• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
513j28.jpg

Dan's book came today, I can relate to some of his anecdotes so far, been a great read and I'm learning some ideas.

Glad I bought it.

Thanks Dan.
I should probably read that book at some point.

Also, I can't help but repeat that it's really funny that Dan dislikes Celeste even though it's the only game I can think of where you literally use your anxiety as an ally.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably read that book at some point.

Also, I can't help but repeat that it's really funny that Dan dislikes Celeste even though it's the only game I can think of where you literally use your anxiety as an ally.
How much of Celeste did he play?

Last I heard he just didn't like it because he thought it was Super Meat Boy.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair it is kind of Super Meat Boy.

It's also really good and a thing he'd normally like but didn't for whatever reasons the time he tried it.
It's Super Meat Boy except you can tweak the difficulty however you want instead of having the game stomp you into the dirt again and again until you figure out how to play.

May 5, 2018
To be fair it is kind of Super Meat Boy.

It's also really good and a thing he'd normally like but didn't for whatever reasons the time he tried it.
And also Super Meat Boy is inspired by Matt Thorson's Jumper Games.

Also yeah, Celeste was my favorite game of last year. I feel pretty proud that I beat the C Sides without any assist mode options. Beat those clean!

For Dan hey guess what, not everyone is gonna like something even if it has a great reputation. It happens.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I had zero interest in Cadence of Hyrule until hearing recent impressions of it. Necrodancer just was/is not something I am interested in at all so was just prepared to skip Cadence as well but looking into it now. Not that I think that it (necrodancer) is a bad game, just the definition of not my bag.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
And also Super Meat Boy is inspired by Matt Thorson's Jumper Games.

Also yeah, Celeste was my favorite game of last year. I feel pretty proud that I beat the C Sides without any assist mode options. Beat those clean!

For Dan hey guess what, not everyone is gonna like something even if it has a great reputation. It happens.
Platinuming Celeste is one of my proudest gaming achievements in recent memory. Damn that game is good, if I had finished it last year it definitely would have made my top 10 with a strong case for #1.

May 5, 2018
Platinuming Celeste is one of my proudest gaming achievements in recent memory. Damn that game is good, if I had finished it last year it definitely would have made my top 10 with a strong case for #1.
It's awesome. I'm just waiting on the free DLC it's getting where it's one large endgame chapter that's supposedly harder than the C Sides. There's no official release date for it but Matt Thorson has tweeted updates about it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I think I finally want to give Divinity Original Sin 2 a chance but man... must...resist... buying it right before a Steam sale...

Also, the game is seemingly barely on any sites other than Steam proper and like Gog... Sucks for when you're looking for deals

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
My secret fear is that they'll forget that certain missions in ME3 are time-sensitive and as such miss out on Grissom Academy and the other ME2 companion quests.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
There's so much shit in ME3 that I am dying to hear Alex react to.

The completely unnaturally paced opening, Kai Lang, Sexy EDI, and of course, the ending

I do hope the play through the DLC

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god, Kai Leng. Just the best worst excuse for having a boss fight in that one Supernova room.

Oct 25, 2017
It boggles my mind that they decided at like the eleventh hour to give Shepherd a rival character who was a super ninja.
--
Sexy EDI is a pillar of the community though

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
a jerky space ninja with a sword voiced by Troy Baker of all people is kinda the inverse of what I wanted out of mass effect

the EDI (and Legion) situation is deeply comical cuz shortly after ME2 released I remember reading their former writer going on about how hard he worked to have those two characters be believable synthetic beings that didn't aspire to humanity, beings who were comfortable with what they were

and how hard that was with Legion cuz "someone" insisted it have a piece of Shep's armor despite him arguing it would make no sense for an AI like Legion to be sentimental in that way
it worked out, but still

but then ME3 happens and we get sexy pinocchio and "does this unit have a soul"
yuck

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Also those slow ass dream sequences with that kid they kill off to try to force an emotional reaction out of the player.

I still haven't played with Javik because of that. But I also haven't touched the game since release
If the decade-later review of Shadow Broker is accurate and portentous to ME3, Javik will also be very well recieved.

(A mini side episode of them taking turns reading SB entries on all the cast members would be great).

Also, here's yet another reminder that apparently the game The Yawhg was named after The Yahg in The Shadow Broker. I cannot find proof of this but I stand by it.

Didn't you have pan the camera 2B-style to see it in the first place?

Regardless, they're likely gonna be running the texture pack mod that - I think - removes that bit from EDI's outfit
TBH while I think the stupid robo-cameltoe is dumb, I'd almost rather it be there to hear Alex react to it.

For a game that let you play as complete sociopath, making the player character appear to grieve about anyone was a weird choice.

Yeah, I've said since 2012 they should have put the crew member you let die in ME1 in the "kid" role at the end of the game (they had to bring both actors in either way) but they insisted on ME3 being a Great Place to Jump In, so that never happened.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Eh, It's an excellent game with multiple serious flaws. Is what it is
As a fan of both ME games, especially 2, I was really looking forward to it but holy shit at the impressions when this game came out. The ending especially, you couldn't walk a meter without hearing about it. Really soured on my interest in ever playing the game. All I did in the end was follow the whole drama instead of playing the game lol.

Ah....the indoctrination theory. Good times.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, It's an excellent game with multiple serious flaws. Is what it is
Eh, it's a very, very flawed game with a few moments of excellence. A fair bit of the soundtrack is great, Tuchanka is great, and that's mostly it.

May 5, 2018
For the sake of my time to sleep, I had to put down Cadence of Hyrule, but I'm really digging Cadence of Hyrule. Which is strange since I found Crypt of the Necrodancer blistering hard and haven't gotten too deep on Zelda games.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
like javik was so essential to me, like I had to take him on most missions cause they were about protheans and I wanted his commentary of it.

Is Mass Alex worth watching? I dropped off after the first few episodes..

I think it's good but there are a lot of moments like when they are doing big side missions in me1 or mining in me2 that if you aren't into their conversations it can be boring.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
If scanning planets isn't considered good content, a solid third of me isn't good content.

And you love all of me, don't you?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017

old news but it's good that nintendo is consistent

also remember when dan argued that the nsmb games and 3d world didn't count as main mario games for some baffling reason i can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.