• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
3195.jpg

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Still waiting for Barry S2 to finish to binge.

Should I watch Game Tapes or current content and by Game Tapes I mean from the beginning rewatch!

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
It's extremely hard, but I'm also waiting for Barry to wrap up before I binge it. It's the first show that my entire family has collectively been into.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The power curve in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is kinda bananpants (on the highest difficulty, even!). I went from struggling to beat multiple enemies, to gracefully cutting through them like a scythe through butter. A combination of extra skills and more focused gear have made all the difference.

The secret? Combat Asssassin builds are OP. Warrior has a multi-hit adrenaline-generating skill, and a multi-target ultimate that makes quick work of even the strongest foes. And with that asssassinate-in-combat skill in the assassin tree, you can deliver a near-nonstop barrage of special attacks. Mercenaries, and even battlefields, are a pushover now.

And pro-tip: heavy axes are the best weapon. Decent speed, strong attack, staggers shield-bearers, and the heavy attacks will swing wildly enough to hit enemies swarming you. It's the weapon for every situation.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So I finished Kiwami 2
E49B01DAA7F8F1E3C6224F23219D352B9F1375BE

Did a few side stories but for the most part I just main lined it. I will go back some day and play around with host club and clan creator I think.

My thoughts:
PC Port - Was an OK port for the most part. Looked really good and playing at 4k60 was a real treat. But some serious issues I hope get fixed, SSAO is bad. I mean it looks better with it on than off. But their is this grimy artifact that appears on stuff especially noticed on white stuff. Also the AA implementation is bad. Both FXAA and SMAA leave a lot of jaggies that was really off putting. Could really benefit with a TAA option. Physics can be wonky but I love it, when you throw enemies they go flying across the screen lightning fast.

Gameplay: The combat is so much better than the combat in 0 and Kiwami, I actually really loved the combat in this game also the abilities learning is way better than Kiwami.

Story: Main story is my favourite of 0, Kiwami and this one. Really was a great time and looked so good. Side stories seemed better than Kiwami from the ones I did but nowhere as great as 0's.

Overall I am really glad I played this.

Now to finish LiS2 Episode 3 just in time to jump into Rage 2 :D

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So I only watched the first season of GoT and never could get into it. Also read the first 2 books and didn't like them, I just can't get into fantasy stuff. Anyways can some spoiler tag and give me a brief synopsis for someone out of the know what this episode did that has people up in arms.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I kinda hate that I'm with Dan on Thrones. The show isn't doing anything that it hasn't set up for multiple seasons. That was one of my favorite episodes.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I just started my next episode of FATT and during the recap the phrase "fake milk scheme" was casually uttered and it disassociated me for a hot second

so they mentioned "the Milk arc" (or something like that) during a live stream when I was a little behind, and I was like "oh, a character named Milk's involved"

nope, it's real milk, from MOM Co.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
the thing about GoT is that it's like... not... surprising...? at all?

that's what makes it so bad for me, that I feel like they were trying to go for this tense jump into surprise or shock value, and instead it's uhhhhh exactly what the level of writing has made me expect

the "twist" is that they didn't do some more laughable things I expected and instead will probably do some alternatively laughable things I expect next week, honestly

EDIT:

last time on GoT: coin flip for mad queen

varys: coin flip for mad queen

show: MHMMM, I WONDER, IF MAYHAPS, SHE'LL, INEXPLICABLY MURDER INNOCENTS, WAIT THE BELLS ARE RINGING, BUT... OOPSIE!!

was I supposed to be surprised or find this interesting at all or

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hate that I'm with Dan on Thrones. The show isn't doing anything that it hasn't set up for multiple seasons. That was one of my favorite episodes.

I think Dan would understand why people are mad if it was put in wrestling terms, for example in one thing people are mad at:

Cersei's shitty death. It would be like if The Rock vs Hollywood Hogan at Wrestlemania 18 finished 5 seconds into the match via roll up. There is zero catharsis.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Abby is pretty much 100% on point, but her point about Jaime/Brienne is probably my biggest gripe of all. It's almost painful remembering how much potential that arc had back in season... three (?) and to lead to this is fucking maddening.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just finished episode 3 of life is strange

And FUCK incredible episode. But the ending. I'm shook and wondering if it could have played out different. Fuck.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I think Dan would understand why people are mad if it was put in wrestling terms, for example in one thing people are mad at:

Cersei's shitty death. It would be like if The Rock vs Hollywood Hogan at Wrestlemania 18 finished 5 seconds into the match via roll up. There is zero catharsis.

I mean, if we're talking in wrestling terms, it's more like The Rock spent years before WMX8 talking about how he'd do anything to beat Hogan and then turning heel to defeat him. If I have one complaint about how tonight went, it's that it was all relatively laid out and predictable. Abby's twitter meltdown is kinda nonsensical.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The most common defense of the past few episodes I've seen has been "Wah stop overthinking things nerds, just turn your brain off" so it makes sense that Dan would be one of the people that still likes it.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Abby is pretty much 100% on point, but her point about Jaime/Brienne is probably my biggest gripe of all. It's almost painful remembering how much potential that arc had back in season... three (?) and to lead to this is fucking maddening.
They spent so much fucking time building Jamie up to not be the character everyone thought he was only at the last second to go "lol, nah", and the fucking emotionally redeeming moment they tried to give Cersei by making her cry about her unborn child in an attempt to make you feel bad for her was just.... uggghhhh! This episode was so frustrating.

It's dangerously close to Dexter season 8 levels of just smoke some crack and go to bed.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how thoroughly they destroyed Game of Thrones. It's honestly kinda impressive, they went out of their way to kill almost every major character's arc

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
They spent so much fucking time building Jamie up to not be the character everyone thought he was only at the last second to go "lol, nah", and the fucking emotionally redeeming moment they tried to give Cersei by making her cry about her unborn child in an attempt to make you feel bad for her was just.... uggghhhh! This episode was so frustrating.

It's dangerously close to Dexter season 8 levels of just smoke some crack and go to bed.

Nothing is as bad as the ending of Dexter, that's nonsense. Thrones could end with Podrick taking the throne for having the biggest dick in Westeros and it would be a better ending than Dexter.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
the only thing about Jamie that surprised me is that

at no point did he go "...it's my child, dipshit", like I expected Euron to brag about that bit but I guess not...?

and I did laugh out loud when Euron just fucking showed up the water, because of course, of course

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops... I decided to try out the tutorial for Age of Wonders 3 while watching that God of War documentary and well... I guess I'm 20 turns in now lol

I gotta say... After playing so much Total War recently... It's really nice to hit "End turn" and having the next turn start instantly lol.

The problem I have now with both AoW3 and Warhammer 2 is that I kinda prefer a LOT more the strategy part of the game and not so much the battles so I end up using the auto battle option a lot but it kinda sucks to do that...

Oh and that God of War doc is real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.