'm surprised about people talking about crying or shaking for this sort of mostly obvious (excluding SSD & existing PSVR compatability) announcement, but I'm not.

I wonder if they had other plans that went sideways and just said "Hey Wired, come talk to Cerny!" or they really didn't come up with anything else to replace their E3 show.

(Either way between this and Microsoft talking next-gen specifics I'm kinda expecting these in the spring so there's my hot theory.)

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if any game would get a "Pro+" mode or something to take advantage of some of the new stuff.
Or maybe they do that "Boost mode" thing that can be done right now but with a bigger jump. Though I don't have a Pro so I don't know if that really improved anything all that much, performance-wise.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could find something in life that would make me as happy as console specs clearly do for some people in that thread.

Interesting to think though, that we probably only have a couple more console launch cycles ahead of us, and then they are gone for good.

Last edited:

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mass Alex - I Have Thoughts (Not seen the latest ep):

- If left to his own devices, Alex will definitely come out of the last mission with some... compromises
- I think in reality Vinny will help him through it
- Alex not very perceptive

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say I'm surprised about people talking about crying or shaking for this sort of mostly obvious (excluding SSD & existing PSVR compatability) announcement, but I'm not.

I wonder if they had other plans that went sideways and just said "Hey Wired, come talk to Cerny!" or they really didn't come up with anything else to replace their E3 show.

Either way between this and Microsoft talking next-gen specifics I'm kinda expecting these in the spring so there's my hot theory.
I can't read the baby text, but is Cerny's ass still managing their specs? I remember when he was supposed to be the second coming, and then Knack. lmao.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I can't read the baby text, but is Cerny's ass still managing their specs? I remember when he was supposed to be the second coming, and then Knack. lmao.
I don't think anybody really considers Tech Producer Cerny alongside Game Producer Cerny. That said, I don't know how in control of it he was this time around, he was just the person Wired spoke to.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could find something in life that would make me as happy as console specs cearly do for some people in that thread.

Interesting to think though, that we probably only have a couple more console launch cycles ahead of us, and then they are gone for good.

Remember the hype for 8GBDDR4?

The claim for ray tracing is interesting, but I gotta see it to believe it. It's probably a custom solution like checkerboard 4k

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Backwards compability is good.

That SSHD means either limited storage or it's going to cost quite a bit unless the GPU is weak.

I'm spectpitcal of the ray tracing stuff but at least it means that future engines will be made with it in mind. So that's good.

Oct 25, 2017
BioShock infinite is the evangelion of videogames.

And BioShock 2 is the only BioShock game that actually holds up in the gameplay department. And it has the best character writing.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Mass Alex - I Have Thoughts (Not seen the latest ep):

- If left to his own devices, Alex will definitely come out of the last mission with some... compromises
- I think in reality Vinny will help him through it
- Alex not very perceptive
Its kinda crazy that they are going through the upgrade system and not reading the damn text that shows the pros and cons lol. Or like "what does this gun weave do??"

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that "Infinite wishes it was the Evangelion of videogames" is more accurate.

Whatever you think about it's quality, Eva was actually influencial, while infinite killed it's studio.

Shit, that's fair.
-
Also I feel like the stories coming out of Irrational from around that time were a lot of the same shit that was mentioned in the BioWare article from Kotaku but we all just kind of didn't pay attention to it.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Super great read, couple of interesting things to me.
A) Using Zen 2 was sorta a given due to the timeline but it's pretty great as the zen2 architecture sounds like it is going to be pretty insane
B) Navi will support ray tracing, again was sorta assumed but great to hear
c) SSD only makes sense, SSD size has gone up and price down, if you are sony buying ssds they can get a pretty great price, you need to remember it doesn't have to use standard tech, it could be a solder on option who knows.

Anyways I love new hardware and this stuff gets me so excited.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its kinda crazy that they are going through the upgrade system and not reading the damn text that shows the pros and cons lol. Or like "what does this gun weave do??"
It's to the point now that if in the future I hear Alex criticise a game saying "It doesn't do a very good job of explaining X/Y/Z" or "See I didn't realise you could do that" I'm going to be like "Uh huh..."

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
We've pretty much known the PS5 (and the next Xbox) would be BC since the start of this gen. Seeing people celebrate it as a new announcement is slightly strange to me.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
My hope with the PSVR 1 being compatable with PS5 is that Sony will understand they need a better VR controller and will come out with something that replaces the move controllers
How this will work with old games or with the PSVR 1 headset? No idea if it's even possible. But if they are going to commit to another generation of VR, they HAVE to get a real controller

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of that is because he's being recorded.

I've heard LetsPlayers talk about the "LP tax" for a while.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
With the architecture the PS4 is built on I thought bc was a given but maybe i'm wrong. I've always just assumed the PS5 would have it. Now if they announced BC for previous consoles i'd be hyped
At a certain point you'd hope they'd brute force it with software. A console released in 2020 has to be able to emulate one (even as ludicrously-designed as the PS3 was) from fourteen years prior.

Edit: In fact, unless I'm remembering wrong, there was a line of PS3s (one of which I have, the MGS4 one with the first DualShock3) that removed the Emotion Engine chip and still found a way to emulate PS2s. I think that the Cell was just so fucking out there they couldn't do the same with the PS4.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Imagine playing on a PC.
Speaking of... I noticed Jeff going back to the consoles playing the new main titles although he has a pretty capable PC afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.