• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Brad's question from the Bombcast of whether you can play SteamVR games on the Oculus Quest sure got answered quickly

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Will Smith but I dread the inevitable return of interminable and inscrutable VR tech talk whenever he's on the bombcast.

May 5, 2018
Can we at least talk about good 90s anime in here like Seinfeld?
Sure, some of the cosplay I've seen of George and Kramer are impeccable.

george-costanza-costume-kit.main.jpeg

71S2lp%2BYMUL._UL1500_.jpg

An anime of a lifetime, I tell you.

May 5, 2018
Also on a side note, the RE4 playdate has inspired me to cook an egg sandwich for breakfast. Too many eggs.

The playdate has been a delight too.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised at how many games I was able to name from the main character names in the game they played during Bombcast e-mails. Ben gets a see me after class for getting 0.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if Jeff got to see any Watch Dogs 3 stuff at Judges' Week? It came up on the Bombcast, but he obvs couldn't really say anything that'd imply he'd seen it.

Of the rumours they talked about, the only one that's accurate for surezies is the London setting. The rest is kinda up in the air, tho I'm certainly hoping the woman protagonist/minimal guns stuff pays off. And if they are going the 'you're a cop who's infiltrating Dedsec' route...

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I wonder if Jeff got to see any Watch Dogs 3 stuff at Judges' Week? It came up on the Bombcast, but he obvs couldn't really say anything that'd imply he'd seen it.

Of the rumours they talked about, the only one that's accurate for surezies is the London setting. The rest is kinda up in the air, tho I'm certainly hoping the woman protagonist/minimal guns stuff pays off. And if they are going the 'you're a cop who's infiltrating Dedsec' route...

I hope everything is true as well. Playing WD2 for the first time right now and enjoying it quite a bit, I have some hopes!
Edit: Also - I guess it's fine if I have not palyed WD1?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I hope everything is true as well. Playing WD2 for the first time right now and enjoying it quite a bit, I have some hopes!
Edit: Also - I guess it's fine if I have not palyed WD1?
Yea don't worry about playing Watch Dogs 1--Watch Dogs 2 isn't dependent on it at all - one small side mission features Aiden 'Iconic Hat' Pearce, but he never even speaks, thankfully, plus there's a side-character introduced later on in the game who first appeared in WD1, but you don't need to know anything more about him than the game tells you - so I presume the same'll be true for 3.

Sep 12, 2018
I've owned Watch Dogs 2 since it came out, can't wait to build a PC that can actually run it well. Game brings my i5 CPU and DDR3 RAM to their knees.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Ryckert is still "searching" for a hat, AKA waiting until someone just gives him a nacho hat at a PAX or something

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I took a tranquilizer before I went to bed last night because I was jacked up, and had the occasional side effect of very vivid, long-lasting dreams. So I just lived for what felt like 48 hours in a near-future world on the brink of apocalypse with people going fool loot/kill/suicide all over the place and was trying to C4 a future bridge in a desperate plea for....something.

Anyway, what I wanted to get to was I had a long conversation with a really reflective and sad Duke Nukem who regretted a lot of his life choices but didn't want to go gently into that good night. So I'm clearly in a place, like, as a person.

Anytime someone talks about eating a hat this legit pops into my head.
Same here. That song's been in my head for 25 years, too, moreso than the actual one it's based on, and comes up any time I eat nachos.

May 5, 2018
Watched more Laid Back camp (up to episode 7). Still liking it a lot and its super relaxing to watch. Its OST is freaking soothing and in the top tier of television OST's. I want to buy the soundtrack pronto. Though I'm hoping the bad parts of that show are out of the way. And by that I mean...
Seeing the characters reach the hot springs and relax there. Now the moments are brief and there is good reason for Nadeshiko, Chiaki, Aoi and later Rin to go there because its below 10 degrees outside and they need to get warm. It could have done without showing the girls in the hot springs which came off as fanservicey and I found that to be gross. Again they were brief clips and nothing too into bad taste, but still. It got back to being good after all of that nonsense

I like that whenever Rin smiles its just her face enlarged with no mouth. Her moment with Nadeshiko finding her sleeping in the library and then eating the chocolate steamed buns was cute too.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Watched more Laid Back camp (up to episode 7). Still liking it a lot and its super relaxing to watch. Its OST is freaking soothing and in the top tier of television OST's. I want to buy the soundtrack pronto. Though I'm hoping the bad parts of that show are out of the way. And by that I mean...
Seeing the characters reach the hot springs and relax there. Now the moments are brief and there is good reason for Nadeshiko, Chiaki, Aoi and later Rin to go there because its below 10 degrees outside and they need to get warm. It could have done without showing the girls in the hot springs which came off as fanservicey and I found that to be gross. Again they were brief clips and nothing too into bad taste, but still. It got back to being good after all of that nonsense

I like that whenever Rin smiles its just her face enlarged with no mouth. Her moment with Nadeshiko finding her sleeping in the library and then eating the chocolate steamed buns was cute too.

I'm surprised you had that reaction to the hot springs thing, honestly--I thought they did a really good job of framing it in a way that didn't come across as sexualised/fanservice-y. The camera didn't get all male gazey, and the way they talked to each other and just hung out felt natural.

Anyways yea everything Rin is great. 'Specially the scene where she gets that camping stove/fire stand thingy.

May 5, 2018
I'm surprised you had that reaction to the hot springs thing, honestly--I thought they did a really good job of framing it in a way that didn't come across as sexualised/fanservice-y. The camera didn't get all male gazey, and the way they talked to each other and just hung out felt natural.

Anyways yea everything Rin is great. 'Specially the scene where she gets that camping stove/fire stand thingy.
Eh, fair point. I guess I just naturally get disgusted when I see anime get fanservice-ish with teenage girls. But it's probably cleaner than other anime and the characters' conversation felt grounded. Onto episode 7, just learned that Rin became a camper after she got camping equipment from her grandpa, who was that old guy who offered Chiaki steak!

Ok my internet is acting weird because it made it look like this post was a double post so I edited the second post, but there wasn't actually a double post so now I had to edit my post here.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

This was my takeaway as well and it felt in line with the rest of the show: comfy, cozy, and warm. Laid Back Camp is the "wrapped in a big blanket beside a warm fire on a snowy night with a cup of hot chocolate" of anime.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
American Fugitive looks interesting... But now it makes me want to play GTA Chinatown Wars... I imagine there's no way to play it on any kind of modern device tho

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
American Fugitive looks interesting... But now it makes me want to play GTA Chinatown Wars... I imagine there's no way to play it on any kind of modern device tho
I think there is an IOS version if you have access to that.
Oh also an android version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rockstargames.gtactw&hl=en

I have no idea how good of a port the mobile version is, you could always use emulation. provided you own your own copy of the game :P

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I think there is an IOS version if you have access to that.
Oh also an android version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rockstargames.gtactw&hl=en

I have no idea how good of a port the mobile version is, you could always use emulation. provided you own your own copy of the game :P
Ah yeah I forgot about the mobile version.... But yeah it's a mobile version lol... I guess I could try to find a DS cart and play it on my 3DS

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, fuck it. Just got Observation, now I'm gonna go have a shower and get some new glasses while it downloads very very slowly on my fantastic internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.